Dana White: Anderson Silva Will Possibly Get a Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz

Anderson Silva at almost 40 years of age and coming off of back to back losses to Weidman shouldn't get a title shot. As a huge Anderson fan, I would prefer that he doesn't go near Weidman in the octagon again. They fought twice, Weidman won both times. Please not a third time. I couldn't handle Anderson losing to Weidman 3 times :icon_sad:

What a joke.

Time is Now...to have pointless rematches. Lawler vs Hendricks, Silva vs Weidman, Barao vs TJ.

Dana is a simpleton with no imagination or long term vision.

Why else does he keep making rematches so soon?

He says that, but likely for hype. I really hope that doesn't happen, at this point nobody should want to see Anderson take a beating, which he'll definitely get from Weidman.

Dana is a simpleton with no imagination or long term vision.

Why else does he keep making rematches so soon?

He just ruined JDS by serving him up to Cain that third fight without any time to improve his TDD etc. There was no excuse to rush into that fight.

Sorry but a win over Diaz shouldn't award a title shot.

If Silva wants a title shot he'll get one. He might choose to wait and do other things but I think they have decided Silva can make his own decisions if he wins. Right or wrong thats what the UFC is doing basically.

Are people really ruling out Anderson Silva in the third fight? I would definitely give Weidman 70% chance of winning but Anderson definitely has a chance as the dangerous striker he is. The fight with Machida showed a lot about Weidman which Anderson might not have known before. Weidman gasses in later rounds and can be a target, if Anderson could survive the early rounds, which I honestly think he can (the first two fights really had special circumstances), he could potentially make it competitive or even find a way to win in the championship rounds. That is, if he is still the same fighter.

That would be stupid when there are at least a couple other fighters who should be ahead of him in line.

And beating Nick Diaz would be considered a big win???????? Interesting maybe, but not a big win.

EDIT* I could see Machida getting a rematch before Silva does.

Jesus, give Anderson a break, why does he need to fight Weidman on his 2nd fight back afer breaking his leg, at least let him have a couple of fights. If Anderson is even 90% of what he was, the rematch will happen sometime anyway.

Yay. We'll get to see Anderson destroyed again

It's almost as if it's one long running joke. They've lost all control, and have absolutely no idea what they're doing anymore. It's just sad.

Yep. Shit is just on automatic at this moment. I hope they know what they are doing, because it looks like they don't.

well...clearly this has more to do with Silva's past as dominant champ, and the 'odd' nature of his two losses (moreso the 2nd one) to Weidman, than it does about Diaz being the guy to beat for a title shot at 185 :D

I think this makes sense if Vitor beats Weidman...but if Weidman wins, then there are more interesting fights for him (Jacare, for one) and I think Silva might do with another fight at 185, against a contender at 185, before getting another crack.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not he is deserving of a title shot after 1 win, all I know is that Anderson is a real champ... both in and out of the cage. Can't wait for this fight. Silva is about to stage the biggest comeback since Foreman, SURGE (the soda), and ebola combined.

10929236_343458692506984_8382864856754444149_n.jpg

Last edited:
Im pretty sure Silva doesnt wanna fight Weidman again anytime soon or maybe ever again, thats what he said.
Jacare or Rockhold should get a title shot

Back