Dana White: Anderson Silva Will Possibly Get a Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz

That means Diaz's gonna get a title shot if he KO Anderson as well

Because Diaz has proven himself at 185?

1qTlEOr.gif

In the mean streets of Stockton, there are no weight classes, Homie! Making it out of the 209, is validation in itself.

#WARDIAZ

[YT]GbYyVBzJ5Ck[/YT]

Seriously? With Jacare and Rockhold waiting in the wings?

Would make sense if Vitor manages to win, but I don't think there's a good chance of that happening.

You can even add Romero to that list.

Agree with your Vitor statement.

Bullshit. Nobody wants to see him fight Weidman again, what else does he have to do to the guy?

Let Jacare or Rockhold get a shot.

Im shocked with the level of ignorance on this thread by posters who are veterans.

Weidman destroyed Silva twice. He would beat him even worse. Silva is an old man past his prime and any of the top 5 would beat him badly.

The guy should retire in style if he wins this fight.

and I am "shocked with the level of ignorance by posters on this thread who are veterans" too. It is easy to say what you say about someone who has just broken their leg. How many fights do we see where the person who has the upper hand in round 1 loses? How many fights do we see where someone snaps his leg. All I'm saying is that it was an unusual occurance. I very happily admit that Weidman is a great talent who may go on to have a long run like Anderson did and enter goat discussion.

Good job Anderson wouldn't want it

For a Champion like Weidman that gets injured a lot, title shots are at a premium.

Giving Anderson another shot when you got guys like Rockhold, Jacare, Romero, and Machida right there is really despicable. Its a money grab really though; a third fight against Weidman would sell very well in the ppv department.

Even though i believe Anderson did enough in his career to earn a tittle shot immediately, and both of his fights against Weidman ended in weird ways to say the least, i don't think it's the right time for a third fight, he needs to fight a top 5 so we can see if he still at his prior level.

Chris smashed him twice. Chris will smash him thrice.

Dana is full of it. Next he'll say winner of big country vs reem will get title shot.

He will, coz it'll make bigger money than Rockhold or the Jacare/Romero winner. I have little interest in a third fight.

complete bullshit

this is why ufc is completely losing all its credibility

the ranking system as it exists today is a bad joke

So anderson silva entered the ufc in 2006,his first and only loss in the organization happened in 2013,he got injured and on his fight back he will fight a very tough oponent...but somehow if he wins according to most people here he doesnt deserve a chance to fight for something that was his for 7 years,something that he sucessful defended for i dont even know how many times. If he wanted i bet they would give him the fight fot the tittle instead of nick diaz and it would still be well deserved.

So anderson silva entered the ufc in 2006,his first and only loss in the organization happened in 2013,he got injured and on his fight back he will fight a very tough oponent...but somehow if he wins according to most people here he doesnt deserve a chance to fight for something that was his for 7 years,something that he sucessful defended for i dont even know how many times. If he wanted i bet they would give him the fight fot the tittle instead of nick diaz and it would still be well deserved.

huge Anderson fan but....

every year, NFL and NBA teams must vie for the title. Even last season's champion starts from the bottom. there is no such thing as automatic title shots in other legit sports and should also be the case for mma. Dont let Dana brainwash us to think that title shots to be WORLD CHAMPION are gifts--they should be EARNED! '

If he beats Nick, he becomes 1-2 since losing his title and the 1 win would be over an unranked opponent debuting at 185 div. (unless we include his catchweight fights over Smith and Shamrock). Anderson should string together 2 big wins to legitimize his spot and, for his own sake, to warm up for an opponent as dangerous as Weidman.

every year, NFL and NBA teams must vie for the title. Even last season's champion starts from the bottom. there is no such thing as automatic title shots in other legit sports and should also be the case for mma. Dont let Dana brainwash us to think that title shots to be WORLD CHAMPION are gifts--they should be EARNED! '

If he beats Nick, he becomes 1-2 since losing his title and the 1 win would be over an unranked opponent debuting at 185 div. (unless we include his catchweight fights over Smith and Shamrock). Anderson should string together 2 big wins to legitimize his spot and, for his own sake, to warm up for an opponent as dangerous as Weidman.

Those are different things,in a team sports like NFL and NBA every team starts in the same place and then every season a champion must be found,in mma there

Exactly this. This is why UFC is not a legit sports league. They are more WWE than anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back