Dana White: Anderson Silva Will Possibly Get a Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz

I'm sure Anderson will get a shot if he beats Diaz (and Vitor somehow beats Weidman).

fuck the ufc just doesn't even fucking care at all anymore.

hint: they never did.

Just whatever makes them money. With enough spin, they can provide a facade of legitimacy, but when it boils down to it, its always just been about the best way to extract the most $$$ from the fanbase

If Jacare beats Yoel he needs the next title shot.

Why the fuck would anyone want to see Weidman/Silva III?

There is no way you put on Spider vs Weidman 3 barring him cleaning out everyone again

What a joke. Beating an unranked welterweight who hasn't fought in nearly 2 years is merits for a title shot? Put him vs jacare, rockhold, machida or romero for a title shot. Even beating bisping presents a better argument for a title shot. UFC trying to milk Silva for all he worth in the worst possible ways.

Surprised CM Punk didn't get 1st crack?

Are people really ruling out Anderson Silva in the third fight? I would definitely give Weidman 70% chance of winning but Anderson definitely has a chance as the dangerous striker he is. The fight with Machida showed a lot about Weidman which Anderson might not have known before. Weidman gasses in later rounds and can be a target, if Anderson could survive the early rounds, which I honestly think he can (the first two fights really had special circumstances), he could potentially make it competitive or even find a way to win in the championship rounds. That is, if he is still the same fighter.

I am the biggest Anderson fan in the world and I put everything down on weidman last year in the second fight. The real advantage Anderson had was being in the head of weidman in the first fight. Once he blew it by turning fear into anger it was all downhill from there.

Once Weidman realized "Hey this guy is mortal and I beat him" Anderson has nothing left. He is only getting older and slower.

Sucks but that's the way sports work

I am a HUGE Silva fan but I don't think he should get a title shot next. Either Jacare or Rockhold as others have mentioned.

How about give Anderson fights he hasn't had yet. Preferably with guys who are going to strike with him and have good name recognition. Not title fights or #1 contender fights.

legitimacy as a real sport continues to be hacked away. Anderson should have to get at least 2 dominate Ws to get another title shot.

I think it would depend how he wins, if its spectacular, you could give it to him but arn't there other middleweights?

i would truly fear for silva if he got a third weidman fight

hes no spry chicken

Jesus, give Anderson a break, why does he need to fight Weidman on his 2nd fight back afer breaking his leg, at least let him have a couple of fights. If Anderson is even 90% of what he was, the rematch will happen sometime anyway.

I am the biggest Anderson fan in the world and I put everything down on weidman last year in the second fight. The real advantage Anderson had was being in the head of weidman in the first fight. Once he blew it by turning fear into anger it was all downhill from there.

Once Weidman realized "Hey this guy is mortal and I beat him" Anderson has nothing left. He is only getting older and slower.

Sucks but that's the way sports work

Anderson Silva has been old in mma for a long time, his absolute prime was a long time ago in his mid 30s. I would like to see him clean up the rest of the division or at least a couple of the top 5 then rematch Weidman, but he won't be a competitor forever and I would like to see a rematch, the first was a flash KO and the second was a very rare accident, Silva gave a lot to the sport and deserves a proper rematch that doesn't end in a leg break.

There are so many legit guys at 185. Let's see Anderson beat one of them before he gets another rematch.

Anderson Silva has been old in mma for a long time, his absolute prime was a long time ago in his mid 30s. I would like to see him clean up the rest of the division or at least a couple of the top 5 then rematch Weidman, but he won't be a competitor forever and I would like to see a rematch, the first was a flash KO and the second was a very rare accident, Silva gave a lot to the sport and deserves a proper rematch that doesn't end in a leg break.

Except Weidman was dominating him in the 2nd fight, and flash ko'd him in the first round. Silvas champion days are done. No one but nut huggers want to see Silva get slaughtered again.

Except Weidman was dominating him in the 2nd fight, and flash ko'd him in the first round. Silvas champion days are done. No one but nut huggers want to see Silva get slaughtered again.

yeah, and DC was dominating Jones in a 3 round fight. Wake up, the fight was 5 rounds. Losing by leg break is no normal

Technically he didn't lose to Weidman the second time

0729cb54-6641-44f4-ba6e-60f6a89a2a17.gif

Back