Dana White: Aldo vs McGregor set for Dec. 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas (Poll)

Will need to see them in the cage before I get hyped.

I'm glad they squeezed it in before the end of the year.

Edgar vs Holloway/Oliveira winner in the meantime.

Mendes vs Stephens?

Clueless casual fans also thought Anderson was going to beat Weidman. They havent been paying attention to Conor's slick skills. They have another thing coming lol

I bet a majority of "people" blindly voting for Aldo havent even seen his fights and dont know that Aldo has been his least impressive against other strikers. Conor is not just "another striker," hes the BEST striker in the game, plus southpaw. Bad match up for Aldo. Dont be suprised if Conor beats Aldo even easier then he beat Mendes. This has "passing of the torch" written all over it

Holy shit his guy. Maybe people might take you seriously if you did one of your pitiful "analyses" on a fighter other than your stalking victim..

They can now run the same Vegas Strip promo instead of wasting all that money on it

Aldo can't be arsed to show up for the fight. But if he does Conor will beat him.

Conor is going to smoke Aldo. Too skilled. Too slick. Too smart. Too versatile.

Aldo in all his fights has shown bad tendencies to over-react to fients, over-commit (or under commit) and get countered. Even against Harmonick shown here (Harmonick tagged Aldo a ton)

JA_7_medium.png

Meanwhile compared to anyone else Aldo has ever fought,

We have the sophisticated of Conor's lead hand game, who specializes in drawing opponents off balance, and who better utilises fients, plus more sophistocated lead hand tactics like probes, to draw out and counter, like here:

Buchinger_medium.gif

Conor probes with his lead hand. The best result being to draw out a response. Buchinger responds. Conor anticipates, slips and counters. One of the most flawless pull away counters you will ever see in MMA

Or to distract and land, like here:
CreamyConsciousJenny.gif

1. Conor probes lead hand. Gif starts as both are tangled up jocking for lead hand dominance. Both pull away. Conor uses the distraction to sneak the jab. Jab opens up the left straight. Nice work. It stumbles Mendes.

2. Conor probes again. Mendes reacts. Conor having felt it out knows something is coming. Conor uses his right arm to push and disrupt Mendes while leaning away from the right. The right misses or barely hits Conor's left elbow. But pay attention to how Conor simultaneously had shot a left counter as he used his right arm to control and stiffle. Brilliant. Hard to see if it lands clean but the left certainly causes Mendes to stumble off balance deadening any presuit. Just beautiful awareness and defensive responsibility by Conor. Conor transitions from offence to defense to offence like no one else in MMA also

Here is another example of: distracting with a probe to land by Conor:
giphy.gif

This time in this example, Conor gives a different look off his lead hand probe distraction. Holloway bites. Conor shoulder fients the left, but comes with an up-rising jab instead followed by the left. Conor is as hard as it gets to read or time, because hes always switching it up; even giving different looks off the same set ups etc

Heres another example showcasing Aldo's flaw, plus how in a direct apples to apples comparison - how Conor showcased far greater skill, IQ, defense, and countering

3%2Buppercut.gif

-Aldo bites on Mendes fient and commits hard to a jab with poor defensive responsibility

-Mendes slips it.*

-Mendes slips low. Aldo drops his hands prepared to defend a double

-Aldo gets blasted with his hands down and head leaning in as clean as possible by Mendes follow up uppercut.*

(You will never see Conor get blasted like that with his hands down or head leaning in)

Mendes actually landed THE same set up REPEATEDLY ON ALDO. Even landing the fake shoot to uppercut set up twice in a row on Aldo at one point. Aldo has poor fight IQ

On the other hand here is what happened when the same fighter Mendes tried the same set up against Conor
SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

Pay attention to how Conor subtly brings his hips back to pre-emptively avoid any grabbing of his legs, then shoots the left counter down as Mendes attempts the level change fake. Brilliant*

(How Conor pre-empetively brings his hips back and shots the left spells good news against Edgar's thigh tap takedown set ups)

- After shooting the left, Conor pre-emptively ducks to his right knowing Mendes was likely going to return with a right hand anything. Conor entirely slips Mendes follow up uppercut

-As Conor ducks the follow up uppercut, and is exiting, Conor places a stiff right arm on the inside of Mendes bicep to parry/deflect his chasing right hand widely off course

- Conor quickly stops to regain his feet and with his feet planted he leans low to his left and DUCKS the LEFT from Mendes.*

- After ducking the left, as Conor is coming up he counters with a HARD BODY SHOT

I mean, are you kidding me? That was fucking flawless from Conor. Conor is on a whole other level intellectually defensively and skill wise (to not just Aldo but EVERYONE else in MMA)

Sure anything can happen in MMA. Upsets can happen. But If you actually know what youre watching, its clear as crystal that Conor is the MUCH MORE advanced, technically skilled, more intelligent, far SUPERIOR striker in defense, offence, counters, leads, IQ. The evidence doesnt lie. Aldo NEEDS to grapple.*

Conor's skills, IQ, defense, movement, control, set ups are on another level

Aldo's weaknesses; over reactions/over commitments play right into Conor strengths; fients+lead hand probe game to draw out and counter, distract and land or dictate

Most Aldo fans havent even watched his fights. Aldo is reactive. With Aldo its: "I go, then you go, I react to you, then you react to me." Conor doesnt go into any set patterns like that/like Aldo does. Conor dictates. Switches up speeds, looks, and tactics. Gets off first then avoids. Counters and exits or uses arm control/head control to stiffle after landing and prevent anything else. Conor does so many more advanced things then Aldo. Thats the reality and what the footage shows. Conor 100% has all the skills to massacre Aldo and make it look easy

They can now run the same Vegas Strip promo instead of wasting all that money on it

Dana had all hard drives containing that promo wiped in a fit of rage after Aldo pulled out. they'll need something new this time.

Conor is going to smoke Aldo. Too skilled. Too slick. Too smart. Too versatile.

Aldo in all his fights has shown bad tendencies to over-react to fients, over-commit (or under commit) and get countered. Even against Harmonick shown here (Harmonick tagged Aldo a ton)

JA_7_medium.png

Meanwhile compared to anyone else Aldo has ever fought,

We have the sophisticated of Conor's lead hand game, who specializes in drawing opponents off balance, and who better utilises fients, plus more sophistocated lead hand tactics like probes, to draw out and counter, like here:

Buchinger_medium.gif

Or to distract and land, like here:
CreamyConsciousJenny.gif

Here is another example of: distracting with a probe to land by Conor:
giphy.gif

Heres another example showcasing Aldo's flaw, plus how in a direct apples to apples comparison - how Conor showcased far greater skill, IQ, defense, and countering

3%2Buppercut.gif

-Aldo bites on Mendes fient and commits hard to a jab with poor defensive responsibility

-Mendes slips it.*

-Mendes slips low. Aldo drops his hands prepared to defend a double

-Aldo gets blasted with his hands down and head leaning in as clean as possible by Mendes follow up uppercut.*

(You will never see Conor get blasted like that with his hands down or head leaning in)

Mendes actually landed THE same set up REPEATEDLY ON ALDO. Even landing the fake shoot to uppercut set up twice in a row on Aldo at one point. Aldo has poor fight IQ

On the other hand here is what happened when the same fighter Mendes tried the same set up against Conor
SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

Pay attention to how Conor subtly brings his hips back to pre-emptively avoid any grabbing of his legs, then shoots the left counter down as Mendes attempts the level change fake. Brilliant*

(How Conor pre-empetively brings his hips back and shots the left spells good news against Edgar's thigh tap takedown set ups)

- After shooting the left, Conor pre-emptively ducks to his right knowing Mendes was likely going to return with a right hand anything. Conor entirely slips Mendes follow up uppercut

-As Conor ducks the follow up uppercut, and is exiting, Conor places a stiff right arm on the inside of Mendes bicep to parry/deflect his chasing right hand widely off course

- Conor quickly stops to regain his feet and with his feet planted he leans low to his left and DUCKS the LEFT from Mendes.*

- After ducking the left, as Conor is coming up he counters with a HARD BODY SHOT

Anything can happen in MMA. Upsets can happen. But If you actually know what youre watching, its clear as crystal that Conor is the MUCH MORE advanced, technically skilled, more intelligent, far SUPERIOR striker in defense, offence, counters, leads, IQ. The evidence doesnt lie. Aldo NEEDS to grapple.*

Conor's skills, IQ, defense, movement, control, set ups are on another level

Aldo's weaknesses; over reactions/over commitments play right into Conor strengths; fients+lead hand probe game to draw out and counter, distract and land or dictate

Most Aldo fans havent even watched his fights. Aldo is reactive. With Aldo its: "I go, then you go, I react to you, then you react to me." Conor doesnt go into any set patterns like that/like Aldo does. Conor dictates. Switches up speeds, looks, and tactics. Gets off first then avoids. Counters and exits or uses arm control/head control to stiffle after landing and prevent anything else. Conor does so many more advanced things then Aldo. Thats the reality and what the footage shows. Conor 100% has all the skills to massacre Aldo and make it look easy

Well said.

Who will step in for Aldo this time?

Doing TUF with Faber answers this question. Create bad blood to generate a possible fight with someone they can sell as "deserving" in Faber (somehow).

Dana covering his bases this time :)

McGregor TKO in first round

Despite Aldo being turtled up it was an early stoppage, as a champion Hozay should have been given to the bell to recover. And Conor's boxing looked sloppy and that bad haircut Aldo got messed with his mind.

#WarAldoInTheRematch

I'm glad they squeezed it in before the end of the year.

Edgar vs Holloway/Oliveira winner in the meantime.

Mendes vs Stephens?

Frankie doesn't need to smoke Oliveira again. If Holloway wins, that fight makes sense though.

So I guess this is UFC 194 and there's no event in Calgary. I guess they'll go there next year. Or the December Fox event could be in Calgary. Maybe they'll do the TUF Finale on December 5. I guess 195 will also be in Vegas on January 2 with Ronda Rousey and possibly CM Punk's debut.

I wonder why they still aren't doing Cowboys Stadium. I thought if there was ever a time, this was gonna be it. I don't know what else they need to pull the trigger on a show like that. They have Conor and Ronda as their clear biggest stars, looking to fight around the same time, against their respective greatest rivals, with Conor having TUF buildup, there being plenty of other champions ready to fight around that time to add a 3rd title fight, and also potential WWE audience with CM Punk. What else are they looking for to go with the stadium?

btw, I'm taking Conor by TKO round 1.

lol people still think Aldo will win?

Aren't you clowns tired of being on the wrong side of history?

Just get down on your knees and embrace. Its happening whether you want it or not.

McGregor, straight left right down the middle. One and done.

Back