Dana: Werdum wanted $800k and PPV points to fight JDS @ UFC 207

ahahaha

I dont ever want to see this slow, goofy, lucky, terrible fighter ever on my main card ever again. Not even top 5 HW. Fedor beats him with ease.

Agree, cains career is over and hope he doesnt get any chance to fuck anyone else over again

Would be worth every cent. They're going to make plenty more than that in profits.

They should be praising him and not punishing him. One guy showed up and another didn't. Give him a gimmie fight or offer him more money.

Conor was the best thing that happened to the fighters

Should have offered him a mill clean. No PPV points.

Yup. Maybe even 1 mil plus 300 K win bonus.

Now asking for PPV points equals almost literally ducking the fight. Ronda is selling 90% or more of that card. The UFC would never concede that.

maxresdefault.jpg

<36>

JDS was going to mash him up and get his redemption on Stipe. Crazy division.

Not even upset. Late notice against a dangerous fighter. And he owes them no favors since he got fired from his broadcasting gig.

The two people I want to see Werdum fight the most are Edmond and Dana White.

800k is crazy enough for Werdum, PPV pts is just lunacy. If you scared just say so. Werdum deserves about 300-400k tops and pray that he gets them back stage bonuses(Starbucks and Amazon gift cards).

Last edited:
Wants that $$$ cause he knows he could get KO'd and not have a marquee fight coming up. Unfortunately Werdum is not worth close to that for the fight....neither is JDS. Perhaps both combined

well bowing to mcgregors evey demand has let the genie out the bottle as far as pay demands go, the trouble is the new owners want to claw their 4 billion back.
its gonna get messy
It's interesting how that's turned out. Everyone saw the big 4billion and thought they'd be getting a chunk of it, but in reality it seems UFC is more worried about making more money which will likely result in being stingy.

Wtf

I see this as fair.

Not sure what all the hoo-ha is about.

Some fans complain about fighters getting paid peanuts.

Other fans mock the fighters for asking for a better pay.

You can never understand them.

Fighters not getting paid has nothing to do with this. He ducked JDS hard.

Conor has really changed the game.
Agreed but Conor would have fought JDS, avenged his loss and then secured the titleshot. Alot of fighters don't demand what they want via their actions inside the octagon, instead, they ask for it outside the octagon.

Such a shame really, I was really looking forward to Werdum x Cain, but when fighting Cain, you need a back up plan.

$800K and you not even the co main event?

I agree with Dana.

Fair.

Former champ. Has beaten the absolute best in his division in multiple organizations. Is not in any way prepared for a fight against someone like JDS, who is a completely different fighter than Cain. 1 week to prepare.

Will be interesting to see in 2017 how many fights are cancelled because UFC doesn't want to pay their fighters. Literally the best fighters in the world sitting out because they aren't being compensated to be headliners, champions and contenders.

Werdum has has as much time to prepare for JDS as JDS has had to prepare for Werdum. Even playing field.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is co-headlining a major PPV in one of the most marquee fights available in the heavyweight division not worth a million dollars?

It's two former champions having a rematch, on the main card. Two established, top 10 former champions.

Makes me cringe that our sport is so embarrassingly low rent you can balk at 800k being a big number.

Bush league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back