Dana: Werdum wanted $800k and PPV points to fight JDS @ UFC 207

how do you think jds would fare against jones? i wanna think he would test jon's chin but he may never get the chance since jones is awesome at keeping out of striking distance and plus he gameplans his opponent and is always strategic in his approach to different opponents with different skill sets. i wouldnt bet money on it, but jds is my favorite fighter of all time, so i gotta stick with my boy no matter what. lol

what do you think?
You didn't ask me but I think JDS would be a small betting favorite over Jones. Maybe a small underdog. But I'm pretty sure the line would be close.

I think JDS matches up well with Jones. Elite TDD, fast hands, KO power, good chin. Jones would have a hard time bullying JDS, and he probably wouldn't finish Junior. Surviving five rounds against JDS would be tough.

Jones could do it, but it would be very hard.
Fair point but Cain is the more difficult fight. Why wouldn't he ask for more money?
Did you mean to say JDS is the harder fight, so he should ask for more money? What you said doesn't make sense.

I wonder what Werdum was originally scheduled to make. To fight Cain.

Anybody know ?

You didn't ask me but I think JDS would be a small betting favorite over Jones. Maybe a small underdog. But I'm pretty sure the line would be close.

I think JDS matches up well with Jones. Elite TDD, fast hands, KO power, good chin. Jones would have a hard time bullying JDS, and he probably wouldn't finish Junior. Surviving five rounds against JDS would be tough.

Jones could do it, but it would be very hard.

Did you mean to say JDS is the harder fight, so he should ask for more money? What you said doesn't make sense.

Oops! I meant to say that JDS is the more dangerous fight. So he should ask for more money.

Cain is the more difficult fight to win.

He's popular to us because we're hardcore tapout wearing full kit wankers. The average pop culture band wagon rider has no idea who he is, like 99% of the roster.

I imagine Werdum is more known in Brazil and since the Cain fight possibly in Mexico. he is also (was he got fired for shitting on Reebok I think) the Spanish commentator for the UFC. Overeem gets paid a shitload as well and Werdum had a UFC belt unlike Overeem

800k, is that meant to be too much? Can't watch the video as I am on my phone without wifi.

Yeah because Conor invented asking for better pay.
Not what I said. That's just what you interpreted, and you are a moron so you should probably not try to interpret.

Most people can recognize Conor opened the floodgates to fighters recognizing and demanding their true worth.

Which ones?
The NCAA is legally a non-profit, but everyone knows that's bull. They're all about the money, and exploiting the athletes.

Anti-American commie bastards IMO.

Werdum deserves every penny of that.

UFC lowballing guys again.

I just saw this too, he deserves that money, and is an aging top contender 1 fight away from the title loss. Fucking UFC only wants to pay women and manets who are bringing a quick buck, don't invest any money on a division that needs it, dummy goofs!

Such PC so progressive, Wooaaww

giphy.gif

If he took the fight and lost based on their history they either release him or renegotiate his contract for a substantially lower rate. So why should he take a dangerous opponent on short notice to help them out?

Some fans complain about fighters getting paid peanuts.

Other fans mock the fighters for asking for a better pay.

You can never understand them.

Its almost like the fanbase is made of different people with different opinions

1. You can't believe anything Dana says. In fact, if he says it, it's probably false based on history.

2. Werdum is putting a potential title shot at risk so he should be paid well. The ufc was bought for 4 billion, they can afford it if they want a good event. Pay up.

3. Werdum has done short notice fights and favors for the ufc before but they fired him from his commentator job for criticizing reebok so f em. He doesn't owe them anything.

Fair.

Former champ. Has beaten the absolute best in his division in multiple organizations. Is not in any way prepared for a fight against someone like JDS, who is a completely different fighter than Cain. 1 week to prepare.

Will be interesting to see in 2017 how many fights are cancelled because UFC doesn't want to pay their fighters. Literally the best fighters in the world sitting out because they aren't being compensated to be headliners, champions and contenders.
well bowing to mcgregors evey demand has let the genie out the bottle as far as pay demands go, the trouble is the new owners want to claw their 4 billion back.
its gonna get messy

If the hw champ can't get that, why do mma?

Nothing wrong with asking more money for short notice. But he doesn't deserve any PPV points on a Rousey headlined card as only a small fraction are paying to see him fight.

Last edited:
God forbid you pay the former champ, all time great HW like a professional athlete!

Back