Dana: Werdum wanted $800k and PPV points to fight JDS @ UFC 207

PutUpYourDux

-
Banned
Reaction score

maxresdefault.jpg

<36>

Last edited:
Should have offered him a mill clean. No PPV points.

Just like Cain didn't pull out, Werdum didn't say no.

Ish.

I blame Cain.

Some fans complain about fighters getting paid peanuts.

Other fans mock the fighters for asking for a better pay.

You can never understand them.

are we believing in Dana now or is it only when it agrees with your hate?

937ebd26ae06cd3763223d70b10530ed11fbd4c3bcb65620d386566d0f799bfb.jpg

I mean Werdum should definitely get a pay bump for the short notice fight, but come on....

This is Werdum's fault..or rather his agent's fault for giving him that absolutely terrible 8 fight deal. 8 fights.

Fair.

Former champ. Has beaten the absolute best in his division in multiple organizations. Is not in any way prepared for a fight against someone like JDS, who is a completely different fighter than Cain. 1 week to prepare.

Will be interesting to see in 2017 how many fights are cancelled because UFC doesn't want to pay their fighters. Literally the best fighters in the world sitting out because they aren't being compensated to be headliners, champions and contenders.

So basically turning it down without having to turn it down.

I like how Dana tries to twist reasonable demands into something that's abhorrent and insinuating that you aren't a "real" fighter unless you take it in the ass for the company.

As an independent contractor, what is in it for Werdum to take a short notice and dangerous fight without compensation? UFC acts like these guys are employees without treating them as such.

Well i think thats a reasonable amount, he is a big name although he isnt a big draw. werdum and jds both have legendary resumes, and jds still has time to add more names to it. im not saying that werdum is too old to have a chance against jds, but eventho they are both my favorites, i gotta go with jds no matter who he fights. lol

He deserves every penny what he asked for to do it. That wasn't unreasonable. UFC are getting greedier by the day. You want favors, you gotta return the favor because Werdum did favors for the UFC when Cain dropped out last time against Hunt in Mexico city. How was he repaid for that loyalty? Well there are new owners now. His loyalty to Zuffa doesn't matter. It's WME now. That's what I see happening. Fighters who were loyal to Zuffa/Fertitas aren't gonna be taken care of by WME.

If he did, good for him. He was the one with something to lose. If you want someone to do you a favor on short notice you better pay them like it. Jds wanted it because he stood to gain everything fighting him. If werdum looked bad even in a win then he's only set himself further back. He deserves what he's asking in that case

So Dana turned it down, not Werdum.

Cheap bald fuck.

I just watched this scrum in that shitty vertical phone cam and now I see this one is in 1080p. fuck me

Back