Dana turns down Rebney's offer to let Askren go if he got a title shot

Going by this premise then Wanderlei isn't "mixed" because he just brawls, but yeah I doubt you cry about how he shouldn't be in the ufc.
lol. Wow. Wand is a high level black belt in JJ. You dont fight what.. 40 times and never lost by submission in MMA without being a badass

Just like Askren SD'd Jay Hieron? Great name change, bro - it's cool but it can't help the fact that you consistently post the most substance-less shit on here.
I don't know who you are, but my "substance-less shit" may have less to do with me and more to do with your inability to follow a conversation. What does Ben Askren's performance against Jay Hieron have to do with GSP being boring? Are you referring to their fight ten years ago when Rush was exciting and went for the kill? Yea, we all miss that GSP.

that's odd.
Didn't Dana say that he was looking for Askren's career?
Then how come now he can't get a title shot?

Because he has not earned it.
You need to fight in the UFC first to get a title shot.
Also if Askren had beat a few top fighters he might had at least a chance to get it but he has not.

Also hire a guy that is a star in another org for Lombard money only to have him lose the title fight.. then what? Nothing to hype nothing to build up and nothing to make money on. According to Sherdog Askren is boring and nobody wants to pay to see him fight.

I don't know who you are, but my "substance-less shit" may have less to do with me and more to do with your inability to follow a conversation. What does Ben Askren's performance against Jay Hieron have to do with GSP being boring? Are you referring to their fight ten years ago when Rush was exciting and went for the kill? Yea, we all miss that GSP.

I watch Bellator and do not dislike Askren, but he is nowhere near as exciting as GSP is.

I like watching that funny American guy fight. He wrestles and shouts "USA!". But I would like to see him go through the UFC wolf pack before he gets a title shot, he has been laying on nobodies in Bellator.

why dosent Dana want it? because in my opinion it adds credibility to Bellator..

what happens if Askren defeats everyone in the UFC? (which is a very likely scenario).. It strengthens Bellators legitimacy while downplaying the UFCs.

I watch Bellator and do not dislike Askren, but he is nowhere near as exciting as GSP is.
GSP is not exciting to me because I know exactly what he's going to do, and it's never fun to watch. It's becoming that way with a lot of Tristar fighters. Askren at least brings something different to the table with his funky style of wrestling, therefore he's more entertaining. Maybe I'll get sick of it after awhile, but right now it's more fresh to watch than a Firas jab-a-thon, especially when you know GSP could do so much more but chooses not to.

GSP is not exciting to me because I know exactly what he's going to do, and it's never fun to watch. It's becoming that way with a lot of Tristar fighters. Askren at least brings something different to the table with his funky style of wrestling, therefore he's more entertaining. Maybe I'll get sick of it after awhile, but right now it's more fresh to watch than a Firas jab-a-thon, especially when you know GSP could do so much more but chooses not to.

Francis Carmont is becoming black GSP in MW. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

In the GSP case, we probably need someone who is able to push him to his contingency plan. Seriously, it is the opponent's job to deal with that. You can't blame a guy for winning the same way in all the fights. It a fighter don;t wanna get the lay and pray treatment, he should probably learn some takedown defenses or aggressive guard.

that's odd.
Didn't Dana say that he was looking for Askren's career?
Then how come now he can't get a title shot?

Because Bjorn is trying to bait Dana into it, if Dana says yes to a title shot askren moves over and win or lose it makes a statement that the best of bellator can match up against the best of the UFC. If Dana says no (which it looks like he has) then he looks like the bad guy for not giving Askren his chance in the UFC, and Bellator win regardless.

In reality this is Bjorn fucking with Askrens career for his own personal gain, at least that's what it looks like to me. It's a smart move by Bjorn but pretty fucking douchey.

Blame GSP's opponents. Condit brought a war and that was the FOTY in 2012. Diaz was content to turtle and wait. GSP fights the smart fight. When someone gives him an auto win he takes it.

I can understand the whole Askren is new so more exciting aspect, just isn't true for me. For me I know Askren wants to wrestle. GSP can beat anyone anywhere, it's interesting seeing exactly what GSP's gameplan is, what he will do, what weakness did he find.

In the GSP case, we probably need someone who is able to push him to his contingency plan. Seriously, it is the opponent's job to deal with that. You can't blame a guy for winning the same way in all the fights. It a fighter don;t wanna get the lay and pray treatment, he should probably learn some takedown defenses or aggressive guard.

GSP has never used lay and pray, and spends more time striking than grappling. Otherwise I agree, for proof see GSP/Condit.

Because Bjorn is trying to bait Dana into it, if Dana says yes to a title shot askren moves over and win or lose it makes a statement that the best of bellator can match up against the best of the UFC. If Dana says no (which it looks like he has) then he looks like the bad guy for not giving Askren his chance in the UFC, and Bellator win regardless.

In reality this is Bjorn fucking with Askrens career for his own personal gain, at least that's what it looks like to me. It's a smart move by Bjorn but pretty fucking douchey.

It is. I already posted where Bjorn said Askren was free to go and Bellator would not try to stop him. Then a month later they start adding demands.

That's fine and dandy if all you care about is the win, but if you want to endear yourself to people and build a fanbase, you need to do something more. GSP doesn't need to concern himself with this. His rise to the top was exciting, and now that he's there and built a fanbase along the way, he can be as boring as shit because he's the best, and being the best trumps all. It's guys like Rory that need to get a clue. That Firas gameplan will ruin your career.

That's fine and dandy if all you care about is the win, but if you want to endear yourself to people and build a fanbase, you need to do something more. GSP doesn't need to concern himself with this. His rise to the top was exciting, and now that he's there and built a fanbase along the way, he can be as boring as shit because he's the best, and being the best trumps all. It's guys like Rory that need to get a clue. That Firas gameplan will ruin your career.

Rory is still young, I think he has all the tools just hasn't put them together yet. He needs to keep evolving though.

Rory is still young, I think he has all the tools just hasn't put them together yet. He needs to keep evolving though.
He was putting them together quite nicely until he hooked up with Zahabi and started becoming less and less aggressive just like Miguel Torres did. Torres said Firas taught him "the importance of the jab." I'm beginning to think that's all he teaches over there. Hopefully JWP lights a fire under their asses and we see something different in their next fights.

As an Askren fan, I'm really getting sick of the Winnebago Man's shit. Let Askren grapple, bro.

Do I have to start one of those stupid ass Twitter rallies? #RallyforAskren?

Um, while your boy is the champ in the second best MMA organization on the planet, the FACT is, he has exactly ZERO top ten wins for fuck sake. I get it - you like how he dominates guys outside of the top ten. Cool. That doesn't earn you a title shot against the greatest WW champion in the history of the fucking sport. And for the record, GSP would tool Askren.

Um, while your boy is the champ in the second best MMA organization on the planet, the FACT is, he has exactly ZERO top ten wins for fuck sake. I get it - you like how he dominates guys outside of the top ten. Cool. That doesn't earn you a title shot against the greatest WW champion in the history of the fucking sport. And for the record, GSP would tool Askren.
You have the UFC confused with Bellator. In the UFC, you earn title fights by losing to Carlos Condit and sitting on the sidelines for a year.

He was putting them together quite nicely until he hooked up with Zahabi and started becoming less and less aggressive just like Miguel Torres did. Torres said Firas taught him "the importance of the jab." I'm beginning to think that's all he teaches over there. Hopefully JWP lights a fire under their asses and we see something different in their next fights.

The Jab is probably the single biggest weapon that fighters don't learn. He was also fighting lesser competition. Condit beat him, and even before the TKO Condit was winning that fight. I think Condit still wins, but Rory would be much more competitive now.

Back