Dana turns down Rebney's offer to let Askren go if he got a title shot

that's odd.
Didn't Dana say that he was looking for Askren's career?
Then how come now he can't get a title shot?

Even Shields who was coming off of a win over Hendo had to have one fight first.

I don't think he's saying he's not interested at all in signing Ben, just that he won't give him and instant title shot.

As an Askren fan, I'm really getting sick of the Winnebago Man's shit. Let Askren grapple, bro.

Do I have to start one of those stupid ass Twitter rallies? #RallyforAskren?

DFW is always a scholar and a gentlemen. A very polite classy individual

He should have accepted it. If GSP beats Hendricks, who's next?

Askren will be in the UFC after the matching period is over.

As an Askren fan, I'm really getting sick of the Winnebago Man's shit. Let Askren grapple, bro.

Do I have to start one of those stupid ass Twitter rallies? #RallyforAskren?

Bro askeren is really boring. He has nothing to offer GSP. I will bet any money that GSP will out grapple him and can KTFO of askew

I agree that Rebney is weird sometimes, he just started in the sport so a couple things to learn when negotiating. :icon_lol:

translation: Rebneys saying "PLEASEEEE HELP ME GET RID OF THIS GUY"

Dana: lolz nope

Keep askren out of the UFC!!

Even Shields who was coming off of a win over Hendo had to have one fight first.

I don't think he's saying he's not interested at all in signing Ben, just that he won't give him and instant title shot.

Come on, son. Don't play this game.
There are PLENTY of people in the UFC that gets unwarranted title shots.
If they wanted, he'd get one.

Dana wins again imo. It is odd he would just let his champ go like that.

Dana's right. Bellator doesn't matter, proven by the fact they're willing to let their champion go.

From Bellator's standpoint, if Askren goes over and get's an immediate title shot, that validates Bellator as a legitimate competitor to the UFC. But if Askren goes over and has to fight his way to the belt, that shows Bellator's title means nothing.

Back