Dana turns down Rebney's offer to let Askren go if he got a title shot

How can you blame Dana being worried about Rebney's negotiation tactics? Not only does he have bad history, but it seems like a lot of people do. Malki Kawa (a respected manager) openly said on the MMA Hour that he flat out won't work with Rebney because of all of the shadiness.

Look at the Alvarez situation for F sake. I would be hesitant as shit if I was him too.

How can you blame Dana being worried about Rebney's negotiation tactics? Not only does he have bad history, but it seems like a lot of people do. Malki Kawa (a respected manager) openly said on the MMA Hour that he flat out won't work with Rebney because of all of the shadiness.

Look at the Alvarez situation for F sake. I would be hesitant as shit if I was him too.

Look at this situation itself

Rebney first said Askren was free to go

Now he can only go if he gets an immediate title shot

Riiiiight

Poor Eddie, who admitted he was having financial issues, hasn't been able to fight in over a year because of the Rebney nonsense.

Because 100 of them were taps when on the ground and not power shots. AKA punches to appear busy to not get stood up. It was LNP.

Lol.

I guess his sub attempts (5) were to appear busy to not get stood up aswell.

Guys in the twilight of their career, versus a guy who is easily top ten in that division and has his whole career ahead of him.

Rebney punked Dana because Dana didnt have the balls.

There's nothing to suggest Askren is top ten in the division on his best day, much less easily.

The UFC needs a brash shit talking WW that can back up his trash talk with victories. Askren fits that bill.

Winner of Condit brown

Certainly not, if Brown wins then maybe, but if Condit wins he just had a fight with GSP and also lost to Hendricks after that

The fights are too fresh to justify Condit getting another shot

Askren hasn't beaten anyone close to UFC welterweight top ten quality, certainly nobody warranting an immediate titleshot against the greatest welterweight champion in the history of the sport

Wow Big surprise here. Taking Bellator's offer would have had 0 upside and so much potential downside for the UFC. If GSP had killed Askren it would have been no big deal but if Askren had managed to win or even steal a round it would have shed some real legitimacy on the Bellator promotion. That's the only reason Belllator was willing to give up one of it's superstars. Dana made the right call from a business stand point as of right now the consensus is Bellator's a joke and he wants it to stay that way. Besides Askren while certainly good IMO wouldn't be able to crack the Top 5 in the UFC.

didn't dana say something like "when ambien can't go to sleep it takes ben askren"?

I admit I am an Askren fan but mostly because I am a Mizzou fan. I do feel bad for the guy, though. Dana is somewhat interested in signing him, just not interested enough to put up with Rebney's BS again. Bellator doesn't really want him as a champ, but wants to use him as a pawn to stick it to Dana. It looks like this BS will mean he has to sit out until the matching clause expires.

I place most of the blame on Rebney in this instance. If you don't want him because he is going to blanket every contender you put up against him, then let him go. Keeping him around just to stick it to Dana is really unfair to Askren.

It's pretty obvious what Dana thinks is happening. If the Bellator CEO is on-board only if the first fight is for a title, that means Askren is being sent to the UFC solely as an attempt to de-legitimize the UFC's WW champ. Hell, even if Askren loses he likely becomes a bigger commodity for Bellator after even one PPV with GSP.

Dana's right, the Bellator CEO offering up their champion is extremely fishy; no reason for him to play along.

GSP needs an easy finish to get the haters off his back, dana should make this fight.

last time GSP finished guys, the haters complained about him not standing more when he did it. Trust me, it's not about finishes

Back