Dana promised the Ronda Rousey Show. (Shes getting her own primetime)

Do you relate well to female fighters because you are essentially the same size as them? I'm actually curious.

Dude you're a major troll and a hateful douchebag. Go somewhere else where people want to listen to you bitch and whine about everything.

Dude you're a major troll and a hateful douchebag. Go somewhere else where people want to listen to you bitch and whine about everything.

tl2_calvinnhobbshug.gif

The problem is that with WMMA as a part of the UFC the women will take up some of the spots on the cards. That means less "regular" MMA overall.

Womens MMA is "regular" mma.

It's fighting.

I don't care if they're females or males, if they can put on exciting fights then I'll watch. Kaufman/Davis 2 and Tate/Kindzie (sp?) were great fights recently for WMMA. Talent in WMMA is growing fast. Maybe get outta your shell and watch some sometime.

It's a good way to promote her and the fight. People are interested in her right now, and the UFC is striking while the iron is hot.

Cant wait to see this card and primetime do big numbers so Sherdog can freak

Agreed! The women held shit down for strikeforce. I don't see how MMA fans aren't going to buy a card that has Hendo vs Machida on it. You'd have to be a little bitch to not order out of princible because "wahh women suck".

it's a great move. both Rousey and Carmouche have interesting backgrounds for a primetime show.

of course it will help...thats the entire point of these primetime shows...promote the fuck out of it...it may not be a blockbuster PPV event but it will certainly outsell cards like UFC 147 or 150...if your goal is to promote WMMA then you dont approach that by hiding the fight on the card, you put it in the forefront headlined by your biggest female MMA star and promote life out of it...you dont pussy foot around it...all the small time promotional tactics was already done for WMMA in SF...its time for the big stage...this is happening and everyone is going to watch it, love it or hate it...nobody will be turning off the TV...stop kidding yourselves...youre not putting your foot down...youre not taking a stand...youre gonna watch hendo v. machida and then youre gonna watch rousey arm bar carmouche...the people who normally buy PPVs will buy it, the people that normally stream will stream it...everyone that watches one way or another will be tuning in...no question about it...

Rousey is being pushed because she is not popular right now. They are promoting her in the hope that she becomes popular. No one is talking about her at the water cooler. There is no mass appeal. She is not going to attract significant numbers of new people to MMA. She has turned off large parts of the MMA audience with her doofus-like ramblings and gross immaturity.

Also, she ain't even hot. You people drooling over her have never nailed a genuinely hot chick before. She's a natural 5 that makes a 6 with every trick in the book (photoshop, clothing, makeup, lighting, idiot fanboy hype, etc.). If you're trying to use sex appeal to make money, Honda is a bad choice. Even the virgin fanboys will notice that she is nothing special after the hype wears off.

Dana's forgetting that woman-mma can be interesting yet will never ever get near the quality of fights between male combatants. Yes ronda has crisp BJJ, yes she looks hot, yes I think she is a great athlete. Do I want to watch her? No, because I dislike women beating the shit out of each other. It's like watchings two midgets fight, yes it can be entertaining and from a certain perspective it's surely competitive. But do I wanna watch it? no. I think I'll skip the ronda ppv^^, no thanks, not interested.

I dont know for sure me myself is not as interested but that's just me.

Dana is in the middle of loading the gun that'll in turn shoot him in the foot.

Nailed it sir.

The first fight will prove alot of things about WMMA. It has no depth,lack's of skill and its boring cause its 2 chicks going at it.

Truth is,its not the worst thing in the world,but it shouldnt even be in a co-main event.

This show is going to fail horribly. Even if she remains unbeaten in the near future this shit kite will never fly. Rousey is certainly talented and not a bad looking woman but she isn't nearly as sexy as Dana or she thinks she is. There are a lot more attractive women out there and while they all can't break your arm, there are only so many times people are going to listen to her talk about how much sex she has before a fight, etc, etc. People have something called the internet now. She can prostitute herself all she wants and dole out moral advice all day and talk about her sex life all day and no one will give a damn. It won't last 5 minutes.

Dana White's judgement is off.

This!

Back