Dana promised the Ronda Rousey Show. (Shes getting her own primetime)

People don't want to pay to watch girls MMA. You can advertise it all you want.

Is there a market for it sure. But hardocre MMA fans don't wan't to pay the same for a PPV with girls as they would for a PPV with men.

Just like there is a market for women's NBA. That shit ain't on during prime time though.

You see women's softball getting the same airtime as baseball? Look how long that shit's been on T.V.

Guys aren't paying the same PPV dollar to see one of the five fights replaced by girls just like they don't want to see one of the five fights replaced by 125, 135, and 145 pound boys that we used to watch for free on the bankrupt WEC.

Tennis?

Dana should advertise on Lifetime and Food Network. I'm being serious.

Confessions of a Kimbo FAN...

y u no kimbow?

I have to say, I think you are one hundred percent correct.

You should get double yellows.

Your argument is silly.

She's not running for office. There won't be a moment in a debate when she blows it and loses her chance at the Presidency.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Fuel TV. Which means the vast majority of households will be spared from it.

Dana should advertise on Lifetime and Food Network. I'm being serious.

I understand your point but I don't know if that will sell do to some of the audience. I think it would be better to target popular shows to put ads like American Idol or The Voice? You need a younger demo and woman I don't know how many 20 something watch Lifetime and maybe even the food network? Also maybe get Ronda on a popular radio program that has a large female demo like Ryan Seacrest or someone like him? I think a lot of woman would love watching her fight for the first time?

What do you mean?

he is trying to push a potential star, he thinks he can make money and this can help the UFC and the sport because Ronda is pretty, unbeaten, a killer in the cage, can hype fights and she can get media normal mma fighters cant.

She can get more of the TMZ, ESPN, late night talk show media that alot of male fighters cant/dont get.

She can be a star so he is gonna push her. I know everyone makes jokes Dana is screwing her thats why she is in teh UFC which is a lame joke, she can be a potential money maker for him and the company so he is gonna push it like he does the mens div.
I think some people are ignoring this aspect. It is not Dana White that is pushing her, Rousey has had a lot more media attention than other MMA fighters even when he said women will never be in the UFC. It is her popularity that changed that changed his stance.

In terms of looking strictly at viewership, she did good ratings on Showtime, so it's not as if Rousey is unproven in that area either. PPV might be another matter, but the same would hold true for all but a few UFC fighters. I would be surprised if this actually ends up worse than the reported figures for Henderson vs. Edgar II or even Noguiera vs. Velaszquez.

Have you ever heard Ronda speak? Follow her radio work, media questionnaires?

I mean this, and I don't want to get double yellow for bashing a fighter but, she sounds very, very uneducated. Her mannerisms are boyish and really dull, she says "UGHHHH" a lot and often appears clueless and flabbergasted that people even care enough to give her the time of day.

She is being forced through doors that quite frankly are way, way too big for her. The shoes she's going to be expected to fill will be her undoing. They are rushing Ronda into the media and spotlight far too soon, she's not prepared for this mentally or even emotionally.
Given the response she has gotten, I think you are in the minority. I didn't watch her appearance on Rome, but listening to his radio show afterwards, Jim Rome and seemingly a lot of his listenership appeared to be very impressed. Her constant media appearances would suggest most people are.

I understand your point but I don't know if that will sell do to some of the audience. I think it would be better to target popular shows to put ads like American Idol or The Voice? You need a younger demo and woman I don't know how many 20 something watch Lifetime and maybe even the food network? Also maybe get Ronda on a popular radio program that has a large female demo like Ryan Seacrest or someone like him? I think a lot of woman would love watching her fight for the first time?

20 something women love the food network. The goal is to explore new demographics. Maybe women don't like any type of fighting. But Dana will never know if he doesn't test it.

20 something women love the food network. The goal is to explore new demographics. Maybe women don't like any type of fighting. But Dana will never know if he doesn't test it.

Hey Hey Hey! I watch the food network!

Her constant media appearances would suggest most people are.

Such a bullshit statement.

By this logic, you could also make the statement that her headlining the UFC 157 would also suggest that people love and revere her as an MMA legend. Get off of your fake ass soapbox man, the only reason you're seeing Ronda is because UFC / Dana is shoving it down everyone's throats. It has nothing to do with her fame, performances or selling value (or severe lack-there-of).

I wonder if Dana wears flip flops...

everything would make sense if he is in love with Ronda.

Such a bullshit statement.

By this logic, you could also make the statement that her headlining the UFC 157 would also suggest that people love and revere her as an MMA legend. Get off of your fake ass soapbox man, the only reason you're seeing Ronda is being UFC / Dana is shoving it down everyone's throats. It has nothing to do with her fame, or severe lack-there-of.
She is headlining a card because she is a title holder, but she probably put on a PPV card instead of free TV due to her popularity so far. People complain about Henderson vs. Machida not being the headliner yet look at Henderson and Rousey on the same network. Even with only a bit of media attention and one main card Strikeforce fight prior for Rousey, Rousey vs. Kaufman had a peak viewership that was around 35-40% more than Henderson vs. Feijao. That was despite Strikeforce being basically dead at that point.

Being an MMA legend is irrelevant to actual popularity and PPV buys. Shogun vs. Henderson was a fight between "MMA legends" yet it had an average or arguably even poor attendance and PPV ratings.

Cant wait to see this card and primetime do big numbers so Sherdog can freak

Cant wait to see this card and primetime do big numbers so Sherdog can freak

Do you relate well to female fighters because you are essentially the same size as them? I'm actually curious.

She is headlining a card because she is a title holder.

You are so desperate for a point to validate Ronda it's pathetic. First you insinuate she's getting this PT slot because she's so popular that the people demand it?

Now you're saying she's getting the UFC 157 Main Event slot because of her popularity as well? And she's a "title holder" in the sense that I'd be a "title holder" as well if the UFC created a division for me out of thin air and gifted me a belt.

Back