Dana promised the Ronda Rousey Show. (Shes getting her own primetime)

Well that will certainly help things.

This Dana guy seems to be pushing women's mma a bit too aggressively

What do you mean?

he is trying to push a potential star, he thinks he can make money and this can help the UFC and the sport because Ronda is pretty, unbeaten, a killer in the cage, can hype fights and she can get media normal mma fighters cant.

She can get more of the TMZ, ESPN, late night talk show media that alot of male fighters cant/dont get.

She can be a star so he is gonna push her. I know everyone makes jokes Dana is screwing her thats why she is in teh UFC which is a lame joke, she can be a potential money maker for him and the company so he is gonna push it like he does the mens div.

Dana is in the middle of loading the gun that'll in turn shoot him in the foot.

He's shoving this shit down everyones throat. I won't be ordering this but I don't want to miss Hendo vs Machida. Oh well...

He's shoving this shit down everyones throat. I won't be ordering this but I don't want to miss Hendo vs Machida. Oh well...

Dana White is encouraging piracy like never before and he doesn't even realize it.

Dana can try as much as he can, it will not work.

I bet it will be the lowest rated prime time ever.

I bet it will be the lowest rated prime time ever.

Have you ever heard Ronda speak? Follow her radio work, media questionnaires?

I mean this, and I don't want to get double yellow for bashing a fighter but, she sounds very, very uneducated. Her mannerisms are boyish and really dull, she says "UGHHHH" a lot and often appears clueless and flabbergasted that people even care enough to give her the time of day.

She is being forced through doors that quite frankly are way, way too big for her. The shoes she's going to be expected to fill will be her undoing. They are rushing Ronda into the media and spotlight far too soon, she's not prepared for this mentally or even emotionally.

I mean this, and I don't want to get double yellow for bashing a fighter but, she sounds very, very uneducated. Her mannerisms are boyish and really dull, she says "UGHHHH" a lot and often appears clueless and flabbergasted that people even care enough to give her the time of day.

She is being forced through doors that quite frankly are way, way too big for her. The shoes she's going to be expected to fill will be her undoing. They are rushing Ronda into the media and spotlight far too soon, she's not prepared for this mentally or even emotionally.

100%. Its the reason shes always talking about sexy before fights and getting press for it... its something people want to hear. Unfortunately sex can only sell fights for so long.

You guys don't get it, Dana doesn't care if WMMA succeeds, he just wants Ronda to bring in a ton of new eyes to the sport and hope that they catch on to MMA as a whole, more eyes means more dollars, simple concept really.

This show is going to fail horribly. Even if she remains unbeaten in the near future this shit kite will never fly. Rousey is certainly talented and not a bad looking woman but she isn't nearly as sexy as Dana or she thinks she is. There are a lot more attractive women out there and while they all can't break your arm, there are only so many times people are going to listen to her talk about how much sex she has before a fight, etc, etc. People have something called the internet now. She can prostitute herself all she wants and dole out moral advice all day and talk about her sex life all day and no one will give a damn. It won't last 5 minutes.

Dana White's judgement is off.

You guys don't get it, Dana doesn't care if WMMA succeeds, he just wants Ronda to bring in a ton of new eyes to the sport and hope that they catch on to MMA as a whole, more eyes means more dollars, simple concept really.

Kimbo brought in 7 million viewers? Where are those 7 million viewers now??

I have to say, I think you are one hundred percent correct.

You should get double yellows.

Your argument is silly.

She's not running for office. There won't be a moment in a debate when she blows it and loses her chance at the Presidency.

People don't want to pay to watch girls MMA. You can advertise it all you want.

Is there a market for it sure. But hardocre MMA fans don't wan't to pay the same for a PPV with girls as they would for a PPV with men.

Just like there is a market for women's NBA. That shit ain't on during prime time though.

You see women's softball getting the same airtime as baseball? Look how long that shit's been on T.V.

Guys aren't paying the same PPV dollar to see one of the five fights replaced by girls just like they don't want to see one of the five fights replaced by 125, 135, and 145 pound boys that we used to watch for free on the bankrupt WEC.

Back