Dana promised the Ronda Rousey Show. (Shes getting her own primetime)

This Dana guy seems to be pushing women's mma a bit too aggressively

He doesn't want to marry a poor girl.

When they divorce, she wont even have to ask for anything. She will already be too rich for her own good.

I think some people are ignoring this aspect. It is not Dana White that is pushing her, Rousey has had a lot more media attention than other MMA fighters even when he said women will never be in the UFC. It is her popularity that changed that changed his stance.

In terms of looking strictly at viewership, she did good ratings on Showtime, so it's not as if Rousey is unproven in that area either. PPV might be another matter, but the same would hold true for all but a few UFC fighters. I would be surprised if this actually ends up worse than the reported figures for Henderson vs. Edgar II or even Noguiera vs. Velaszquez.

Given the response she has gotten, I think you are in the minority. I didn't watch her appearance on Rome, but listening to his radio show afterwards, Jim Rome and seemingly a lot of his listenership appeared to be very impressed. Her constant media appearances would suggest most people are.

Where do people get the idea that Ronda pulls good numbers? Ronda vs Kauffman averaged 529,000 viewers, Ronda vs Tate averaged 470,000 viewers. The last UFC prelims averaged 1.4 million viewers... The guys who can't even make the main card of a UFC PPV pull 3x the amount of viewers as a Ronda event... and the last prelims only drew the 4th highest views this year. I get FX and Showtime are different channels but like 3x more is still a lot more views

Do you relate well to female fighters because you are essentially the same size as them? I'm actually curious.

I relate to all fighters because I love the sport.

Was heartbroken when JDS lost and he is massive

You are so desperate for a point to validate Ronda it's pathetic. First you insinuate she's getting this PT slot because she's so popular that the people demand it?

Now you're saying she's getting the UFC 157 Main Event slot because of her popularity as well? And she's a "title holder" in the sense that I'd be a "title holder" as well if the UFC created a division for me out of thin air and gifted me a belt.

They did that for Aldo and nobody screamed as loud as you're screaming. One of the few occurrence where a fighter wearing a suit got awarded a belt:

jose-aldo-ufc-123-belt-450.jpg

Last edited:
I wish Dana put up this much effort for other champs.

Where do people get the idea that Ronda pulls good numbers? Ronda vs Kauffman averaged 529,000 viewers, Ronda vs Tate averaged 470,000 viewers. The last UFC prelims averaged 1.4 million viewers... The guys who can't even make the main card of a UFC PPV pull 3x the amount of viewers as a Ronda event... and the last prelims only drew the 4th highest views this year. I get FX and Showtime are different channels but like 3x more is still a lot more views

Showtime is in a fraction of the homes that FX is in.

You mean...they're going to promote a title fight by showcasing it on a UFC Primetime??!!

What is this world of ours coming to?!

If this offends, or surprises you in any way...you're hopeless.

They did that for Aldo and nobody screamed has loud as you're screaming. One of the few occurrence where a fighter wearing a suit got awarded a belt:

Cant wait to see him fight Edgar!

They did that for Aldo and nobody screamed has loud as you're screaming. One of the few occurrence where a fighter wearing a suit got awarded a belt:

No they fucking didn't, are you a mentalist?

Aldo was in a huge, deep, established division that had many MMA vets and rankings with credible fighters. In fact, when Aldo came over, nearly the entire division followed. By the time Aldo had his first fight in the UFC, there was "many names in the UFC" of people he'd already beaten. Do you even fucking comprehend this? Do you have any idea how far away what happened to Ronda, and what happened to Aldo are? They are completely unrelated, and it's one of the most shameless arguments when I hear people say Ronda and Aldo in the same sentence.

EDIT: Not to mention Aldo was a multiple time defending champion in one of the hardest and most respected divisions in SF. He had a huge list of contenders waiting for a shot at his belt upon arriving in the UFC.

For Ronda, let's see, her division in the UFC has how many people in it? Two? LOL, fucks sake. The girl she is fighting against (Liz) has said in public she knows it's a joke and they are only bringing her in to lose. She knows she's not a contender, she knows the fight is a mockery and she's just there to pick up a paycheck.

No they fucking didn't, are you a mentalist?

Aldo was in a huge, deep, established division that had many MMA vets and rankings with credible fighters. In fact, when Aldo came over, nearly the entire division followed. By the time Aldo had his first fight in the UFC, there was "many names in the UFC" of people he'd already beaten. Do you even fucking comprehend this? Do you have any idea how far away what happened to Ronda, and what happened to Aldo are? They are completely unrelated, and it's one of the most shameless arguments when I hear people say Ronda and Aldo in the same sentence.

the hate of Ronda is strong in this one. even going as far as being a hypocrite and coming off silly.

its okay for aldo to be granted championship
but not for rousy?
did your GF cheat on you?

What do I think? Considering she's a champion I don't see why she shouldn't get a prime time show like the other champions and contenders have.

What do I think? Considering she's a champion I don't see why she shouldn't get a prime time show like the other champions and contenders have.

They only use primetime for big fights. This is not a big fight. It's a one round slaughter. If it was against Cyborg I would be hyped.

the hate of Ronda is strong in this one. even going as far as being a hypocrite and coming off silly.

its okay for aldo to be granted championship
but not for rousy?
did your GF cheat on you?

No one granted Aldo shit. He's been fighting professionally since 2004 and has been a title holder for almost half a decade. The entire division (many of which he'd already beaten) followed him to the UFC. They didn't have to "create contenders" for him or make a mockery out of the UFC by fabricating a non-existent division.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No one granted Aldo shit. He's been fighting professionally since 2004 and has been a title holder for almost half a decade. The entire division (many of which he'd already beaten) followed him to the UFC. They didn't have to "create contenders" for him or make a mockery out of the UFC by fabricating a non-existent division.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

you're bringing in things that don't matter.
they were both champions of divisions that are being brought over (potentially). who do you purpose takes the UFC belt if its not Ronda? at the time of SF falling she was THEIR champion just like Alodo. so deal with it and get Hendo vs Machida nuts out of your mouth.

Back