Dana open to idea of Cyborg in the UFC

Doubt he really wants cyborg in the ufc.

He's trying to legitimize the rousey/carano fight.... so it's obvious he doesn't want the current champ to fight the best fighter out there.

I'm not so sure Cyborg is the lock to win this fight that she was 2 years ago, Ronda has improved, and had the benefit of great coaching and training for the last couple years, while Cyborg isn't getting any younger...I'll go as far as to say Ronda would beat Cyborg at this point in time...I'm no Ronda *****hugger either, just think she has made the improvements necessary to get the win.

He always has been, it's just the shithead trolls on this forum wanting to make it sound like he was protecting Ronda.

He wont say never, but I will for him. Until Rousey retires or leaves, Cyborg will never be in the UFC. The UFC knows what type of female they need to be champion and it isn't Cyborg; there is a reason Rousey sells...sex sells.

Like this guy, already trying to rationalize it against all facts. Annoying little facts like Cyborg opting out of her UFC contract she already had. It doesn't serve his purpose, so let's just forget that that happened and pretend Ronda needs protecting from a fighter she would beat.

I'm no Ronda *****hugger either, just think she has made the improvements necessary to get the win.

Nothing wrong with stating the obvious. Ronda has been improving and Cyborg hasn't. Ronda is the more skilled fighter at this point and Cyborg is still the same brawler that runs forward swinging wildly until something lands.

How unfortunate for you that a pretty woman can never be anything more than a pretty woman. Completely blind to the fact Ronda is a beast of a fighter who has dedicated her entire life to the martial arts.

Yep, it's all about the s..e..x...for you.

Lottta that on Sherdog.

Just fucking sign her already, my God.. if she fails a drug test, she fails. Whatever.

That didn't stop them from signing Barnett and a lot of other fighters despite their past drug tests, and it's a shitty argument to not sign someone.

She was signed, remember? When it became clear the UFC expected her to fight at 135, she left, because she had no intention of fighting at 135. For all the bitching, the actions of both sides have been fairly reasonable.

If Cyborg makes 135, she will be on the UFC roster fairly quickly. If she never drops weight, she will never be signed.

Source:http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/ufc-bo...als-with-carano-holm-wont-say-never-on-cyborg

Ronda should just give her title to Cyborg now. I have a feeling Ronda-Cyborg would look a lot like Brown-Silva, with the nationalities reversed.

Watched the video of it, and he is talking more about Gina and Holly Holm. I think Dana just realized everyone is sick of him making stupid choices (Askren) so he had to at least make it sound like he is open minded to things people want to see. I doubt he has any intention of bringing Cyborg in. Maybe if Rousey wins her next fight, then Gina (*rolls eyes*) and Holly, if they haven't developed their own female MMA star yet (they won't) they will have to resort to Cupcake 3, Random hot girl who isn't very good, or Cyborg. Ronda likely retires before taking the fight anyways though; as I get the feeling she will bail on this sport if she can get decent hollywood money.

Watched the video of it, and he is talking more about Gina and Holly Holm. I think Dana just realized everyone is sick of him making stupid choices (Askren) so he had to at least make it sound like he is open minded to things people want to see. I doubt he has any intention of bringing Cyborg in. Maybe if Rousey wins her next fight, then Gina (*rolls eyes*) and Holly, if they haven't developed their own female MMA star yet (they won't) they will have to resort to Cupcake 3, Random hot girl who isn't very good, or Cyborg. Ronda likely retires before taking the fight anyways though; as I get the feeling she will bail on this sport if she can get decent hollywood money.

Why did he try to sign Cyborg in the first place then? She was much more of a threat a year ago than she is now. Your logic is flawed. More than anything, Dana is probably sick of all the talk about signing a fighter that's in another organization in a weight class that doesn't exist in the UFC.

If people look at the situation without biases they will see the UFC tried to keep Cyborg but she left because she wanted to. Now she's having regrets because wmma has gotten more popular than it ever has been. I remember when she bolted for Invicta and was still talking trash and Dana simply said she'll get down to 135 and come to the UFC or she can fight somewhere else and be irrelevant. Turned out to be true.

Don't really care. Dana laid out everything that's in the way of Cyborg being in the UFC. Not one thing besides her past steroid use is out of her control. So when he says he won't say "never" he's clearly talking about Cyborg doing what it takes to get in the UFC.

And that's great that Cyborg wants to win the title in Invicta but there's no reason at all to sign her if she just wants to sign a 2 fight contract in the UFC. What would happen to the division if Cyborg won the title and then moved back up to 145? Dana isn't going to risk everything they've done to bring wmma back from the dead just so Cyborg can have some brief relevance again. If she wants to stay at 135 and continue to fight in the UFC then that's a different story.

Also, let's look at the other women in the 135 division. I don't see any of them beating Cyborg besides Ronda. So you're going to have 2 fighters in the same division beating up everyone else and making it look easy. What are they going to do, have a title fight every other month because one of them is always going to be the top contender.

But yea, I want to see Cyborg in the UFC. I want Holm and Carano too. Or make a 145 division, though there isn't enough talent to speak of.

Stopped reading after, "don't really care". If you dont have an argument admit it.

Like i said, I didn't read the article but you're right what the Ts actually wrote doesn't match the thread title.

My bad, I thought you were para phrasing, as in I (benoit) didn't read the article.

I'm both cynical and paranoid.

If she stopped juicing, had a fight at 135, and put a little effort into her appearance, UFC would sign her. So far she has done none of those things so I have no pity for her

Ronda breaks Cyborg's arm.

Yes. Let her in. Only two Ronda fights I wish to see.

1. McMann Vs Ronda II
2. Cyborg VS Doesn't matter cause you are fucked.

Yes. Let her in. Only two Ronda fights I wish to see.

1. McMann Vs Ronda II
2. Cyborg VS Doesn't matter cause you are fucked.

I think it is far from clear how much success Cyborg would have at 135. For her to make 135, she will have to drop a lot of muscle, which is why I think she is loathe to do it. Her style seems predicated on overpowering smaller opponents. It is really fun to watch, but it may not translate to bantamweight well. She will be much closer in size to her opponents at 135.

I think it is far from clear how much success Cyborg would have at 135. For her to make 135, she will have to drop a lot of muscle, which is why I think she is loathe to do it. Her style seems predicated on overpowering smaller opponents. It is really fun to watch, but it may not translate to bantamweight well. She will be much closer in size to her opponents at 135.

Agreed. And, I'm never really serious in a Wmma discussion. Only time will tell. I just like the idea of someone whooping Ronda.

How is she going to be closer in size to women at 135? She will be much bigger than anyone she fights at 135. She might have less muscle but that doesmt make her smaller. Is JJ bigger than Rampage? Is he bigger than Rashad? Both have more muscle mass than JJ.

How is she going to be closer in size to women at 135? She will be much bigger than anyone she fights at 135. She might have less muscle but that doesmt make her smaller. Is JJ bigger than Rampage? Is he bigger than Rashad? Both have more muscle mass than JJ.

Most of the women fighting at 145 are not cutting much weight to make FW. They are smaller for their weight class than the average 135er. So a large FW enjoys more of a size advantage over the average FW than a large BW does over an average BW.

What is this the spanish inquisition?
The whole, "i will die trying to make 135" is almost two years old and she has since changed her tune. Also, as i already posted in this thread Cyborg plans to fight at 135, then fight for the belt, then fight Ronda in a champ vs champ fight. Seriously, i was talking about before the Holm and Carano questions.

She may have changed her tune, but she has not yet fought at 135. That is what Zuffa is waiting for. If that goes well, they will contact her and encourage her to keep it up for 2 more fights, then they will sit down and negotiate a contract to fight in the UFC.

I really don't want to see Cyborg at 135.

I really wish she would not have gotten busted so we could have seen this fight at 145 when they were both still in Strikeforce and they had both those divisions. I may not like Cyborg, but I don't like the idea of a woman of her size cutting down that far just to get paid.

Back