Dana open to idea of Cyborg in the UFC

Does not seem like a change of opinion to me. If she continues to ask for a catch weight fight against the champion she won't be in the UFC.

ever since Ronda started trashing TUF, hes been open to the idea of Cyborg

Wouldn't put it past him to see that Ronda is slowing transitioning out of MMA and decided he needed another potential dominant champion waiting in the wings. If he puts Ronda and Cyborg together too soon then one comes away tarnished.

Basically Dana said Holm and Carano are just a matter of working out contracts. Cyborg has other issues like her idiot managers and actually cutting the 10 lbs that she said would kill her dead. And not to mention her past steroid use. So a lot more baggage and distrust when it comes to Cyborg. From what Dana said though, the opportunity is there if she wants it bad enough. Or she can keep running her mouth and doing nothing to back it up.

Your info needs an update lol.
Why don't you actually read and learn about what you are writing?

Does not seem like a change of opinion to me. If she continues to ask for a catch weight fight against the champion she won't be in the UFC.

The last article i read was that Cyborgs long term plan was to fight at 135, then fight for INVICTA 135 belt, then fight Rousey in a champ vs champ fight. I would post article but you guys are spoiled enough. Look it up.

Lol Dana isn't open to anything, he just said that so he doesn't have to hear it. You can tell he wanted Gina/Holm but wants nothing to do with Cyborg. With good reason.

Basically Dana said Holm and Carano are just a matter of working out contracts. Cyborg has other issues like her idiot managers and actually cutting the 10 lbs that she said would kill her dead. And not to mention her past steroid use. So a lot more baggage and distrust when it comes to Cyborg. From what Dana said though, the opportunity is there if she wants it bad enough. Or she can keep running her mouth and doing nothing to back it up.

Your info needs an update lol.
Why don't you actually read and learn about what you are writing?

DANA:

Won't completely rule out and open to are completely 2 different things

No two expressions are identical; otherwise, there'd be no need for both. However, in the given context, given that Dana had previously said Cyborg was not ever going to fight in the UFC, "won't completely rule" out implies "open to".

I know my yellow journalism and I've possibly even engaged in yellow journalism before, but this thread title is no example of yellow journalism. No sir.

Just fucking sign her already, my God.. if she fails a drug test, she fails. Whatever.

That didn't stop them from signing Barnett and a lot of other fighters despite their past drug tests, and it's a shitty argument to not sign someone.

Damn straight. The problem is, the Egg of Greed doesn't want to risk his self proclaimed cash cow losing the belt to Cyborg, because he knows he can't promote Cyborg like he can Rousey. That is why I don't expect Cris to ever compete in the UFC again...or at least until Ronda retires to do movies full time.

What is this the spanish inquisition?
The whole, "i will die trying to make 135" is almost two years old and she has since changed her tune. Also, as i already posted in this thread Cyborg plans to fight at 135, then fight for the belt, then fight Ronda in a champ vs champ fight. Seriously, i was talking about before the Holm and Carano questions.

Don't really care. Dana laid out everything that's in the way of Cyborg being in the UFC. Not one thing besides her past steroid use is out of her control. So when he says he won't say "never" he's clearly talking about Cyborg doing what it takes to get in the UFC.

And that's great that Cyborg wants to win the title in Invicta but there's no reason at all to sign her if she just wants to sign a 2 fight contract in the UFC. What would happen to the division if Cyborg won the title and then moved back up to 145? Dana isn't going to risk everything they've done to bring wmma back from the dead just so Cyborg can have some brief relevance again. If she wants to stay at 135 and continue to fight in the UFC then that's a different story.

Also, let's look at the other women in the 135 division. I don't see any of them beating Cyborg besides Ronda. So you're going to have 2 fighters in the same division beating up everyone else and making it look easy. What are they going to do, have a title fight every other month because one of them is always going to be the top contender.

But yea, I want to see Cyborg in the UFC. I want Holm and Carano too. Or make a 145 division, though there isn't enough talent to speak of.

He wont say never, but I will for him. Until Rousey retires or leaves, Cyborg will never be in the UFC. The UFC knows what type of female they need to be champion and it isn't Cyborg; there is a reason Rousey sells...sex sells.

He wont say never, but I will for him. Until Rousey retires or leaves, Cyborg will never be in the UFC. The UFC knows what type of female they need to be champion and it isn't Cyborg; there is a reason Rousey sells...sex sells.

Thanks bro. I'm glad someone could clear the air for us, finally.

Cage917r

How unfortunate for you that a pretty woman can never be anything more than a pretty woman. Completely blind to the fact Ronda is a beast of a fighter who has dedicated her entire life to the martial arts.

Yep, it's all about the s..e..x...for you.

Back