News Dana on the LW picture: I'm giving Khabib time to think it over, we're going to meet soon

Dana said this at the post fight presser with a smile on his face. Ali also mentioned in his espn interview that Khabib is flying to the US to talk to Dana

This meeting should let us there will be a vacant title soon anyway. Khabib's chance to say he has no intention to come back, but of course dana could continue to be stubborn

video(timestamp):

Dana looking like Thanos there...

Seems like he does not want Khabib to retired undefeated.

I think Islam is part of the equation, even days before he announced his retirement Khabib was saying he'd fight Tony or Chandler if they can beat Islam - and I doubt he would go back on his word if they agreed to fight Islam and happened to win.

Islam is practically family to them and even Khabib's mother likely saw no future interesting fights for Khabib since everyone has either lost to Khabib or ducked Islam.
I dont understand, what have one fight have to do with Islam? I Iike Islam a lot but at this rate Islam will be fighting for the titel next year inshallah if hes healthy.

Khabib was emotional in the Octogan after the win, he just lost his father. He did not even have time to griefe properly and now he will have time. He will come to realisation to fight and honor his father wish. He will dust of his papakha and go for 30-0 and be the only fighter to have defend the LW belt 4 times.

I dont understand, what have one fight have to do with Islam? I Iike Islam a lot but at this rate Islam will be fighting for the titel next year inshallah if hes healthy.

Khabib was emotional in the Octogan after the win, he just lost his father. He did not even have time to griefe properly and now he will have time. He will come to realisation to fight and honor his father wish. He will dust of his papakha and go for 30-0 and be the only fighter to have defend the LW belt 4 times.
Because he can apply pressure for Dana to push islam. If khabib is done, dana doesn't care about islam that's just the truth. Khabib holds the leverage. That's the one reason why he's giving Dana the professional courtesy of taking his time before coming to a decision. He has the leverage.

Islam has to get a couple of fights booked, win or lose a few for khabib to consider imo, he said islam will be champion in 2021. He's not going to derail that. Islam is about to be 30.

The man said he promised his mom he wouldn't fight anymore without his father and this jackass is still pressing the issue?

Fuck this guy.

The man said he promised his mom he wouldn't fight anymore without his father and this jackass is still pressing the issue?

Fuck this guy.
Business. Never personal. Business can be cruel, but its never personal.

-Conor about Poirier

It applies here too.

Dana needs to stop with the bullshit and do everything he can to make the fight with GSP happen. It's the only one Khabib would seriously consider.

Dana coming off extra THIRSTY here... if it ain’t GSP then I’m not interested. There isn’t a single LW left worth Khabibs time.

<31>

WHY DO YOU WRITE IN BOLD

Dana needs to stop with the bullshit and do everything he can to make the fight with GSP happen. It's the only one Khabib would seriously consider.
Again, he said he'd be willing. It's GSP that's playing the games. GSP told chael after khabib retired, he never had plans to come down to 155. Khabib mentioned a catchweight late before his fight but already knew he was retiring lol

Because he can apply pressure for Dana to push islam. If khabib is done, dana doesn't care about islam that's just the truth. Khabib holds the leverage. That's the one reason why he's giving Dana the professional courtesy of taking his time before coming to a decision. He has the leverage.

Islam has to get a couple of fights booked, win or lose a few for khabib to consider imo, he said islam will be champion in 2021. He's not going to derail that. Islam is about to be 30.
Yes and thats why Khabib will probably fight in April like he always does. Islam needs 2-3 more fights, he can do it.

Khabib fought Barboza,Iaquinta and Conor inside 10 month. Islam needs to be active now if he wants to fight for the titel.

Why the hell do any of you want him to fight Conor again? It’s not going to go any different

Yes and thats why Khabib will probably fight in April like he always does. Islam needs 2-3 more fights, he can do it.

Khabib fought Barboza,Iaquinta and Conor inside 10 month. Islam needs to be active now if he wants to fight for the titel.
if we see khabib fight again, I don't think he fights before fall. Sep/Oct Just like the last two times. It will be in the UAE again, unless specified somewhere else, imo. Islam last time I heard wants to fight in feb. Its possible feb than maybe April if he really wants to push it

The leverage right now is sitting out. Is islam wins against two top 10s, one being lower top 10 and possibly a top 5, how can the ufc deny him a title shot? Hell, khabib might stipulate, I'll come back if islam gets the next title shot when I vacate. I don't know how likely it is he comes back. I just think it depends on the success or failure of islam. Going either way to making him come back. If islam is progressing and getting hype, he may come back defend than leave. If islam isn't progressing, he may stipulate islam gets a top 5 opponent on His title card then he will come back. If islam suffers a setback and its clear he has ways to go to a title shot(losing twice in a row or something like that), he may come back

I think it just all depends how he handles Islam's run imo

Again, he said he'd be willing. It's GSP that's playing the games. GSP told chael after khabib retired, he never had plans to come down to 155. Khabib mentioned a catchweight late before his fight but already knew he was retiring lol

Yeah, but since GSP is adamant about catchweight, that's where it would have to happen. If Khabib still had multiple fights left, I could understand him not wanting to do it, but if this is literally his last fight ever, why not? If it's the only way to make it happen, then Khabib should go for it. And so should Dana.

Yeah, but since GSP is adamant about catchweight, that's where it would have to happen.
Why? GSP wants to make it at a weight they're both uncomfortable at. Khabib is comfortable at 155 and is the champion and undefeated Fighter.

I think it makes better sense for it to be for gold. Ups the ante

if we see khabib fight again, I don't think he fights before fall. Sep/Oct Just like the last two times. It will be in the UAE again, unless specified somewhere else, imo. Islam last time I heard wants to fight in feb. Its possible feb than maybe April if he really wants to push it

The leverage right now is sitting out. Is islam wins against two top 10s, one being lower top 10 and possibly a top 5, how can the ufc deny him a title shot? Hell, khabib might stipulate, I'll come back if islam gets the next title shot when I vacate. I don't know how likely it is he comes back. I just think it depends on the success or failure of islam. Going either way to making him come back. If islam is progressing and getting hype, he may come back defend than leave. If islam isn't progressing, he may stipulate islam gets a top 5 opponent on His title card then he will come back. If islam suffers a setback and its clear he has ways to go to a title shot(losing twice in a row or something like that), he may come back

I think it just all depends how he handles Islam's run imo
Honestly i still think whatever happends to Makhachaev Khabib will still fight.

It all depends on how far we have come with the Covid situation in april to see where Khabib fights. Im pretty sure you're a lot more educated in that field then me. If i have to bet, Its either Brooklyn or fight Island, i go with fight island.

Honestly i still think whatever happends to Makhachaev Khabib will still fight.

It all depends on how far we have come with the Covid situation in april to see where Khabib fights. Im pretty sure you're a lot more educated in that field then me. If i have to bet, Its either Brooklyn or fight Island, i go with fight island.
Brooklyn is very russian heavy. Maybe Khabib can swing it to russia if dana is that desperate. Abdulmanap has said Khabib's 30th fight should be in moscow.

I want so badly for there to be a Conor rematch and for Conor to win. All you suck up bitches of Khabib will cry about it.
tenor (3).gif
Dont really see anything different from last time... ahh load garglers have such a short memory
Just to remind you ...tappity tap tap

This has nothing to do with Islam, Khabib only have one fight left. God knows when Islam gets a ranked opponent. Never forget when Rogan put a video of Gaethje training and Khabib put a comment on Rogans IG" Gaethje October, GSP april". This was after Khabibs father passed away.

Khabib will fight mark my word. Khabib is a competitor, its in his blood. I dont think it will be GSP, its Conor or Ferguson.
Wait. I didn't see this. You think he fights Conor again? For what reason?

Back