News Dana on the LW picture: I'm giving Khabib time to think it over, we're going to meet soon

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dana said this at the post fight presser with a smile on his face. Ali also mentioned in his espn interview that Khabib is flying to the US to talk to Dana

This meeting should let us there will be a vacant title soon anyway. Khabib's chance to say he has no intention to come back, but of course dana could continue to be stubborn

video(timestamp):

Last edited:
Khabib will fight one more time, just like when people thought Khabib would retire after his father passed away. He came back and fought Gaethje to honor his father, now he will honor his father wish to go 30-0.

Dana might just go and ask Khabib's mom's permission directly and get it done. People here only ever hate Dana but never really appreciate the work he puts into his job. The only time where he really failed miserably was making the Fedor deal done but I believe even there it was mostly due to Vadim's greediness.

Dana coming off extra THIRSTY here... if it ain’t GSP then I’m not interested. There isn’t a single LW left worth Khabibs time.

<31>
While I mostly agree, if Oliviera can do something crazy against Tony like sub him, then that is the 1 fight that if booked would give me a foner.

If I'm Khabib I'm telling Dana that its GSP or bust though.

Khabib will fight one more time, just like when people thought Khabib would retire after his father passed away. He came back and fought Gaethje to honor his father, now he will honor his father wish to go 30-0.
lol I think its more of the people that said Khabib wasn't going to retire soon. I remember saying he was based on what he said about islam being top 3 and I was grilled. LOL

I actually think him coming back depends on how successful is Islam. If Islam is in the picture soon, He won't come back. But if Islam Suffers a setback, I think he comes back for one more. I think he takes being the lead guy of that gym seriously. He and Shamil are the heads now.

Dana isn't going to let the Khabib Conor rematch go that easy. Too much money there for him not to go above and beyond to get it done.

Khabib will come back to fight a French fighter for their audacity to support freedom of speech

But when is the question. He isn't interested in fighting now. He might not fight until 12+ months from now....

lol I think its more of the people that said Khabib wasn't going to retire soon. I remember saying he was based on what he said about islam being top 3 and I was grilled. LOL

I actually think him coming back depends on how successful is Islam. If Islam is in the picture soon, He won't come back. But if Islam Suffers a setback, I think he comes back for one more. I think he takes being the lead guy of that gym seriously. He and Shamil are the heads now.
This has nothing to do with Islam, Khabib only have one fight left. God knows when Islam gets a ranked opponent. Never forget when Rogan put a video of Gaethje training and Khabib put a comment on Rogans IG" Gaethje October, GSP april". This was after Khabibs father passed away.

Khabib will fight mark my word. Khabib is a competitor, its in his blood. I dont think it will be GSP, its Conor or Ferguson.

Dana might just go and ask Khabib's mom's permission directly and get it done. People here only ever hate Dana but never really appreciate the work he puts into his job. The only time where he really failed miserably was making the Fedor deal done but I believe even there it was mostly due to Vadim's greediness.
He's got to fly a copter directly to the mountains,and give Momma Nurmy a sugar cookie. Thats the only way Khabib will re open talks about returning

This has nothing to do with Islam, Khabib only have one fight left. God knows when Islam gets a ranked opponent. Never forget when Rogan put a video of Gaethje training and Khabib put a comment on Rogans IG" Gaethje October, GSP april". This was after Khabibs father passed away.

Khabib will fight mark my word. Khabib is a competitor, its in his blood. I dont think it will be GSP, its Conor or Ferguson.

I think Islam is part of the equation, even days before he announced his retirement Khabib was saying he'd fight Tony or Chandler if they can beat Islam - and I doubt he would go back on his word if they agreed to fight Islam and happened to win.

Islam is practically family to them and even Khabib's mother likely saw no future interesting fights for Khabib since everyone has either lost to Khabib or ducked Islam.

I want so badly for there to be a Conor rematch and for Conor to win. All you suck up bitches of Khabib will cry about it.

But when is the question. He isn't interested in fighting now. He might not fight until 12+ months from now....
Probably April next year, before Ramadan. If Conor wins in beautiful fasion can see him fight Khabib, Conor won against Nate and 2-3 month later he fought Alvarez for the titel.

Ferguson just because its a fight we have never seen and stylistically a fight that is supposed to be tough for Khabib. If he defeats Ferguson he would have beaten all of the guys in top 4, If Ferguson gets past Oliveira.

Also Khabib would want to be the only guy to have defend the belt 4 times.

Back