News Dana on the LW picture: I'm giving Khabib time to think it over, we're going to meet soon

Wait. I didn't see this. You think he fights Conor again? For what reason?
Like Khabib sad, "the one who beats Poirier i will fight him".

I think Khabib wants to shut his mouth one more time and destroy the PPV record again.

Why? GSP wants to make it at a weight they're both uncomfortable at. Khabib is comfortable at 155 and is the champion and undefeated Fighter.

I think it makes better sense for it to be for gold. Ups the ante

Yeah, but GSP has also said he doesn't feel he can make 155 and still be at 100%. He wants to do ~163. Plus, even if it's not for the belt, the UFC can still hype it as "LW Champion vs WW/MW Champion". Especially since GSP never officially lost either title. You don't need a belt to be on the line to hype it as the ultimate Champ vs Champ fight.

And both guys will retire right after anyway so it being for the gold is pointless. Because the very next fight for that same belt will be between two contenders for the vacant belt. Not against GSP or Khabib. So making GSP vs Khabib for the belt is pointless. (Yeah, it would be a nice addition if it was, but under the circumstances it's not necessary).

In fact, it makes more sense NOT to make it for the LW title, because you could have Khabib/GSP headline as Champ vs Champ and then potentially do the vacant LW title as the Co-Main. Or at least hype the vacant LW championship as the next PPV. So all eyes on Khabib/GSP see the previews for "Conor vs Tony for the vacant LW championship" (for example). So basically the biggest fight in UFC history (Khabib/GSP) sells the next fight for the LW title.

<TheDonald>

On top of all that, say Khabib comes back and defends his belt against a regular LW like Tony and wins, he'd just retire with the belt and essentially take it with him all over again just as he's already done so nothing changes. So I say it's best to go for the bigger money and legacy fight in GSP/Khabib at catchweight than it is to go for the regular title fight that wouldn't sell nearly as much.

I'm surprised Dana doesn't seem to see this.

Like Khabib sad, "the one who beats Poirier i will fight him".

I think Khabib wants to shut his mouth one more time and destroy the PPV record again.
You think Khabib is motivated by PPVs buys?

Sorry, but

<KhabibBS>

Remember what Khabib said. "In russia, we have russian link" :D

I can't see it being for money, but I can entertain that possibility for conor. Here's the scenario I have:

I can only see maybe if Conor beats poirier, beats gaethje, and beat them in quicker fashion than Khabib.. People will start saying, Wow, he got poirier out of there quicker than khabib did. Conor got gaethje out there, just as fast as Khabib did (or faster), people will say Conor is the defacto LW champion or start shitting on khabibs legacy and say he was never really that good. They will pitch that conor's focused and could beat khabib this time.

Now, seeing that Khabib may get pissed off and want to remind the world again like hey, I already beat this guy. I will smesh him worse the second time. Believe me.

That's the only scenario I can see when he comes back. I think the khabib you got towards the fight in the interviews is the one that's real. I think he stays retired, but I think it depends how the LW picture looks in a year or so. If it doesn't look interesting, I don't think he's coming back. If conor looks like he's lost a step against poirier and gaethje, eh I don't think so. What if conor has to go five rounds to beat either guy(either by stoppage or decision?)

Conor for all we know might poirier, might fight gaethje than fuck off and go box an old pac or someone different.

Last edited:
Yeah, but GSP has also said he doesn't feel he can make 155 and still be at 100%. He wants to do ~163. Plus, even if it's not for the belt, the UFC can still hype it as "LW Champion vs WW/MW Champion". Especially since GSP never officially lost either title. You don't need a belt to be on the line to hype it as the ultimate Champ vs Champ fight.

And both guys will retire right after anyway so it being for the gold is pointless. Because the very next fight for that same belt will be between two contenders for the vacant belt. Not against GSP or Khabib. So making GSP vs Khabib for the belt is pointless. (Yeah, it would be a nice addition if it was, but under the circumstances it's not necessary).

In fact, it makes more sense NOT to make it for the LW title, because you could have Khabib/GSP headline as Champ vs Champ and then potentially do the vacant LW title as the Co-Main. Or at least hype the vacant LW championship as the next PPV. So all eyes on Khabib/GSP see the previews for "Conor vs Tony for the vacant LW championship" (for example). So basically the biggest fight in UFC history (Khabib/GSP) sells the next fight for the LW title.

<TheDonald>

On top of all that, say Khabib comes back and defends his belt against a regular LW like Tony and wins, he'd just retire with the belt and essentially take it with him all over again just as he's already done so nothing changes. So I say it's best to go for the bigger money and legacy fight in GSP/Khabib at catchweight than it is to go for the regular title fight that wouldn't sell nearly as much.

I'm surprised Dana doesn't seem to see this.
It makes perfect to have to for a title. Like I said, it ups the ante. If GSP wins, He becomes the sport's first 3 weight champion. If Khabib wins, its his 4th title defense, breaking the LW record and probably won't be surpassed for awhile. If he submits GSP, it would be his 4th title defense, 4th submission. First person to ever get 4 consecutive title defense submissions. It makes good sense for it to be for a title. It doesn't have to be. But it makes perfect sense.

On to the point about the catch weight. I always hear khabib talking about weight. Khabib's a grappler and always is reluctant to move up because he was concerned how his strength will translate. Also, the ability to absorb damage. A couple of pounds sounds doable and not out of the question, but I'd have to imagine he wants the advantage. As much as GSP is the goat, Khabib is the A-side on this one. But I'll concede its possible.

It makes perfect to have to for a title. Like I said, it ups the ante. If GSP wins, He becomes the sport's first 3 weight champion. If Khabib wins, its his 4th title defense, breaking the LW record and probably won't be surpassed for awhile. If he submits GSP, it would be his 4th title defense, 4th submission. First person to ever get 4 consecutive title defense submissions. It makes good sense for it to be for a title. It doesn't have to be. But it makes perfect sense.

On to the point about the catch weight. I always hear khabib talking about weight. Khabib's a grappler and always is reluctant to move up because he was concerned how his strength will translate. Also, the ability to absorb damage. A couple of pounds sounds doable and not out of the question, but I'd have to imagine he wants the advantage. As much as GSP is the goat, Khabib is the A-side on this one. But I'll concede its possible.

Well somebody would have to give something up for sure. I feel like Khabib would lose less of an advantage going to 163 than GSP would going to 155. GSP would really have to kill himself to get to 155 and then he'd probably only be fighting at like 70% capacity, if that. Whereas if Khabib went to 163, he doesn't really lose much. Khabib might decrease to 95% capacity, but he'd still be good, and GSP would probably come in around 85-90%. So it seems more even.

I honestly don't really care where it's at as long as it gets made. If Dana can make it happen at 155 for the title, then great. But if 163 is the only way he can make it happen, then great too.

I just hope Khabib is willing to bend a little because it sounds like GSP will not do 155 under any circumstances.

You think Khabib is motivated by PPVs buys?

Sorry, but

<KhabibBS>

Remember what Khabib said. "In russia, we have russian link" :D

I can't see it being for money, but I can entertain that possibility for conor. Here's the scenario I have:

I can only see maybe if Conor beats poirier, beats gaethje, and beat them in quicker fashion than Khabib.. People will start saying, Wow, he got poirier out of there quicker than khabib did. Conor got gaethje out there, just as fast as Khabib did (or faster), people will say Conor is the defacto LW champion or start shitting on khabibs legacy and say he was never really that good. They will pitch that conor's focused and could beat khabib this time.

Now, seeing that Khabib may get pissed off and want to remind the world again like hey, I already beat this guy. I will smesh him worse the second time. Believe me.

That's the only scenario I can see when he comes back. I think the khabib you got towards the fight in the interviews is the one that's real. I think he stays retired, but I think it depends how the LW picture looks in a year or so. If it doesn't look interesting, I don't think he's coming back.

Conor for all we know might poirier, might fight gaethje than fuck off and go box an old pac or someone different.
Of course that happens if you fight Conor, imagen defending the belt 4 times and beat the PPV record second time. Record after record :D.

No but for real, if Khabib sad that the guy that beats Poirier i will fight him ,Khabib would never say something like that about Dustin if he did not mean it. He probably saw something in Dustin when they fought. Dude hurt Khabib one time and was close to finish him with that guillotine. Finish him and i will fight you.

I never believed that 10 fight win streak bullshit<45>

One last thing on this. If Khabib really is retired i dont think Abdelaziz would do in a interview with Espn and hint that Khabib is maybe gonna fight again. Especially not after seeing that video you linked were Khabib sad im retired.

I think that Ali really cares about Khabib and if Khabib really told him "Hey brother im really retired, this is how i feel about this". Ali would stop in a heartbeat to hype a last fight for Khabib. Ali would respect his decision and move on.

Of course that happens if you fight Conor, imagen defending the belt 4 times and beat the PPV record second time. Record after record :D.

No but for real, if Khabib sad that the guy that beats Poirier i will fight him ,Khabib would never say something like that about Dustin if he did not mean it. He probably saw something in Dustin when they fought. Dude hurt Khabib one time and was close to finish him with that guillotine. Finish him and i will fight you.

I never believed that 10 fight win streak bullshit<45>

One last thing on this. If Khabib really is retired i dont think Abdelaziz would do in a interview with Espn and hint that Khabib is maybe gonna fight again. Especially not after seeing that video you linked were Khabib sad im retired.

I think that Ali really cares about Khabib and if Khabib really told him "Hey brother im really retired, this is how i feel about this". Ali would stop in a heartbeat to hype a last fight for Khabib. Ali would respect his decision and move on.
The ten fight winstreak was taken literal..khabib never meant it literally. He means Conor has to have some quality wins at lw for him to even fight him again.

I don't think Ali would stop. Ali says he doesn't believe him! Haha. He says he'll respect it but they don't believe him. They're just like you. They think he loves competition too much to step away.

I don't buy the beating Poirier and I'll fight you..if what Chael is true( I believe Chael made it up) then khabib lied either about whomever beats Poirier or he lied about fighting Chandler if Chandler beats Islam.

I really think he promised his mom. I think he sticks to that, wants to do the legacy of building up his father's students as his primary focus and outside business when he's making tons of money already.

I also don't see Conor fighting that long either. Especially if he takes damage. If he gets in a war with Gaethje, he may be like fuck this. Khabib will be like I choked gaethje out in two rounds. It took Conor x rounds to beat him.

Ali also said he didn't know khabib was going to retire and before 254, ali said khabib 30-0. So I'll take what he says with grain of salt lol

Money talks. Once Dana adds another zero to the contract, Khabib will forget all about his mother's request not to fight.

Money talks. Once Dana adds another zero to the contract, Khabib will forget all about his mother's request not to fight.
What if khabib starts making more money outside of the cage with his business ventures?

If money talk, he'd be with monster energy over gorilla energy (they didn't offer his teammates sponsors) he's do beer commercials or stuff that sacrfice his integrity to get the money.

Conor probably makes more outside of the cage with proper whiskey and other invests than a night of fighting now. Khabib could be the same way. He could strike it big and earn more outside the gym and look at the money and go eh. The conor fight was always on the table and he never took it so why now.

Last edited:
Khabib retired and then minutes later Connor unretired. If Khabib unretires Connor doesn’t want any part of him unless he’s inside a bus and Connor has a trolley.

I dont understand, what have one fight have to do with Islam? I Iike Islam a lot but at this rate Islam will be fighting for the titel next year inshallah if hes healthy.

Khabib was emotional in the Octogan after the win, he just lost his father. He did not even have time to griefe properly and now he will have time. He will come to realisation to fight and honor his father wish. He will dust of his papakha and go for 30-0 and be the only fighter to have defend the LW belt 4 times.

For one Khabib and family don't want Khabib's career to slow down Islam's; for example they haven't been pairing Islam with contenders because him and Khabib won't fight, so if Dana can ensure Khabib remaining champ won't impact Islam's quality of opponents that can help.

Also, there aren't many interesting fights left for Khabib but say he applies the "if someone can beat Islam I will view him as the #1 contender" pressure Dana may give in this time. It didn't work before UFC 254 when Dana didn't offer Tony or Chandler to fight Islam but this was also before Khabib announced retirement.

Now after announcing retirement Khabib holds the cards because Dana wants him to come back and fight.

it seems from khabibs comments that he has moved on from fighting, and looking to educate himself
and build a farm which is very respectable. changing his life and getting away from the bright lights and
greedy businessmen like ali and dana.

the only way i see him coming back for a fight is if conor goes on a big winning streak and surpasses
khabibs accomplishments. and khabib starts looking like number 2 in the publics eyes.
that might draw him back. maybe.

people should let it go. he says he is not interested.

Gangster: I want to quit.

Boss: You're upset, rest up and think about it. (No)

Khabib might need to issue a restraining order against this goof. Also, talk about showing zero respect for a man's promise to his mother after his father died...

Why is Dana so against the GSP fight? The idea of BOTH fighters retiring after the bout must really bother him. It would be a blow to the legitimacy of the next champ but what about a catchweight bout? Cmon Dana.

When triple C wants to retire : " when a guy thinks about retirement, they should and I don't ever try to change their mind"

When Khabib says the same thing :" he doesn't know it yet, I am gonna talk to him"

Fucking Dana gonna Dana.

Dana doesnt let him go running before he faces Conor 2.0 because fans deserve to see their rematch with both men healthy and sober to really see who is the best LW.

Back