• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana on Askren: He's Just Not My Kind of Guy

OK i know how you can feel if you get rejected with something that you didn't work hard for but wanted. But Askren seems to work hard so i think Dana is wrong here. But ufc doesn't seem to want to be a sport even if he has said thats what they want. If its a sport the best has to fight the best even if they are the most boring peron in the world and cant talk, the side effect is that you don't get many sponsors and money in general. Just my opinion but some people want it to be wwe.

So if he hasn't beat anyone and and he doesn't look exciting, Dana should give him a contract because he can beat all the scrubs.

Watch from 16:45 to take it from one of the best MMA journalists around.

[YT]jKC5DO6m44k[/YT]

Watch from 16:45 to take it from one of the best MMA journalists around.

[YT]jKC5DO6m44k[/YT]

The Beard-Father speaks the truth!
I don't even care for Askren or that he's not in the UFC, maybe I will later.
However Dana's reasons are irrational and far from the truth, only just bleed fans are buying it and repeating it like parrots.

Dana has put on one of the best years of MMA ever in the UFC. But this is a blemish IMO. Everyone in the UFC is there to make money. Askren is no different. But Askren comes with a past so that's why he isn't being signed.

Lima, Hieron, Koreshkov, Hornbuckle and Good are scrubs? You're either ignorant or a UFC employee.

Nope, not scrubs but if they were UFC fighters, they'd be on the level of John Hathaway, Jason High, Claude Patrick.

In other words, far from elite compeititon which is why a top 10 ranking makes absolutely no sense for Ben Askren.

I love how people are still crying over this.

So then why is Askren fighting in OneFC of all places? :icon_lol:

Honestly idk why the hell he signed with OneFC instead of WSoF.

WSoF could have done WAY more to raise his profile to the point where there is no way Dana could not sign him.

Honestly idk why the hell he signed with OneFC instead of WSoF.

WSoF could have done WAY more to raise his profile to the point where there is no way Dana could not sign him.

askren will dominate with knees on the ground being legal.

Nope, not scrubs but if they were UFC fighters, they'd be on the level of John Hathaway, Jason High, Claude Patrick.

In other words, far from elite compeititon which is why a top 10 ranking makes absolutely no sense for Ben Askren.

I love how people are still crying over this.

I agree that a top 10 ranking isn't justified. Doesn't change that the only legit challenge to Askren outside the UFC is Palhares---yet I think we all know Palhares has nothing for Askren. Who does he need to fight to convince you? Fitch? Burkman? Carl? Give MMA fans a break.

I agree that a top 10 ranking isn't justified. Doesn't change that the only legit challenge to Askren outside the UFC is Palhares---yet I think we all know Palhares has nothing for Askren. Who does he need to fight to convince you? Fitch? Burkman? Carl? Give MMA fans a break.

Well a roster with Fitch, Burkman, Carl, and Palhares is a little better than one with Adam Shahir Kayoom and Nobutatsu Suzuki who were supposed to fight for the OneFC WW belt in November.

"Who's your fav ufc one?"
"Dana White: he's so badass... he says what he wants because he can."

Obviously Askren earns his shoot to UFC: he's the 2nd big league champion.
Who thinks otherwise is just a Zuffa\White zombie.

Well a roster with Fitch, Burkman, Carl, and Palhares is a little better than one with Adam Shahir Kayoom and Nobutatsu Suzuki who were supposed to fight for the OneFC WW belt in November.

Of course, but my question still stands.

It's time to get rid of Dana. Ben should've tried negotiating with Lorenzo instead.

Opening quote says it all. Dana can't separate his ego from business. For whatever reason Dana makes decisions based on his personal feelings. Not a smart way to do business. People will come on here and say "shut your mouth, Dana grew the sport, blah, blah, blah. . . ". Dana is a greedy, slimeball promoter. Nothing more, nothing less. He is Don King without the fro.

Not a smart way to do business. What sort of business do you run that is on par with the UFC?

Seems like the UFC is growing and making tons of money, so to say Dana down't know how to run a business is just a dumb statement.

Sorry, I think Dana knows how to run a business more than you do.

Has "I'm a Dana White Guy" caught on yet?

Askren screwed himself by talking about title shots before he is even signed. Had Askren had a different attitude he might have been signed. He deserves to be in the UFC .... but I was not a fan of his attitude and had a feeling he was not getting signed.

Back