• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana on Askren: He's Just Not My Kind of Guy

waiguoren

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
"It sounds to me like this guy wants to walk in somewhere, make a shitload of money, um, and I don't know. He's just not my kind of guy."

Starts at 12:33:

Last edited:
Dana doesnt like one trick ponies, but Ronda is a HUGE one trick pony, so wtf?

Pathological liar!

Dana is paul heyman made over

This.

Funny that guys who are just not Dana's kind of guy are guys who are usually not guys who fit the image of what the UFC would like to market.

Coincidence that Roy Nelson and him just don't get along?

Dana will kiss ass to whoever's cool in the MMA community and discard whoever isn't.

" nothing I love more than a fighter who wants to fight the best and prove himself. I love guys that do that like Nik Lentz."

askren leaves bellator to fight in the UFC to fight the best.

" not my kinda guy. "

Dana Fucking White folks.

Last edited:
I get a kick out of all the people who constantly rag on how silly boxing has become, YET, they give Dana White pass after pass for his ridiculous antics. Considering who he works for, and how he freezes out good fighters, for WHATEVER reason, let's not act like MMA is so pristine. If boxing is a joke, MMA is not too far behind it.

Well it's good to know the UFC roster is now determined by who Dana likes to have a beer with.

" nothing love more than a fighter who wants to fight the best and prove himself. I love guys that do that like Nik Lentz."

" not my kinda guy. "

and the Zuffa zombies are too stupid to know any better.

Askren is qualified to fight in the UFC and there are alot of guys in his division he would beat. But Dana doesnt like him as a person and he cant fight in the UFC. I find it funny that Dana cant really say the real reasons why he doesnt want him and Ariel cant really press him on those issues. The guy is a threat and doesnt have the pleasing style. He could very well be Champion now that GSP is gone and bore people to death

" nothing love more than a fighter who wants to fight the best and prove himself. I love guys that do that like Nik Lentz."

" not my kinda guy. "

So then why is Askren fighting in OneFC of all places? :icon_lol:

Dana knows his competition, "didnt know that oneFc even still existed". Oh Dana, youre so witty. Go cry now when your cash cow GSP walked out. Btw.

And still playing that "business"-comment after showing that he knows shit about his competition and then again the comment "askren wants too much money". No one in their right mind believes that. First of all Dana takes everything personally, secondly Askren has made quite clear that he aint only wanting to make money, but to compete against the best. Woah Dana.. Well someone is gonna eat up your lies, looking at you sherdog fanboys.

Usually I just get a good laugh when Dana tells his stories and I kind of like him, but sometimes his shit is just too much.

Stephie Daniels: Will you just fight whoever ONE FC asks you to, or will you be pushing them to bring in actual welterweight talent to help you accumulate a better resume?

Ben Askren: When I couldn't sign with the UFC, I think my goal of being Number 1 in the world went out the window. There's just no way of doing that at Welterweight without being in the UFC. I could go 50-0 and as long as it's outside the UFC, I'm not going to be Number 1.

It's kind of a moot point now. My goal can't happen without the UFC, so I'll fight whoever they give me. I'm not overly concerned with it. I've never turned down a fight in my life; I don't plan on starting now, so whoever they want me to fight is who I will fight.

Ben Askren interview

$$$$$$$$

fuck, if the only mma org worth a damn doesn't want me, I would take my ass overseas and make more money than most. Beating the two guys wsof has to offer is not going to help askren at all.

" not my kinda guy. "

Where as this is mostly true I think the little game him and rebney were playing ticked off Dana, I think dana is doing it out of retaliation. that doesn't make it okay but it does takes two to tango.

Arsken fucked around and this is what he got.

Stephie Daniels: Will you just fight whoever ONE FC asks you to, or will you be pushing them to bring in actual welterweight talent to help you accumulate a better resume?

Ben Askren: When I couldn't sign with the UFC, I think my goal of being Number 1 in the world went out the window. There's just no way of doing that at Welterweight without being in the UFC. I could go 50-0 and as long as it's outside the UFC, I'm not going to be Number 1.

It's kind of a moot point now. My goal can't happen without the UFC, so I'll fight whoever they give me. I'm not overly concerned with it. I've never turned down a fight in my life; I don't plan on starting now, so whoever they want me to fight is who I will fight.

Ben Askren interview

Hearing a fighter say that does make me feel awful.

Where as this is mostly true I think the little game him and rebney were playing ticked off Dana, I think dana is doing it out of retaliation. that doesn't make it okay but it does takes two to tango.

Arsken fucked around and this is what he got.

how'd he fuck around? what games did he play? seemed like it was all rebney.

$$$$$$$$

fuck, if the only mma org worth a damn doesn't want me, I would take my ass overseas and make more money than most. Beating the two guys wsof has to offer is not going to help askren at all.
Dana has effectively killed Ben's fighting spirit and squashed all of his aspirations. He is just a check collector now.

...and Dana has to gall to say Bellator treats fighters like shit.

I'm a Dana White fan but Ben Askren belongs in the UFC.

how'd he fuck around? what games did he play? seemed like it was all rebney.

Ben Arsken himself said that if he signs to the ufc he expects an immediate title shot. On top of the fact I'm sure Rebney whole "I'll let him go on one condition" bullshit probably just peeved Dana, And I believe that it's likely Arsken was in on the whole thing. Because what he said in the interview that I watched, really sounded like he and rebney were on the same page with a great relationship.

It's symbiotic for the two. It helps Rebney because if a guy leaves his promo and wins the belt right away from the goat WW It Validates his promotion futher, reguardless of losing his export. and it helps Arsken for the obvious reason.

I think Arsken knew what he was doing, It was silly of them to expect Dana to dance to their tune.

I'm not the tinfoil-hat type I swear

Back