• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana on Askren: He's Just Not My Kind of Guy

"we'll talk to Ben"

That's all he said. And they talked last week. Dana advised him to go to WSOF. He went to ONE.

The end.

Lol, pathetic attempt at spinning that. Dana wanted Ben. Bellator said they didn't want him. Now Dana doesn't want no more.

He asked for a source for Dana expressing interest in signing him. Not a source where Dana says, "We'll talk to him". Just because the media headlines one of their articles with, "Dana expresses interest in signing Ben" does not make it true. Remember, it's the media.

So if you can't provide empirical evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Dana wanted to sign him, your source simply doesn't count.

What? You don't see the difference in attitude between "we'll talk to Ben" and "we have no interest"? The quote is from a scrum, which I watched for myself. It's just much easier for me to link an article than finding the scrum and the exact time he said it.

This is what happened:

Dana: We'll talk to Ben.
Bellator releases Ben.
Dana: We have no interest in signing that barely-beating-Jay-Hieron-who-has-he-fought-anyways-no-good-can.

His attitude changed because Bellator said they didn't want him.

Lol, pathetic attempt at spinning that. Dana wanted Ben. Bellator said they didn't want him. Now Dana doesn't want no more.

What? You don't see the difference in attitude between "we'll talk to Ben" and "we have no interest"? The quote is from a scrum, which I watched for myself. It's just much easier for me to link an article than finding the scrum and the exact time he said it.

This is what happened:

Bellator releases Ben.
Dana: We have no interest in signing that barely-beating-Jay-Hieron-who-has-he-fought-anyways-no-good-can.

This guy must have no corporate experience whatsoever.

I'm fine with it. I liked when they cut Jon Fitch, and I like stand ups. Forum posters need to let go of the idea that this is a pure sport. Deep in your psyche you hate the idea that the sport is rooted in circus attraction and pro wrestling crossover. There will always be some element of this.

Thankfully Zuffa are in agreement with it being a business first with entertainment value being a high priority.

This guy must have no corporate experience whatsoever.

Look, buddy. I know a lot about the corporate world and various other corporings. I'm well educated, well versed. I know that situations like this - corporation wise - they're very complex.

And I'll give you a piece of advice I suggest you take under cooperation, alright? Don't slander me in front of a jury of my own peers. Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?

If you are an undefeated Bellator champion who makes very good fighters look like they haven't trained before...of course.

Yeah and I haven't beat anyone on the top 15 either. Guess I would be good to go!

Source that Dana expressed interest in signing him? I remember after Bjorn's statement, Dana said "no thanks".

Also, it's a combination of different reasons. Not just that they don't think he's not good enough.

But again, at the end of the day, the UFC isn't 'supposed' to sign anyone. I don't know why this concept is too difficult for some of you to understand.

Like I keep saying, this isn't the olympics- you're not guaranteed a spot based on skills alone. It's a business, if you're difficult to deal with, you're not getting signed. This is the UFC, a private company. Even being a top10 fighter doesn't guarantee you a job. This much has been made clear.

Please accept it, and move on.

Yeah, except for all the comments Dana has made about how the top guys fight in the UFC, how that if you want to prove yourself then fight in the UFC, how the UFC is like other sports league, etc... If he's going to take this stand on Askren, then he can't make those type of comments anymore.

This is what happened:

Bellator releases Ben.

Soooo... No empirical evidence beyond a reasonable doubt? Just a quote from Dana saying, "We'll talk to him".

Gotcha. :)

Yeah, except for all the comments Dana has made about how the top guys fight in the UFC, how that if you want to prove yourself then fight in the UFC, how the UFC is like other sports league, etc... If he's going to take this stand on Askren, then he can't make those type of comments anymore.

He can, and he will. Nothing you can do about it, which is awesome. :)

It's all a big conspiracy! Dana is trying to keep this man down because...I don't know but he is.

This is you.

Is English not your first language? Because there's nothing that made sense about any of your posts so far. I keep trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because I don't want to believe someone can be this objectively stupid.

Soooo... No empirical evidence beyond a reasonable doubt? Just a quote from Dana saying, "We'll talk to him".

Gotcha. :)

No matter. I'm righteous. I'm not gonna stand here and present some egghead scientific argument based on fact. I'm just a regular dude. I like to drink beer. I love my family. These liberals are trying to assassinate my character. And I can

That's cool.

You still can't provide empirical evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Dana wanted to sign him. :)

Remember, this is the guy who said Fedor hasn't fought anyone. Back when a LHW had the HW belt and lost it a fighter who was 1-1 in the UFC. He will take this stand, and do so with impunity, because he is Dana Fucking White. :wink:

He can, and he will. Nothing you can do about it, which is awesome. :)

Yeah, he can keep making stupid comments and keep killing his credibility while fewer and fewer people will keep buying into his bullshit. It's a shame that the MMA media is too scared to really call Dana out on his BS.

Is English not your first language? Because there's nothing that made sense about any of your posts so far. I keep trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because I don't want to believe someone can be this objectively stupid.

Nice try. I understand if you have a hard time with reading comprehension. A lot of people do. The irony of you calling someone stupid...

IMG_1900.jpg

Aldo VS Jung - 170,000 buys
Henderson VS Pettis - 270,000 buys
Jones VS Gustafsson - 320,000 buys [also featured Barao VS Wineland]
Cain VS JDS 3 - 330,000 buys
GSP VS Hendricks anniversary show = 625 buys

With the ufc doing such great numbers as of late it would have been a real shame to let Askren in and hurt them... oh wait

Yeah and I haven't beat anyone on the top 15 either. Guess I would be good to go!

How many top 15 welterweights fight outside the UFC? If you want him to prove himself you have to let him in first. Lima is a great fighter and Askren made him look like a fish out of water. I'd say Askren is indeed "good to go".

Dana has said a hundred times that he hasn't beaten anybody, and that it's crazy people rank him in the top 10.

Dana says he barely beat Jay Hieron, and that guy is 0-4 in the UFC.

And once again, this is a private company, not the olympics. You're not guaranteed a spot on the roster based on your skills alone. You need to have the right business approach. Dana doesn't like how Ben talks shit about him and his company, so he's not going to be signed no matter who says what. Period.

Yet 'that guy' comain evented in the ufc after losing to Askren. Ellenberger scrapped by on a thinner decision then Askren and they even gave Jay another fight.

I agree with what you said in the last paragraph though. I think its mostly Askren talking shit on twitter and he wants to stick it to Bjorn by not signing their champ. He doesnt want Bellator to seem like a platform to the UFC. He will take exciting guys like Alvarez or Lombard tho.

How many top 15 welterweights fight outside the UFC? If you want him to prove himself you have to let him in first. Lima is a great fighter and Askren made him look like a fish out of water. I'd say Askren is indeed "good to go".

So if he hasn't beat anyone and and he doesn't look exciting, Dana should give him a contract because he can beat all the scrubs.

So if he hasn't beat anyone and and he doesn't look exciting, Dana should give him a contract because he can beat all the scrubs.

Lima, Hieron, Koreshkov, Hornbuckle and Good are scrubs? You're either ignorant or a UFC employee.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back