Dana (Mad at Dan Mirgliotta!): Ok that is officially the END of Dan M!!!!

Dana can be so immature....why not deal with this stuff behind the scenes? he's like a kid sometimes

Yeah you'd think he'd get the feeling when someone is able to palm someones' head with one hand and punch them in the face with the other that the fight is over. Way too late of a stoppage.

That is not on his Twitter.

Dana White ‏@danawhite
Ok that is officially the END of Dan M!!!! Guys head is straight up his ass 2 night!!!! 17 vicious strikes!!!! After he was already hurt

Lets hope his not reffing again tonight, anything could happen now he has nothing to lose.

some people need their eyes checked, that was a late horrible stoppage.

It was obvious that Thiago wasn't defending himself for F sake. He was just holding on waiting for a stoppage.

Dangerous stuff.

No, he was covering himself well until the stoppage. He took at most 2 shots when he went limp, before that he was covering up well, imo. Sure he wasn't doing a lot but he was covering most of the elbows.
I don't think he blocked even one elbow

If Dana could do shit about it, every time a judge made a horrible score, they would have been replaced. Know how many times Dana has successfully got someone working within a commission fired? None that we know.

Maybe a commission would find logic in letting him go, but he would have to be let go by every state. A ref has to be licensed in that state (for US). Not sure internationally.

How can Dana say that is the end of Dan? Doesn't he normally say they have no control over who the Ref's are?

So which one is it Dana?

Dana White ‏@danawhite
Ok that is officially the END of Dan M!!!! Guys head is straight up his ass 2 night!!!! 17 vicious strikes!!!! After he was already hurt

Ok, it was under "new tweets" that weren't expanded for me to see.

some people need their eyes checked, that was a late horrible stoppage.

Admittedly I haven't read every post, but I'm guessing most realize it wasn't a good stoppage. Those with half a brain, however, realize that reffing is fucking tough and Mirg's having a rough night. Shit happens.

dan waited too long imo he seemed completely out by the 6th elbow

Came in to post this exact thing. I could tell the punch had him sort of out to begin with. I bet he realized that the fight was over after he saw the first punch, when he saw the replay on the screens in the arena.

If Dana could do anything about refs, Mirgliotta would be gone a long time ago.

Big Dan's gonna have to join Dana's 'Kiss my ass' club if he still wants to ref UFC fights.

Back