Dana explains Holm over Tate situation: "Everybody already saw Ronda against Miesha"

It's a good decision. I mean, what happens to Miesha when she loses a 3rd time to Ronda at this stage? I doubt she drops down a division and I don't see her retiring... she might as well wait until the latter end of their careers for a 3rd fight.

Tate is pretty and known.. They don't want her 'eliminated' from the game. She can keep being in fights that matter against other people. If she lost to rrr a third time she would be done in terms of being important as long as rrr is the champ. This way their 'other' big star is still important. This is the common sense and correct thing to do. It's better for Tate's career as well. Stop knighting for her sherdog, she isn't going to hump you for it.. Dana and company made the right business decision on multiple levels.

Tate is pretty and known.. They don't want her 'eliminated' from the game. She can keep being in fights that matter against other people. If she lost to rrr a third time she would be done in terms of being important as long as rrr is the champ. This way their 'other' big star is still important. This is the common sense and correct thing to do. It's better for Tate's career as well. Stop knighting for her sherdog, she isn't going to hump you for it.. Dana and company made the right business decision on multiple levels.

Agreed, this is protecting Tate.

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

"Tate can't get another title shot because if she lost then she'd not get another title shot. They don't want to put her in a spot where she won't be able to get a title shot so they're going to keep her from a title shot."

Faber's doing just fine even after losing title shot after title shot. Tate's popularity has jumped with each loss to Rousey. lol, as long as Tate continued to be a top WBW after a possible third loss to Ronda then her marketability and position would be fine, no worse than where it is now. It's a division where the champ takes out challengers in less than a minute routinely.

On top of all of that Rousey is not planning to do this until she's over the hill. There's a real possibility she won't be doing this still in 2017.

Dana and company made the right business decision on multiple levels.

That's the problem. A lot of us are into this as a sport and not as entertainment or an exercise in cheerleading billionaires so they can make more money. I get that it is a business and to some degree this kind of stuff will probably always go on but man this stuff really irks me.

Regarding protecting Tate that is an interesting way of looking at it. I think she wants the chance to avenge her losses and I'm sure she'd figure out something to do even if she did lose again.

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

"Tate can't get another title shot because if she lost then she'd not get another title shot. They don't want to put her in a spot where she won't be able to get a title shot so they're going to keep her from a title shot."

Faber's doing just fine even after losing title shot after title shot. Tate's popularity has jumped with each loss to Rousey. lol, as long as Tate continued to be a top WBW after a possible third loss to Ronda then her marketability and position would be fine, no worse than where it is now. It's a division where the champ takes out challengers in less than a minute routinely.

On top of all of that Rousey is not planning to do this until she's over the hill. There's a real possibility she won't be doing this still in 2017.

Faber jumps around weight and there is a much larger pool of men. The dynamic of the small women's divisions is just totally different than the men's divisions right now. If Tate wins a couple more, a couple more that will be big fights, then she will get a third shot. The UFC may anticipate rrr being champion for a long while.

Who cares?

I love Tate, I really do, and I look forward to all her fights, but we've seen Ronda demolish her twice.

I would rather see Ronda fight Holm, even though it's almost certain to be another squash, because Ronda is that much better than anyone else in her division.

Thing is, it's a different fight, and I want to see it. Holm has different tools and maybe, just maybe, she can make it interesting... Although I doubt it.

If I were Tate I would stay on the bench until i got the title fight I was promised, she is more than well off with sponsors and have a lot of people on her side here/

Yet, when the time comes and Miesha gets another shot, she'll have "improved so much" and be Ronda's "toughest challenge to date".

UFC needs a better voice.

Faber jumps around weight and there is a much larger pool of men. The dynamic of the small women's divisions is just totally different than the men's divisions right now. If Tate wins a couple more, a couple more that will be big fights, then she will get a third shot. The UFC may anticipate rrr being champion for a long while.

Miesha's offered to fight Cyborg if Cyborg can't make 135. Which would be as many fights Faber has taken outside of BW in the last 5 years.

Men's BW is on the shallow side for men's divisions and has been fairly clogged at the top with rematches. That's compounded issues with the top of the division frequently getting injured or having other complications.

I don't agree she's benefiting from being stalled. A loss to a fresh contender in her current position would derail her far worse imo.

Miesha's offered to fight Cyborg if Cyborg can't make 135. Which would be as many fights Faber has taken outside of BW in the last 5 years.

Men's BW is on the shallow side for men's divisions and has been fairly clogged at the top with rematches. That's compounded issues with the top of the division frequently getting injured or having other complications.

I don't agree she's benefiting from being stalled. A loss to a fresh contender in her current position would derail her far worse imo.

But it would build a new contender huge who HAS NOT lost to rrr already. You get the most out of Meisha either way.. Making big fights and building towards an even bigger fight with rrr, or building somebody like Nunes into the next big legitimate threat.

You've made your points well, however.

I agree with all of that,but wasn't cool from Dana to tell everyone that Miesha is next.

True but the change of heart probably came after everyone collectively groaned at his announcement. He probably figured people wouldn't mind the third fight but many people weren't interested(despite the fact that Miesha deserves it more than most, if not all, the other FBWs) so they went with the most marketable; a decent looking blonde with an excellent boxing/kickboxing record.

We also just watched Cain get his shit pushed in by Werdum.

Yet he had no problem making Tito vs Shamrock three times and would make JDS vs Cain again if given the chance.

If I were Tate I would stay on the bench until i got the title fight I was promised, she is more than well off with sponsors and have a lot of people on her side here/

This.

Apparently Bethe is calling out Tate :icon_lol:. Fuck. That. Shit. If I were Tate, I would spit at that possibility.

Either Tate vs Nunes or Tate vs Cyborg. Anything besides that, gtfo.

But it would build a new contender huge who HAS NOT lost to rrr already. You get the most out of Meisha either way.. Making big fights and building towards an even bigger fight with rrr, or building somebody like Nunes into the next big legitimate threat.

I can understand that in theory but UFC moves lately seems like they aren't that concerned about the legitimacy of WBW challengers. It'd be more of a bonus.

Plus there is the potential loss of a fresh contender by keeping Tate where she is rather than completing the trilogy then putting her in exile if she loses again. Eye wasn't a substantial loss and considering it was her first top 5 fight she's not knocked back that far. Nunes on the other hand would be a big one.

I do appreciate the business influence on the decision but I think ultimately it'll be delaying the inevitable and adding to negativity to other questionable shots scheduled.

You've made your points well, however.

Likewise.

Back