Dana explains Holm over Tate situation: "Everybody already saw Ronda against Miesha"

uncle dana could have handled the situation better, but if anyone who has followed the ufc long enough knows that uncle dana doesn't give a shit about anyone except his bank account.

tate got played like a chump believing that she would get a third rematch against ronda. the only person that's dwelling on this is tate because uncle dana doesn't give a shit about nobody except how many more zero's he can add to his bank account.

They need to think before speaking publicly.

Telling Miesha she has the shot makes them look stupid now.

Using "everyone has already seen Ronda v Miesha" will make them look stupid when that fight inevitably happens later.

Doesn't Joe Silva make the fights? I'm sure there is plenty of input from lots of people and everyone doesn't always agree. It's not like dana white last night in his head was like Ronda is fighting holly Holm that's it. Who knows if he agrees completely or not either way he's the messenger and ultimately promoter so he has to hype it weather he likes it or not. Better for Tate anyway if I were her I'd be calling out cyborg left and right. Honesty she has a better chance of beating cyborg than Ronda anyway and it would be a feather in her cap that Ronda failed to achieve

Wait.. People wanted to see Derousey vs Taint 3?

He finally got 1 right and people are still complaining?

I hate DFW but he got one right. I'd much rather see Holm.

Meisha can fight Nunes for a shot next.

If Dana hadn't already said that the winner of Miesha/Eye was getting the shot, and than reiterated that Miesha was getting it after her win, I could potentially see giving it to Holm for the fact she hasn't been in against Ronda.

But the fact is, Miesha's got 4 straight wins, a couple impressive ones at that, while Holly's two have been frequently remarked as being lackluster (I certainly wasn't impressed). Plus, we've seen nothing from Holm that would convince us she would do any better than the likes of Bethe, Alexis, McMann, Kauffman or Cat.

Miesha, however, lasted longer in her first fight against Ronda than those 5 combined, and then added another 2 full rounds onto that in the second fight. Say what you want about Miesha, but the facts speak for themselves, and they say Miesha A) has earned the shot and B) has the best chance against Ronda.

I have no issues with Holm getting the shot. Tate is 0-2 vs Ronda while Holm is undefeated in his career and has shown pretty much 0 weakness. This fight make more sense from a promotional stand point, they were talking Ronda vs Holm before HOlm was even in the UFC. The fight had some hype to it when she came in already.

They're also dissimilar because Cain/Werdum is an instant rematch while Tate has rebounded with a 4 fight win streak with 3 top wins.

Not sure what your point is. I don't agree with the Cain rematch either. Just saying, Tate already had her rematch, and you don't tend to see trilogies to one-sided dominations.

Shut the fuck up Dana go choke on a **** and die already so someone else can get the job.

This.

Fuck you Dana, you're a scumbag and once again prove that your rankings and matchmaking is a fucking joke.

This

Plus IMO, this & Cain are both dumber matchmaking from a potential earning capacity.
Cain is not a draw. They could have showed their marketing prowess by creating hype around Andrei Arlovski & his resurgence & made a much more interesting fight.
Tate is already popular & her rivalry with Ronda is not something 80% of Ronda's new fans has lived through

Zuffa has been shitting the bed a lot lately IMO

I love that you guys still get mad at Dana after all these years. Quality entertainment.:)

So why did he say that miesha was getting the next shot

Here is the quote from Dana in the post fight after Tate/Eye

“Yeah, she is (No. 1 contender),” White said at the post-fight press conference. “You know, Miesha is such a durable human being. She will stand in front of you and take what you’ve got. Because she was getting picked apart in that first round. She keeps coming forward to land what she has to land or get you to the ground or do what she has to do to win. She did it again tonight. She has worked her way back to Ronda Rousey.”

Here is my interpretation of what possibly happened.

He mentions she is he #1 contender and she worked her way back to Rousey. But thats all he did was talk about it. Dana doesnt makes the fights by himself and they have 2 match makers and 2 more owners that are involved. Dana may have an opinion and maybe that is the fight he wanted to make but the others wanted a different fight. Nothing was announced and made official, Tate herself said she never got a call from the UFC it was confirmed.

Its very possible that there was a disagreement between the big guys that make the fights. Its possible that Dana and company saw the reaction from fans, media and fighters that Tate already had 2 chances and lost and someone else should get the shot. So maybe its not even Dana everyone should be shitting on, there are a few guys that make the fights. Dana said "we" a few times, not him

Even if Dana says something, lots can change after when they sit down to make the fight cards. That the business of the fight game.

Remember when people had common sense and thought 'three matches' where one person won the first two was stupid? Yeah, they are pretty stupid usually. Is it because Tate is cute? I mean, this isn't that surprising or shocking lol.. The media has made suck idiots out of people.. When public figures like Dana show common sense, they get crap. When they mouth off like losers or suck in general, people knight for them. Millennials think backwards.

'Were'.. Stupid. Three matches.

Remember when people had common sense and thought 'three matches' where one person won the first two was stupid? Yeah, they are pretty stupid usually. Is it because Tate is cute? I mean, this isn't that surprising or shocking lol.. The media has made suck idiots out of people.. When public figures like Dana show common sense, they get crap. When they mouth off like losers or suck in general, people knight for them. Millennials think backwards.

Of course Dana gets shit on for this, lol, fans love to hate him. There are 2 matchmakers in SIlva and Shelby and 2 owners in the fight making process. But Dana is the moron, the other guys have nothing to do with it?? right!

Using "everyone has already seen Ronda v Miesha" will make them look stupid when that fight inevitably happens later.

Which makes me all the more suspicious that they have no intention of ever allowing Ronda vs Tate 3 to happen...

Back