Dana explains Holm over Tate situation: "Everybody already saw Ronda against Miesha"

Tate should refuse all fights unless its a title match.
How could Greg Jackson camp let holly fight ronda soo soon. Do they see a hole in her game?

This few times I'm upset with zuffa and dana white. HOLLY HOLM ISN'T READY TO BE HARVEST!

I had so little interest in that fight that when I heard Holly was getting the title shot, I completely forgot about the first fight that was supposed to happen.

And in almost all situations when you lose twice in convincing fashion to somebody you do not get a third opportunity. Now in the UFC rampage did get one against Wand but that was different as rampage was just coming off a dominant run, including winning the title and Silva appeared to be on the way down.

So why did he say that miesha was getting the next shot

Because he is a bullshit artist who makes false promises then expects the fighter he made the false promise towards to just be happy they are in the ufc

Because he is a bullshit artist who makes false promises then expects the fighter he made the false promise towards to just be happy they are in the ufc

I think in fairness to him in this situation, they put some feelers out to the fans gauging their interest on that fight, and it came back to be extremely poor. So they made a change.

This is dumb simply for the fact that they already said it was Miesha and now they're backtracking, and making it dumber by using "Everybody's already seen the Miesha fight" as an excuse, as if they didn't fucking know that before saying it would be Miesha.

Then to add insult to injury they go out and say "well Miesha shouldn't want to lose to Ronda so soon anyway", completely writing her off and pretty much saying she'd lose anyway. I'm not saying she'd win, but Miesha accounts for 60% of Ronda's total fight time, sounds like the girl has a much better grasp of how to handle Ronda than anyone else.

And as far as this BS: "A 3rd fight normally comes after the things we saw in Arturo Gatti x Micky Ward." they should remember they had no problems promoting:

Shamrock/Ortiz
Cerrone/Henderson
Rampage/Silva
Edgar/Penn
Kaufman/Davis
Sonnen/Horn
Ortiz/Liddell (cancelled because of injury)

I think in fairness to him in this situation, they put some feelers out to the fans gauging their interest on that fight, and it came back to be extremely poor. So they made a change.

Understandable. I just wish they would quit promising title shots if they aren't sure. It's not fair to the fighter.

This is dumb simply for the fact that they already said it was Miesha and now they're backtracking, and making it dumber by using "Everybody's already seen the Miesha fight" as an excuse, as if they didn't fucking know that before saying it would be Miesha.

Then to add insult to injury they go out and say "well Miesha shouldn't want to lose to Ronda so soon anyway", completely writing her off and pretty much saying she'd lose anyway. I'm not saying she'd win, but Miesha accounts for 60% of Ronda's total fight time, sounds like the girl has a much better grasp of how to handle Ronda than anyone else.

And as far as this BS: "A 3rd fight normally comes after the things we saw in Arturo Gatti x Micky Ward." they should remember they had no problems promoting:

Shamrock/Ortiz
Cerrone/Henderson
Rampage/Silva
Edgar/Penn
Kaufman/Davis
Sonnen/Horn
Ortiz/Liddell (cancelled because of injury)

The part where they said "well Miesha shouldn't want to lose to Ronda so soon anyway" which I bolded is what really triggered my anger. What type of rubbish was that... That was really insulting. He's really smoking that good shit.

wUIN7xT.gif

Yeah. On second thought, as others had said already, Miesha should just give Dana the middle finger and take that vacation on the beach or whatever until she gets what she was promised. If not that, I hope she derails and beats up any future challenger just to get on their nerves.

Dana, all I have to say in response is

giphy.gif

Seriously, what the FUCK did I just watch??

my god

And as bad as the fight was, the announcer is even worse. I've seen public address announcers at middle school girls basketball games that were better than this schlub.

Come on, then why did you say it was going to happen? I guess he wanted to gauge interest and there isn't enough. He'd rather manufacture it for Holly because it's easier to tell lies when there isn't actual proof to the contrary. This isn't as bad as with Correia, but they are rushing Holly into this.

WWE type booking, when your #1 contender has to fight to stay #1, while you give the title shot to some other person. Tate is the only one in the division who even remotley has a chance of winning.

Make a 145 division. Let Miesha be champ and beat a couple fighters. I guarantee Ronda starts piping up saying she wants piece of Miesha and her title. Then bring Cyborg over. Then we will see how bad Ronda is.

This was the entire reason of acquiring Holm. Instead of having her climb the ladder for the inevitable, how about rushing this 1-2 years before it should actually take place?

Tate was robbed of a third fight. That much is proven. Especially with what she has done lately.

Dana Baldfather is basically admitting they want to make as much money off Ronda while they can instead of growing her or the sport of WMMA long term. If Ronda is such a big star, people will pay to see her fight Miesha again. Shit, they paid to see her fight Bethe. He probably knows Ronda will quit MMA sooner than later.

Cain was the champ. Tate was annihilated twice by the champ. They're really not remotely comparable.

I don't think Cain deserved the re-match either, but he sure as heck deserves it a LOT more than Tate.

Tate won fights after losing. A bunch actually. Cain won 0. I'm a Cain fan but to argue that Cain deserves a rematch more than Tate is just an absurd sell.

Back