Dana critizing Bob Arum is funny

Who is doing over 1 mil buys on PPV for boxing in a few years? Floyd is almost done as is Manny..

Ward/Guerrero/Canelo/Broner all have potential if they keep dominating the way they are at the moment.

HAHA Hi Bob. Nice to see you on Sherdog. Oh, I'm sorry. You and Don King are both angels and you're not money hungry dirt bags in any way.

lol i thought the same thing. Boxing is seen as a crooked ass sport for a reason. And that reason is the promoters

Who is doing over 1 mil buys on PPV for boxing in a few years? Floyd is almost done as is Manny..

"Oscar is the last of the dying breed. He's the only major attraction at the moment in boxing. And there's no one really on the horizon to replace him."

- so said Bob Arum in Sept of 2004

That's the same Bob Arum who had one Floyd Mayweather Jr under his Top Rank promotional banner at the time he made that statement and was soon to have Manny Pacquiao. We know how that worked out.

But to answer your question, I'd say Canelo Alvarez and Adrien Broner are the most likely candidates with Canelo being almost a given considering he already has a huge amount of drawing power.

Say what you want about Dana, but his take on Marquez/Pacquiao 4 was dead on.

HAHA Hi Bob. Nice to see you on Sherdog. Oh, I'm sorry. You and Don King are both angels and you're not money hungry dirt bags in any way.

I noticed how you ignored the fact that Dana said he would have gone with an easier fight. Also, again what's the sleaziest thing Bob's ever done? I dont give a shit about promoters like you UFC fanboys care about Dana so I'll wait.

lol ....

"Bob Arum is the dumbest promoter in the history of the world."

ahahhaa.. Even thouh Bob's a piece of shit. He probably has made more money promoting, than Dana Whites seen in his life.

I noticed how you ignored the fact that Dana said he would have gone with an easier fight. Also, again what's the sleaziest thing Bob's ever done? I dont give a shit about promoters like you UFC fanboys care about Dana so I'll wait.

Why so hostile towards the sport of MMA? Bob, get the fuck off of MMA boards if you don't want fans hurting your wittle feewings. MMA fans don't like Dana White either.

"Oscar is the last of the dying breed. He's the only major attraction at the moment in boxing. And there's no one really on the horizon to replace him."

- so said Bob Arum in Sept of 2004

That's the same Bob Arum who had one Floyd Mayweather Jr under his Top Rank promotional banner at the time he made that statement and was soon to have Manny Pacquiao. We know how that worked out.

But to answer your question, I'd say Canelo Alvarez and Adrien Broner are the most likely candidates with Canelo being almost a given considering he already has a huge amount of drawing power.

In the past Dana has said the following:

Floyd can't draw shit
Pac beating Delahoya was "bad for boxing"
Floyd v Marquez was a poor fight and no one would buy. Then the UFC got trounced when they went head to head.

Why so hostile towards the sport of MMA? Bob, get the fuck off of MMA boards if you don't want fans hurting your wittle feewings. MMA fans don't like Dana White either.

LOL hostile? I said UFC fanboys, which is different than saying MMA fans. I guess you're a UFC fanboy.

You still didnt answer his question

When the hell did Dana say he'd rather protect his fighters(UFC fighters) than put them in a position to lose?

In 2000 Arum admitted during a federal trial that he bribed the International Boxing Federation president in order to gain a more favorable rating for one of his fighters

In 2007, Floyd Mayweather Jr accused Arum of both underpaying and undermarketing him while exploiting his talents and manipulating officials

Are you to dumb to read between the lines. He's saying he would have put his fighters in against a guy he knew he would KO.

All of a sudden Mayweather is a truthteller on MMA boards, lol. As far as the bribing an IBF guy, who did Dana bribe to get Sonnen a title shot after a loss?

In 2000 Arum admitted during a federal trial that he bribed the International Boxing Federation president in order to gain a more favorable rating for one of his fighters

He admitted he had to do similar deals with the WBA at one time as well (said he had to pay off the WBA's "bag man", Pepe Cordero, for ratings) and that's when Pat Putnam (I believe) outed boxing's sanctioning bodies over the course of a few articles back in the early 1980's.

Sorry guys, but I 100% agree with Dana on this one.
There was always a huge risk of Pacquiao losing against Marquez, irreparably damaging the possibility of a Mayweather bout... potentially the biggest money draw in the history of combat sports. That is exactly what happened. Much hype has been lost that can never be regained again.

Dana is living true to his word. Best recent example is matching up GSP with Diaz, when everyone in the MMA world knows that Hendricks is the legitimate #1 contender. GSP is coming off of a 19 month injury and is badly in need of a couple tune-up fights before facing a true powerhouse like Hendricks. (the fight against Condit could not be avoided since it was the title unification bout).
GSP is (reportedly) the biggest draw in the UFC right now, and to risk losing that to a freak loss to Hendricks (who is comparably a nobody) would deal a massive blow to the profitability of the UFC.
Just the same with the Silva vs. Bonnar fight. If you replace Bonnar with any dangerous LHW, I promise you that Anderson would not have been called to fill in for the Rio card.

-

In the past Dana has said the following:

Floyd can't draw shit
Pac beating Delahoya was "bad for boxing"
Floyd v Marquez was a poor fight and no one would buy. Then the UFC got trounced when they went head to head.

Compared to do the business he's done the last five years or so, yeah, there was a time before that when a statement like "Floyd can't draw shit" would have held a lot of truth to it. Even people in the boxing business were saying similar things back then, although without the harshness in the wording.

Compared to do the business he's done the last five years or so, yeah, there was a time before that when a statement like "Floyd can't draw shit" would have held a lot of truth to it. Even people in the boxing business were saying similar things back then, although without the harshness in the wording.

This was after the ODLH fight.

Are you to dumb to read between the lines. He's saying he would have put his fighters in against a guy he knew he would KO.

Dana just giving his oppinion on who Paquioa should have fought,alot of people including myself thought paquioa should have gone for bradly instead of a jmm 4

if dana was protecting his fighters he wouldnt have put anderson silva back in with a guy that was minutes away from beating him they're first fight

All of a sudden Mayweather is a truthteller on MMA boards, lol. As far as the bribing an IBF guy, who did Dana bribe to get Sonnen a title shot after a loss?

The same person Arum bribed to get Antonio Margarito a title shot after a suspension and beating a guy with illegal plaster in his gloves

Back