Dana critizing Bob Arum is funny

BR

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Considering his two biggest PPV draws couldn't get clost to the 1.15 MIL ppv buys Pac/Marquez made. Also, what's this talk about putting him in with Bradley because he was an easier opponent? Isn't it the big myth around sherdog/Dana White that boxing doesnt give people the best fights? He pretty much admitted that he would rather protect his fighters than put them in a position to lose. Finally, he's an idiot if he thinks Marquez is some no-name. I was at the MGM. Cheapest ticket was $400 and the crowd was 80-20 in favor of Marquez and the gate was over 10 mil. Dana wishes there was a guy in the UFC that could draw that.

Considering his two biggest PPV draws couldn't get clost to the 1.15 MIL ppv buys Pac/Marquez made. Also, what's this talk about putting him in with Bradley because he was an easier opponent? Isn't it the big myth around sherdog/Dana White that boxing doesnt give people the best fights? He pretty much admitted that he would rather protect his fighters than put them in a position to lose. Finally, he's an idiot if he thinks Marquez is some no-name. I was at the MGM. Cheapest ticket was $400 and the crowd was 80-20 in favor of Marquez and the gate was over 10 mil. Dana wishes there was a guy in the UFC that could draw that.

Dana is jealous he's not making that Bob Arum money.gif :p

s25z68.jpg

Dana just has it in for Arum ever since Bob made that oodles comment.

And he's just tryna sell his brand and trash everything else around him, pretty simple.

To be fair he does have a sport with hundreds of years of history and is far, far more cuturally ingrained almost worldwide..

But in the end, they're promoters and everything they say should be taken alongside enough salt to rival what's in the Kehwra salt reserves.

Dana just says shit so he can get some publicity.... PPl in the boxing community dont even know who Dana White is

hes def right about the marquez fourth fight, terrible decision, marquuez almost won every single fight

hes def right about the marquez fourth fight, terrible decision, marquuez almost won every single fight

So if Jon Jones had a foe who most people thought was his equal you'd rather have Jones fight an easier opponent as a fan?

To be fair he does have a sport with hundreds of years of history and is far, far more cuturally ingrained almost worldwide..

But in the end, they're promoters and everything they say should be taken alongside enough salt to rival what's in the Kehwra salt reserves.

This ^

When the hell did Dana say he'd rather protect his fighters than put them in a position to lose? I thought it was pretty obvious that Dana cares more about money than the fighters. And Arum is a much bigger sleazeball than Dana could ever hope to be.

When the hell did Dana say he'd rather protect his fighters than put them in a position to lose? I thought it was pretty obvious that Dana cares more about money than the fighters. And Arum is a much bigger sleazeball than Dana could ever hope to be.

"[Pacquiao] should have fought [Timothy] Bradley. Bradley

So if Jon Jones had a foe who most people thought was his equal you'd rather have Jones fight an easier opponent as a fan?

i would if i were a promoter - i wouldnt if i were a fan - thats an obvious difference that is easy to see

White thinks that Pac/Marquez 4 was dumb but Jones/Sonnen and GSP/Diaz are okay.

Who is doing over 1 mil buys on PPV for boxing in a few years? Floyd is almost done as is Manny..

I bet Bob Arum wouldn't have put only one fight on the card for his promotion's FOX debut.

Who is doing over 1 mil buys on PPV for boxing in a few years? Floyd is almost done as is Manny..

What's that got to do with anything? Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has done over 500k which is what Silva has been doing.

White thinks that Pac/Marquez 4 was dumb but Jones/Sonnen and GSP/Diaz are okay.

LOL!

Pac/Marquez 4 was made after that controversial decision, so in my opinion, that was smart matchmaking. There was more buzz for the fourth fight.

Dana is talking out of his ass, because he would have done the exact same thing.
And as a matter of fact, he has done this several times before: Maynard vs. Edgar rematch; BJ Penn vs. Edgar rematch.

I'm sure there has been more similar examples.

I pity the fools who eat up what Dana said out of his ass with a spoon. :icon_twis

Back