Dana confirms Usman vs Covington 2

People are still calling him snoozeman despite his action packed title reign. Itll unfortunately be like the mindless Diaz fans who never could let go of carlos Condit's 1 safe performance against nick despite a lengthy resume of violence. Some will never let go of the fact that he used to fight safer, and the first mas performance.

Hey, I was a Condit fan, but I was also a Diaz fan. I would have less of a problem with Condit's performance had he not marketed the fight as going to be a war. I think any fan, at the time, was beyond stoked for that fight, myself included. The Natural Born Runner fought how he thought he needed to, which I take no issue with. I don't respect that performance much, and I would have forgotten it by now, but the main thing is he chicken shitted out, after promising a different type of fight. I am not a just bleed fan, but I think that match-up was capable of offering so much more than baby leg kicking, point fighting, and running in circles for 5 rounds, in such an epic match-up.

Marty has looked fantastic throughout his run. He is a tough fight for anybody. Colby fought him well the 1st time, and this rematch should, hopefully, offer an equally entertaining and competitive fight. He probably has as good of a chance against Marty as anyone, right now.

Wonderboy really? I like his style but he is clearly past prime and imo desperately lacks a quality win for title contention.
It would play out with Wonderboy running and Usman chasing for 5 rounds.

Retire or leave the weightclass because he is "ONLY" nr.2 o_O 155 is out of question for Colby he said this before and why should he even think about it.
He is the second best fighter in a deep weight class in the best MMA org of the world. Why should that ever be a reason to retire or leave .
How do you know whether or not he's the second best fighter in the Welterweight division?

this. woodley former champ and still was elite when he fought colby. street judas was a gatekeeper who fluked his way into a ko win over askren. beating nate diaz isnt impressive. colby will beat usman again. colby bless.
Covington fans are full of shit. The extent these guys will go to convince themselves that a lie is true.
How was Woodley still elite when he fought Covington. The guy already lost twice by the time they fought. That fight was less than a years ago and Woodley is no longer in the UFC.

Rough match for Covington. They were virtually equal in the first one but Usman has shown some significant improvements.

I think it's disingenuous to say that Covington only won his match because his opponent slipped, while in the same sentence credit Usman for improvements when he beats a fighter like Masvidal.

When you fight a weak opponent you tend to look better, not a hard concept to understand.
did you miss the part where usman finished colby, burns, and masvidal?

if you don't want to acknowledge he's improving, that's your choice. but it's kind of obvious to everyone else that usman went from a guy who took people down and outgrappled them to a guy who breaks top contenders' jaws and knocks strikers out cold.

Covington fans are full of shit. The extent these guys will go to convince themselves that a lie is true.
How was Woodley still elite when he fought Covington. The guy already lost twice by the time they fought. That fight was less than a years ago and Woodley is no longer in the UFC.

Elite doesn't mean champ imo. If I brought woodley into one of the local gyms i'm sure he'd work everyone in there. If I took him into a well-known, high level gym people would still be lining up to roll with him or see how good he is.

Woodley may not be who he was... but he's still a mother fucking badass.

did you miss the part where usman finished colby, burns, and masvidal?

if you don't want to acknowledge he's improving, that's your choice. but it's kind of obvious to everyone else that usman went from a guy who took people down and outgrappled them to a guy who breaks top contenders' jaws and knocks strikers out cold.

Anyone who doesn't give Usman his props is just being bias. I haven't like his style or his personality in the past but dude is making some waves out there.

How do you know whether or not he's the second best fighter in the Welterweight division?

If you want call him 4th best I dont care. He is elite I think we do not differ on that. This is top5 in my book. I see him nr.2 because he gave Usman by far the best fight to date but doesnt really matter nr.2, 3 or 4. Its about matchmaking. He is the only one right now were I am interested in a rematch with Usman. The first one imo was Usmans best title defense and that was in large parts to Colbys agressive output.

I'm interested in the match-up but would need a strong undercard to make me tune in.

Masvidal has a far better resume than Askren

I mean, not really, but Ben is still the most accomplished fighter Masvidal has beat, so not sure what you're even trying to argue here guy.

I like it, but if Colby wins - we're probably getting a trilogy. Seems like UFC are not feeling Leon.
Were at the point of whoever beats Usman it's going to be a trilogy unless it's just a one sided beatdown that I don't see happening.

Leon is getting a gift fight with Nate Diaz. The same fans who will say Woodley was washed up when Colby beat him don't have anything to say when it's brought up Leon will be getting his TS off beating Nate Diaz (lol)

Lol imagine actually believing this take after watching a guy cheat his way to survival and then get an early stoppage while losing on the score cards <FookIsThatGuy>
you are trolling right?
so you think colby is the favorite?
bet with me
whatever amount you want ill match it
how about 2000 dollars? im serious

If you want to know just how stupid Sherdog is as a collective, just read the posts in lead up to the first fight. The number of people who thought it was going to be a boring fight is simply astounding.

What was dumber were the people who'd never watched Usman fight before and kept claiming that he was going to gas out after the first couple of rounds and get drowned by Colby's volume.

People around here were talking about him like he was Woodley.

you are trolling right?
so you think colby is the favorite?
bet with me
whatever amount you want ill match it
how about 2000 dollars? im serious
Can you discern past from future? I'm serious.

Can you discern past from future? I'm serious.
but you do understand that you are in a huge minority with your take right?
do you believe colby is a better striker than usman?
or do you think he is able to take usman down and out wrestle him?

dont mind me being curious its really rare to find someone with such a crazy opinion

Back