Dana confirms Usman vs Covington 2

I really like Colby, he has grown on me. You have to understand in his case, he really is playing a WWE character. I have seen instances on video with him being a cool guy and he has done what he needed to do to build a bigger profile

I actually like Usman too. I think his personality has grown since being champ and I enjoy his fights more each time

May the best man. I would favour Usman over anyone righ now, but Colby is the one guy capable of getting the W

I hope this gets done, as this is the rematch that should have happened

This is what I mean.

It's all an act; which is why even Colby doesn't believe that beating a washed up fighter on a 2 fight (10 straight round) losing streak entitles him to a shot at the belt.

This stuff is all fun and whatnot, but wouldn't we rather watch guys protect their place in the rankings and fight top guys; as opposed to being as inactive as possible so that they can claim being unbeaten since they lost a competitive fight against the champ?

Last edited:
What is this Usman improvements bullshit. Masvidal has never been more than a gatekeeper. His greatest claim to fame was KOing a washed up Askren.

people out here acting like beating Masvidal is more impressive than Woodley nowadays
this. woodley former champ and still was elite when he fought colby. street judas was a gatekeeper who fluked his way into a ko win over askren. beating nate diaz isnt impressive. colby will beat usman again. colby bless.

Did anyone actually read the article, or did you guys just read the clickbait headline?
From the article "White did not confirm the bout or share a timeline for the potential rematch with Colby Covington. However, he had put Covington's name in the mix in the lead-up to UFC 261 and announced him as the next challenger to the title if Usman defeated Masvidal."
This is actually a walking back of what Dana said in the aftermath of UFC 261 were he said Colby is next. He was actually non-committal, here is the video referenced in the article:
from 3:00

this. woodley former champ and still was elite when he fought colby. street judas was a gatekeeper who fluked his way into a ko win over askren. beating nate diaz isnt impressive. colby will beat usman again. colby bless.

TWood lost 10 straight rounds; there's a difference in being ranked high and being elite.

Hopefully Colby's been working on his boxing and footwork; because if not Usman's going to do some real damage this time.

It's going to be ugly.

I am pumped for this rematch, Colby is the only one who pushed Usman, Burns rocked him quickly but after that he had nothing for Usman, Usman vs Colby was a split draw going into round 5

This is what I mean.

It's all an act; which is why even Colby doesn't believe that beating a washed up fighter on a 2 fight (10 straight round) losing streak doesn't entitle him to a shot at the belt.

This stuff is all fun and whatnot, but wouldn't we rather watch guys protect their place in the rankings and fight top guys; as opposed to being as inactive as possible so that they can claim being unbeaten since they lost a competitive fight against the champ?
Nobody thinks beating the ghost of Woodley by itself merits a title shot. It's more that Usman-Covington I was competitive and one of the best WW title fights of all time.

If Leon Edwards knocks out Nate Diaz I could see Leon jumping ahead of Colby though. Dana said before Leon-Belal that if Leon won that fight impressively he'd get a TS. That didn't happen unfortunately.

Kamaru fakenewsman is done. Colby WAR!

Nobody thinks beating the ghost of Woodley by itself merits a title shot. It's more that Usman-Covington I was competitive and one of the best WW title fights of all time.

If Leon Edwards knocks out Nate Diaz I could see Leon jumping ahead of Colby though. Dana said before Leon-Belal that if Leon won that fight impressively he'd get a TS. That didn't happen unfortunately.

I agree that it was a great fight.

That doesn't mean that Colby has a chance of beating Usman.
Anyone who re-watches the fight is going to see both fighters landing at about the same clip, with one fighter landing significantly harder than the other.

I seriously doubt that the version of the champ that we saw that night breaks any UFC WW's jaw with one punch.

He needs to earn his way back to a title fight instead of sitting and waiting.
I'm not too keen on Edwards' similar approach of sitting and waiting. The only difference is the fact that he's on an 8 +1 fight unbeaten streak.

Ok.
So you haven’t noticed Usman’s improvements, or Woodley’s slip to mediocrity.

I think it's disingenuous to say that Covington only won his match because his opponent slipped, while in the same sentence credit Usman for improvements when he beats a fighter like Masvidal.

When you fight a weak opponent you tend to look better, not a hard concept to understand.

No he wasn't, wtf are you idiots on about. Woodley came off back to back ass beatings from Kamaru and Burns before Colby finally worked up the courage to fight him. He was clearly past it with the Burns fight, and most definitely was going into the Colby fight.

Did anyone actually read the article, or did you guys just read the clickbait headline?
From the article "White did not confirm the bout or share a timeline for the potential rematch with Colby Covington. However, he had put Covington's name in the mix in the lead-up to UFC 261 and announced him as the next challenger to the title if Usman defeated Masvidal."
This is actually a walking back of what Dana said in the aftermath of UFC 261 were he said Colby is next. He was actually non-committal, here is the video referenced in the article:
from 3:00

Been brought up a couple times and nobody seems to care.

What is this Usman improvements bullshit. Masvidal has never been more than a gatekeeper. His greatest claim to fame was KOing a washed up Askren.

people out here acting like beating Masvidal is more impressive than Woodley nowadays

usman knocked out cold 2 people that sherdog said he couldnt do.

Two wrestlers sloppy k1 match = one of the greatest fights I’ve ever seen -Dana white
The fight was exciting but come on now

it almost like that what was said before he burns fight. look what happened.

Everybody looks like a world beater when facing weaker competition. Its a lot easier to strike with a fighter that will never attempt a takedown than it is when facing an elite wrestler like Woodley or Covington

download.jpg

I think it's disingenuous to say that Covington only won his match because his opponent slipped, while in the same sentence credit Usman for improvements when he beats a fighter like Masvidal.

When you fight a weak opponent you tend to look better, not a hard concept to understand.

Why would it be disingenuous?
It’s true.
You watch the fights, you should see it.

Back