Dana confirms Usman vs Covington 2

Not feeling too confident in Colby's chances after seeing Usman's improvements

After the first fight, I didn't see how Colby could beat Usman as long as the champ adjusted in the rematch.

After seeing Usman's last 3 fights I doubt it'll even be competitive.

Who knows, though. MMA is weird.

Lol imagine actually believing this take after watching a guy cheat his way to survival and then get an early stoppage while losing on the score cards <FookIsThatGuy>
Colby gauged his eye buds. Then Usman broke colbys jaw and finished him with strikes.

imagine not remembering that.

What is this Usman improvements bullshit. Masvidal has never been more than a gatekeeper. His greatest claim to fame was KOing a washed up Askren.

people out here acting like beating Masvidal is more impressive than Woodley nowadays
Beating Masvidal isn’t overly impressive....knocking him out with one punch is clearly impressive

Colby won't be able to run out of the octagon this time because he'll be leaving on a stretcher.

giphy.gif

Don't worry, all the Colby fans will surely bet the house on him and post their bet slips as proof since it's obvious Usman has nothing for him.

yeah, but the style matchup made it so it's a fair assumption to think it was going to end up a brawl between 2 grapplers.

There were fights between 2 same level grapplers and many were boring fights (point fighting stand up fights)

If you want to know just how stupid Sherdog is as a collective, just read the posts in lead up to the first fight. The number of people who thought it was going to be a boring fight is simply astounding.
... they were right, Im not sure what you were watching but 2 wrestlers with average stand up cracking each other isnt exactly fight of the year.

I really like Colby, he has grown on me. You have to understand in his case, he really is playing a WWE character. I have seen instances on video with him being a cool guy and he has done what he needed to do to build a bigger profile

I actually like Usman too. I think his personality has grown since being champ and I enjoy his fights more each time

May the best man. I would favour Usman over anyone righ now, but Colby is the one guy capable of getting the W

I hope this gets done, as this is the rematch that should have happened

Oh great, another undeserved rematch at WW.

ffs Usman should fight Leon or Wonderboy already

Wonderboy really? I like his style but he is clearly past prime and imo desperately lacks a quality win for title contention.
It would play out with Wonderboy running and Usman chasing for 5 rounds.

What will Colby do if he loses again? 155? Retire?

Retire or leave the weightclass because he is "ONLY" nr.2 o_O 155 is out of question for Colby he said this before and why should he even think about it.
He is the second best fighter in a deep weight class in the best MMA org of the world. Why should that ever be a reason to retire or leave .

If you want to know just how stupid Sherdog is as a collective, just read the posts in lead up to the first fight. The number of people who thought it was going to be a boring fight is simply astounding.

Usman was boring as hell just a few fights ago so there were legit reasons for thinking it

Two wrestlers sloppy k1 match = one of the greatest fights I’ve ever seen -Dana white
The fight was exciting but come on now

There is a friend of his who constantly speaks in such a manner. No need to mention their name.

I assume, by overdramatizing and elevating the issue at hand to a level that removes common sense and knowledge, they can somehow dupe people to see things their way.

What is this Usman improvements bullshit. Masvidal has never been more than a gatekeeper. His greatest claim to fame was KOing a washed up Askren.

people out here acting like beating Masvidal is more impressive than Woodley nowadays

Ok.
So you haven’t noticed Usman’s improvements, or Woodley’s slip to mediocrity.

There were fights between 2 same level grapplers and many were boring fights (point fighting stand up fights)

it's not just that they're 2 grapplers. it's the way they both fight. they're both aggressive, lacking in the striking defense, and use their striking in volume. not to mention it's for the title.

if it's Demian Maia vs Woodley, not many people are going to pick it being a brawl because they're different kinds of fighters with much less aggressive striking.

Usman will win easier this time. I expect a finish in the first or second round.

Retire or leave the weightclass because he is "ONLY" nr.2 o_O 155 is out of question for Colby he said this before and why should he even think about it.
He is the second best fighter in a deep weight class in the best MMA org of the world. Why should that ever be a reason to retire or leave .
I was just thinking out loud because, with 2 losses to the champ, he wouldn't be able to compete for the belt as long as Usman remains champ. He'd be in limbo unless he racked up a massive win streak or Usman dropped it.

Hell, Edgar was ex-champ and was robbed the second fight, yet losing to Bendo twice made him have to drop to 145.

Fight Masvidal.
Yeah I know, but I'm saying longer term.

Back