Dana: "Artem might kill Mike Jackson"

Dana thinks a man with 30 fights can beat a guy with 2? Astounding.

Since the CM Punk experiment failed they should probably put a little bit behind Jackson, maybe put him on the contender series or whatever and build him up could be a mid level attraction.

Nah let's just bash him instead
I'd rather him bash then to try to make a star out of a guy who beat a 0-1 pro wrestler to improve his own record to 1-1.

He was clowing against CM Punk. He moves well enough to stay away from Lobov who doesn't move forward well and has zero head movement. You guys don't realize how much of an advantage having such a ridiculous reach advantage is in striking. I don't think he's nearly as good of a fighter as Lobov, but that's different than saying who would win head to head if it were a stand up only fight.

I already said Lobov could take him down and beat him if he fought smart.

Pay attention. I just pointed out that Artem KTFO out of a much better fighter than Jackson with a longer reach. Julian Erosa is a real fighter with a winning record. Not quite UFC level, but way higher in skill than Jackson.

Reach is meaningless unless the fighter can use it, and Jackson doesn't have any of the talent or experience to do so. You need to get it through your head that he is a can who was only brought in so Punk would have a chance. He's not a good striker and not a good fighter. Artem would walk him down and KO him easily.

I'd rather him bash then to try to make a star out of a guy who beat a 0-1 pro wrestler to improve his own record to 1-1.

I just said put him on the contender series and build him.
He's obviously not going to be the next champion in any division but you can market him a little bit considering the went all out for CM Punk.

I just said put him on the contender series and build him.
He's obviously not going to be the next champion in any division but you can market him a little bit considering the went all out for CM Punk.
I'll admit I haven't watched the contender series before, but the premise of building him up with a purpose doesn't sound good. Nobody should be MADE a star.

I'll admit I haven't watched the contender series before, but the premise of building him up with a purpose doesn't sound good. Nobody should be MADE a star.

I don't think you understand how promotion works.
You take what somebody has accomplished and build on it. Granted beating Punk isn't a great feat, Dana's dumbass thought it was good enough to be on the main card. It's all how you present things to people. Win the contender series, work your way up the rankings, he'll have a few extra eyes on him as the guy that beat this guy the UFC spent an awful lot of money on. The tough guy who was supposed to lose but keeps winning. That sort of thing.
I also never said make him a star, I said don't bury him because you want to have a tantrum instead.

Pay attention. I just pointed out that Artem KTFO out of a much better fighter than Jackson with a longer reach. Julian Erosa is a real fighter with a winning record. Not quite UFC level, but way higher in skill than Jackson.

Reach is meaningless unless the fighter can use it, and Jackson doesn't have any of the talent or experience to do so. You need to get it through your head that he is a can who was only brought in so Punk would have a chance. He's not a good striker and not a good fighter. Artem would walk him down and KO him easily.
I didn't watch TUF. After watching that fight I take it back, Artem would walk him down you are right. He was showing better footwork to close the distance than I thought he was capable of.

Last edited:
Artem sparked everybody on TUF u gump.

83XemDU.gif

lol at no footwork or power

When you aim for the king you better not miss.

Smh Artem hasn't "killed" anyone since he arrived in the UFC. All his wins are decisions and Jackson has a legit striking background.

Legit my ass. Mike Jackson would get handled with ease at any point. Mike Jackson is a shittier artem knockoff who is just taller more reach and less skill

I don't watch reality TV. But in his fights he plods forward, he does well when people come after him or trade with him. that's why Jackson wants to fight him, he has the perfect style to give Artem problems in stand up at least.

Artem showed more skill in that fight than mike jackson has his whole career. Go watch his kickboxing fight. It's pretty shit tbh. Hell artem showed more skill in his loss to get into tuf house before being brought back in

Artem showed more skill in that fight than mike jackson has his whole career. Go watch his kickboxing fight. It's pretty shit tbh. Hell artem showed more skill in his loss to get into tuf house before being brought back in
I admitted I was wrong. He has better footwork than I thought, I remember him plodding foward, but when he needed to on TUF he did a pretty good job of pressuring a much taller fighter.

I always knew Artem was a much better fighter overall, I just falsely believed he didn't have the footwork to deal with such a huge reach advantage.

Last edited:
I get he's mad at Mike Jackson and shit, but why's he gotta insult Artem?

He's basically making fun of two of his fighters at the same time.

well, the elephant in the glasshouse here is the fact that they are still trying to make the nonathletic, old, unskilled, and with a 0-0 amateur record and a 0-2 "pro" record an MMA star.

Back