Media Dana and Kayla Harrison exchange words

So this Harrison chick fights at 145 and she wants to get paid beating up out of shape soccer moms because there will be absolutely nobody in a 145 lb women’s division to even fill.

Fight out contract, see if you can work out a one fight or short term deal with Bellator to fight with Cyborg. If she were to beat her the Nunes fight would be a lot more enticing to everyone.

He said the same thing about Ben Askren, then waited until he was mid 30's needing a hip replacement before he signed him. He only says this as he isn't willing to pay their market value so he tries to diminishes her abilities and the organization she fights for. The UFC have been spoon feeding scrubs with mixed records to Nunes & Cyborg yet Kayla Harrison, a two time gold Oympian and undefeated in MMA with a record of 9-0 isn't ready for the likes of someone like Tonya Evinger or Megan Anderson.

They'll give CM Punk, Mike Jackson & James Toney a chance, but when it comes to someone he won't invest in, Kayla Harrison isn't suddenly ready for the UFC.

its because shes making more in the pfl and dana knows this and doesn't want to offer her more or make it seem like the ufc pays less. kayla is basically being given million dollar checks over there.
to invest in her at that amount the ufc would be crazy. there isn't enough depth at 145.

That's not what I said. Cute try though child. You really like Dana huh?
Perhaps you shouldn't write like a petulant child then. I don't have strong feelings about Dana in general, but I'm not stupid enough to believe the sport is better off without him.

The implication that MMA would have gotten to where it is today without them and everyone would make buckets of money is childish fantasy.

So she’s admitting PFL isn’t the best organization?

not nice to her existing employers to call them the B league or C league.
It was public knowledge that WSOF was a feeder league. Dont have much reason to say PFL is the best organization even if you're talking as an employee.

She looks like Liz/Uriah 2.0
Can she make 145 to fight Nunes?

ClutteredFeistyCalf-size_restricted.gif

jCgQJQL.png

Sign her.

Kayla is dominant and puts on exciting fights. The UFC would benefit from having her on the roster. 145 IS dead now...but perhaps she could revive it.

Jarl

He knows better than 99% of people here

coming up in the Boston boxing scene, you go through the fire.

to quote Tito Ortiz, Dana was almost a pro boxer. So, yeah. He understands being a fighter than people seem to realize. Which is a large reason why he’s able to play the position he is.

The only person who ever stated Dana White was a boxer was Dana White. And this supposedly comes from a man who likes to boast about everything and anything DFW or the UFC... yet he doesn't really know his own amateur record (which can not be documented anywhere)??? Yeah, going to have to call bullshit on that. You can be damn sure, if it was legit, DFW would know EXACTLY how many fights he won and lost.

The only thing that can actually be accounted for was the fact he was a boxercise coach. Dana pitched an idea to people that had the money to invest, and they saw an opportunity. Without the Fertitta's, DW would never be where he is right now.

But, if Dana wants to continue perpetuating that foolishness he's a boxer... I think he should step up and fight Jake Paul. Being that Dana was an almost-pro-boxer, it seems like a fair match up. And as much as I can't stand this crossover shit, Jake Paul KO'ing Dana would be glorious to watch, but we would never hear the end of it.

Would be a very intriguing fight. Wondering if her standup is better than Ronda's.

So, I’m assuming ufc made an offer, she didn’t like it and refused. So Dana goes publicly to the media like he has been lately with Jones and Diaz and publicly tries to bait her and put pressure on her to accept a deal

Back