Dan ''The Outlaw'' Hardy VS ''The Immortal'' Matt Brown at FOX 7

hurrdurrp"

Well, here is where it gets tricky, bjj is also about positioning as well as submissions, so its very likely that Hardy will not be able to get back up b/c Brown will easily pass his guard, and half guard sweeps are for high level bjj people with at least a yellow belt. So im afraid Hardy will be in trouble.

lolwut, are Hardy and Brown still in junior BJJ classes or something? Hurrdurrp indeed

Hardy being underestimated once again on sherdog. I think he beats brown fairly easily. Hardy will take advantage of how sloppy Matt's striking is and outmuscle him in the clinch for s UD

Agreed with everything you said, Hardy has become massively underrated around here.

I'm not sure who I want to win so may the best man win! I think it will be a good fight.

Im glad Joe silva and dana white are deciding to make the fights that people want to see rather than try to do every single fight that makes perfect sense for the division each fighter is in. i mean i loved pride fc because of the matchups they had, they looked to put fighters together that would be fireworks and that is what hardy vs brown is.

This has the potential to be FOTN. I'm definely pulling for Brown, but I honestly think he's the underdog in this fight. Hardy's been in there against considerably better competition.

Nice fight, hopefully it will be on the main card. Matt Brown comes to bang, bro, and the FOX audience (if such a contingent truly exists) will remember him from the brutal KTFO of Swick. That same mythical audience would also enjoy seeing a guy with a red mohawk and badass tattoos - I'm not being sarcastic, I really mean that these guys are a nice combination of skills and spectacle, which is what a FOX card needs.

Sonnen-Bisping and Evans-Davis were important fights in terms of ranking and competitiveness (perhaps less so on Davis's part, but still), but they weren't remotely entertaining to anyone who just happened to switch the channel. I'm not saying FOX cards should just be full of "let me bang bro" / "just bleed" mismatches, but there's something to be said for placing value on entertaining match-ups - perhaps at least one fight per main card, to open the show with the aforementioned bang.

Lastly, this is a good match-up in terms of ranking (if you believe in ranking) - Brown was a .500 record guy, but is on a nice roll against low-to-mid-level competition. Hardy went on a dry spell but has rebounded nicely against the same level of competition that Brown has been winning against. Neither guy is going to come close to contendership in the wrestling-dominated Top 10 at WW, but both guys need a step up in competition, which is what this fight is.

Back