Cyborg walking around at 172lbs (drop the 135 canard Ronda fans)

Big girl..

Overall I think the UFC should make the 125 and the 145 division happen for the ladies.

Talent will come in time and the big ones out there need that bigger division.. not many of course but then again the other classes aren't that deep or important just names to fill up the ranks in the end.
why not just leave them with Invicta, and if they manage to grow then bring them in?

at least for 145...although taking lower weights from Invicta will probably sink that ship

If Cyborg wants a super fight then she should face Conor at 145. This shouldn't be a problem since her walk around weight is 172, while Conor's is 165 .. she will still have the size advantage.

Book it, Dana! <33>

So brave of this 170 lbs cheating coward to face such tough fighters like Lina Lansberg.

It's a good thing there's actual women in a real division who's names she can use to stay relevant....

Well, Cyborg also called out Jessica Eye, who moved up from 125. Of course, Eye has also had quite a few losses lately, and has never fought at 145.

Cindy D. called her out again. Because she disposed of Jorina Baars in two rounds, it is not surprising that this fight has not happened.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-13-at-3.30.32-PM-752x440.png

http://entimports.com/2016/05/report-cyborg-to-gain-approximately-29-pounds-following-weigh-in/

Report: Cyborg To Gain Approximately 29 Pounds Following Weigh-in

“Cyborg” could be gaining up to twenty-nine pounds by the time her fight rolls around on Saturday, though:

Lockhart, Cyborg's nutritionist, told me she should be around 165-168 by tomorrow's fight time.

— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) May 13, 2016

5736837a454df_gettyimages_531276942_1bjd0cf-1bjd0rq.jpg

She looks like Skeletor here, 140 is already dangerously low for a girl of Cyborg's height and build. Look how defined she is compared to Smith.

why not just leave them with Invicta, and if they manage to grow then bring them in?

at least for 145...although taking lower weights from Invicta will probably sink that ship

I don't know if it were up to me I'll have a WEC type stuff for all the women and the guys under the 155 lbs division.

No matter if angles playing a trick might've been part of it:
the day I saw the famous Cyborg-Edgar pic, was the day I definitely stopped thinking about Cyborg at 135.

Also:

http://entimports.com/2016/05/report-cyborg-to-gain-approximately-29-pounds-following-weigh-in/

Report: Cyborg To Gain Approximately 29 Pounds Following Weigh-in

“Cyborg” could be gaining up to twenty-nine pounds by the time her fight rolls around on Saturday, though:

Lockhart, Cyborg's nutritionist, told me she should be around 165-168 by tomorrow's fight time.

— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) May 13, 2016

Yep. Would hate to lose that advantage when fighting women who routinely make 125. And she calls other fighters cowards?

Right.

Refusing to fight someone on equal terms. Oh, and before you pull the usual stupid shit you spew, I am not a Ronda fan.

Good, then she can stop calling out 135lbs fighters. She's obviously way bigger right?

Exactly. I can understand why Cyborg does it, because that's where the money fights are, but I don't see how people can white knight her for calling out smaller fighters.

Nobody's expecting her to drop to 135. The issue is that she keeps calling out 135 fighters and expects them to move up.

What would we say if DC called out MWs and then said 'yea, but I can't move down, so you need to move up to fight me, even though I am asking for the fight, not you'. We'd be shitting all over him. No reason not to do the same when it comes to a woman.

Quoted for truth and emphasis ...

I don't know if it were up to me I'll have a WEC type stuff for all the women and the guys under the 155 lbs division.
it's awkward because they need the bigger guys to make sure a card sells. If you put all the small guys in one place, you end up with events that do well locally and die hard fans enjoy, but that ultimately don't put up the kind of numbers UFC events do, and of course most WEC events were not PPV were they?

Urijah Faber was very excited when he found out about the merger, because of the pay structure.

you're basically separating them by what you want to see ... which sucks for thousands of fighters

Exactly. I can understand why Cyborg does it, because that's where the money fights are, but I don't see how people can white knight her for calling out smaller fighters.

Mind boggling, isn't it? The woman wanting to fight a bunch of people smaller than her is the "brave" one. In my world, that is not the way it works.

Let me help you out with that one. The woman works out like a demon.

My point exactly. She works out hard probably every day but I can't find any evidence that she power lifts to bulk up or maintain bulk. Which is what all the haters say.

Well, Cyborg also called out Jessica Eye, who moved up from 125. Of course, Eye has also had quite a few losses lately, and has never fought at 145.

Cindy D. called her out again. Because she disposed of Jorina Baars in two rounds, it is not surprising that this fight has not happened.

I'm surprised she isn't calling for 115ers to stop "ducking" her.

Runs from Germaine deRandamie because she "has to defend her belt in Invicta" supposedly. Two of the girls likely to face her in Invicta look great, Germaine books a fight, and suddenly Cyborg's fighting Lina fucking Lansberg in the UFC.

She's a coward.

Wow. It's almost like people have different body types, metabolisms, and an array of other factors working for and against them.

This notion that she "doesn't want to lose JUST 4 more pounds" is retarded. Why? Why does she just not want to? What reason does she have for that? Who the hell is she supposed to be afraid of at BW?
She can't make the weight, so she's calling other fighters out to meet her in the middle. Wouldn't you guys be calling Dom and the rest of the BW men's division pussies if none of them answered Conor or Aldo's call to meet them at 140??? It's JUST 5 lbs. They could gain that easily with a few steaks.

1 I wouldn't call another fighter a pussy. I've trained. Fighters aren't pussies.

2 I don't have a problem with cyborg staying at her weight now. But it's actually not easy for a woman to gain 5 pounds of muscle to go up in her weight class. And 5 pounds of fat via steaks would do no one a service. Of course I'm not a nutrition expert--so don't take my word for it. Either I don't have a problem with her fighting at 145 or 140. But she's calling out fighters and saying they're scared to move up in weight to fight her and that she's the best female fighter. It's like Jon Jones calling a bunch of middleweights scared or whatever.

3 anyone can lose 5 pounds of muscle. It's not as much work as building the 5 pounds. You just have to stop fucking eating and weight training so much. (Think holocaust--sorry if anyone's offended by that)

Again nutrition experts out there should come forward

5736837a454df_gettyimages_531276942_1bjd0cf-1bjd0rq.jpg

She looks like Skeletor here, 140 is already dangerously low for a girl of Cyborg's height and build. Look how defined she is compared to Smith.

I missed this part. Of course she is defined compared to Smith. Smith used to fight at 125, and only moved up to 135 because the UFC did not have a 125 lbs. class.

And Cyborg can still drop 3-4 lbs. of muscle. And you know it. Of course, you will now introduce some irrelevancy to avoid acknowledging this. And, of course, overlook that her first fight or her first two fights were at 137.

She did not gain muscle by accident, and has to work to keep it on. Change in diet and training, and all of a sudden she is no longer picking on little girls.

It's like Luke Rockhold calling out a welterweight. I'm sure none of them would come to his defense if he did that and I'm sure nobody would say they were ducking Luke if it happened either.

I'm surprised she isn't calling for 115ers to stop "ducking" her.

Runs from Germaine deRandamie because she "has to defend her belt in Invicta" supposedly. Two of the girls likely to face her in Invicta look great, Germaine books a fight, and suddenly Cyborg's fighting Lina fucking Lansberg in the UFC.

She's a coward.

But did not defend her Invicta belt.

Funny how none of the Cyborg "fans" commented on the list of her opposition, when I posted their records and actual weight classes in another thread. In fact, in that thread the TS was saying the same stupid shit.

Right, so she can cut easily. Plenty of fat, and lose some muscle. Other athletes in other combat sports do this all the time to move down a weight class. Hell, people do it in the UFC, including the women.

But Cyborg is "special." Bullshit. She needs to quit calling out girls that fight at 125 or 135 and expect to maintain an ill-gotten size and strength advantage. Or she could forgo the six pound bikini and make weight even easier. With her history of cheating, she sure does expect special treatment.
She drops 26.6 lbs to fight. She says it right in her tweet. That's a lot of weight for a woman. But you say there's really no limit? Just whatever you need to drop you can drop it if you really want to?

Back