Cut Thiago even if he wins

For all you know he had an injury, or got sick, or something else that might have prevented him from cutting the way he normally does. He deserves benefit of the doubt- I say shut your mouth until you know otherwise.

He's fun to watch.

no, force him to heavyweight and match him up with bigfoot in his next fight.

thiago will bang with anyone and he is very dangerous on top of that. the fans and zuffa love that therefore he is going nowhere. love to watch thiago. excited for his fight with hamill

For all you know he had an injury, or got sick, or something else that might have prevented him from cutting the way he normally does. He deserves benefit of the doubt- I say shut your mouth until you know otherwise.

IMHO, he looked a softer than i was expecting.

But to your point, a fighter that has failed 2 tests is already on thin ice. Even if he proffers an excuse, it won't have much weight. Just the way it is....

--and i'm sure that he was real sick as was schlepping his Blackzilan homies around in a helicopter....

If Thiago was ever to be cut it would have been after failing the drug test for a second time, he is an exciting fighter, one of the reasons why I am staying up on a weekday till 3am to watch the card.

2 failed drug tests won't get you cut. Remember, 2 failed tests gets you into the UFC HOF.:redface:

no, force him to heavyweight and match him up with bigfoot in his next fight.

Make it! Good fight.

He told the Brazilian press yesterday that BF should drop to LHW if he wanted to fight him.

Kinda of backfired.

Why cut Thiago? He doesn't cost a lot and is always entertaining. Thiago has a kill or be kill style that most everyone likes, he has only been beaten by champion level fighters and has only missed weight once.

Why? He's an exciting as hell fighter. Though he wont contend he is certainly better than most.
I'm biased though.

I think him being an exciting fighter and the fact that he's good enough to beat anybody who is not realistically going to contend for the title makes him the perfect gatekeeper for the UFC LHW division.

It's not like he just beats up nobodies, he just beat a pretty relevant fighter in Feijao. He also did it impressively and in devastating fashion.

Of course if he misses weight, and gets busted for PEDs and shit, they're going to have to cut him, but it won't be because of how he fights or him just not being skilled enough to cut it in the UFC.

So called fans so quick to disparage a fighter. He may get cut regardless of why he was over weight but I'll wait till more details are available before I start calling for his head.

so quick?

it's not like this is the first time he's done something unprofessional. he submitted non-human urine during a drug test and then came back and got suspended again. missing weight by three pounds is pretty bad.

so quick?

it's not like this is the first time he's done something unprofessional. he submitted non-human urine during a drug test and then came back and got suspended again. missing weight by three pounds is pretty bad.

At least they are all different mistakes and missing weight isn't nearly the issue that a failed drug test is.

At least they are all different mistakes and missing weight isn't nearly the issue that a failed drug test is.

true, true, true. three different mistakes. and one was a positive test for marijuana which is really hard to get up in arms about. i won't argue here. i guess i'm just frustrated that he keeps fucking up because he's wasting his prime away.

i could see him getting hurt and needing money and not having a good camp or being properly trained due to fuck ups 1 and 2. but i dont want to make excuses for him.

Back