Cut Thiago even if he wins

He was not cut as I recall. It was a mutual release from his contract.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/...personal-issues-forced-him-out-of-ufc-on-fx-5
"They are cutting me," he wrote. "Dana [White] gave me my show and win pay to help me deal with the mountain in front of me. Now I have to go make weight a couple times on the regional circuit. I'll be back to the UFC though, I always am."

He was cut, but it was the most amicable cut I've ever seen.

if he loses maybe, but if he wins absolutely not

he's aggressive, and entertaining. yeah. lets cut him.

lol

Hell no, Thiago deserves to be in the UFC. He just Ko'ed an extremely talented fighter in Feijao. So what? he smokes weed? Who cares? Figured people would have realized thats not a big deal at all by now.

Never expected so many Sherdoggers run to discount the TS's comment. I cannot see him being cut if he wins, but he will most likely be cut if he loses. He has failed multiple drug tests and now missed weight. Not a fighter I would want to have on my fav list.

Very well put.

Fuck off, Thiago Silva is the most badass LHW on the roster.

8+Rafael+Cavalcante+vs.+Thiago+Silva+2.gif

Tiago-Alves-GIF.gif

Hell no, Thiago deserves to be in the UFC. He just Ko'ed an extremely talented fighter in Feijao. So what? he smokes weed? Who cares? Figured people would have realized thats not a big deal at all by now.

Have you ever run a business? Most employers care nothing about your personal habits, as long as they don't interfere with your work. However, when Thiago fails a drug test for marijuana, people now have proof of a UFC employee breaking the law. You don't want that. You're also ignoring the positive test for steroid usage.

I don't dislike Thiago, and I don't think he's a bad guy. His fanbase is the exact same as Nick Diaz's though. You guys have imagined some conspiracy to destroy Thiago (or protect the champ from him, as Diaz fans once believed). There's no conspiracy. He's a grown man, and he's subject to the same rules as everyone else. Why should it be ridiculous for him to live by the same standards imposed on the rest of our society?

15-3 with 14 finishes and his only losses coming from Machida, Gus and Evans is not a deserving record? You don't deserve to post threads anymore.

I'll agree with this. He's a very good fighter, and the Rashad fight was close. If he can stay healthy, I think he's capable of being a high level gatekeeper.

Have you ever run a business? Most employers care nothing about your personal habits, as long as they don't interfere with your work. However, when Thiago fails a drug test for marijuana, people now have proof of a UFC employee breaking the law. You don't want that. You're also ignoring the positive test for steroid usage.

I don't dislike Thiago, and I don't think he's a bad guy. His fanbase is the exact same as Nick Diaz's though. You guys have imagined some conspiracy to destroy Thiago (or protect the champ from him, as Diaz fans once believed). There's no conspiracy. He's a grown man, and he's subject to the same rules as everyone else. Why should it be ridiculous for him to live by the same standards imposed on the rest of our society?

Why are you trying to run the UFC? Let Dana and co. do it. Thiago always puts on amazing fights. He's never boring, he looks like a monster and has been either top 10 or very close to top 10 for years. Just watch and enjoy his fights.

Back