Cut the Cormier is overrated crap. Jones is just that good.

Anyone that can go 5 rds with JJ, take JJ down, win a rd, is a legit fighter. Dont be an idiot.

I think all of the LHW's cut for a reason. A few, Jones, Rumble, Gus and Cormier can cut it at HW, that's it. The rest of them are behind DC, I'd bank on it.

I think Jones just cuts to be sure he breaks all records, then he moves up. Perhaps he has some inkling that Cain would own him, but I think it's more bargaining power for more money because he knows he can get it.

HW just isn't the draw it used to be. And Cain rarely fights. Out of everyone else, who even really cares any more? If Stipe could afford to train full time he might have beat JDS. Yet at LHW Jones has been able to rattle off 9 fights against guys with big names or draws.

Rua
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
Belfort
Sonnen
Gus
Tex
DC

You just don't have those kinds of opportunities at HW. And not sure anybody beats Cain anyway. So it LHW really is the money division for him. And yeah I would put DC in the top 5 of either class. Not that I think some of those guys couldn't beat him depending on whose night it was but overall he is good enough to be top 5.

Anyone that can go 5 rds with JJ, take JJ down, win a rd, is a legit fighter. Dont be an idiot.

Who are you talking to? Which posts in this thread was that reply to?

HW just isn't the draw it used to be. And Cain rarely fights. Out of everyone else, who even really cares any more? If Stipe could afford to train full time he might have beat JDS. Yet at LHW Jones has been able to rattle off 9 fights against guys with big names or draws.

Rua
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
Belfort
Sonnen
Gus
Tex
DC

You just don't have those kinds of opportunities at HW. And not sure anybody beats Cain anyway. So it LHW really is the money division for him. And yeah I would put DC in the top 5 of either class. Not that I think some of those guys couldn't beat him depending on whose night it was but overall he is good enough to be top 5.

Well, HW pays the most (if you don't believe me check the salaries).

It's supply and demand, the demand for great heavyweights is higher because there is a short supply of them.

The fact is, there may even be less of them now. Barnett must realize after last night his time as contender is gone. Will he keep fighting as a gatekeeper. Surely hunt knows his time his up. Bigfoot can't compete with the elite of the elite

The remaining ones are Werdum and Cain.

Well, HW pays the most (if you don't believe me check the salaries).

It's supply and demand, the demand for great heavyweights is higher because there is a short supply of them.

Salaries don't include PPV percentage points. And while Jones historically hasn't been a record-braking draw, he has been solid. And no way he gets anywhere close to the same numbers at HW. I agree someone will get paid a good base at HW because of demand. But those last 8 fights of Jones were all title defenses and he has been getting PPV points I'd imagine for quite some time now. While a lot of those guys were on their second half of their careers at least, Jones couldn't have asked for a better 9 names. And he has the title pretty much guaranteed instead of having to go through Cain had he went to HW and then having at best 1-2 fights anybody would care about.

Salaries don't include PPV percentage points. And while Jones historically hasn't been a record-braking draw, he has been solid. And no way he gets anywhere close to the same numbers at HW. I agree someone will get paid a good base at HW because of demand. But those last 8 fights of Jones were all title defenses and he has been getting PPV points I'd imagine for quite some time now. While a lot of those guys were on their second half of their careers at least, Jones couldn't have asked for a better 9 names. And he has the title pretty much guaranteed instead of having to go through Cain had he went to HW and then having at best 1-2 fights anybody would care about.

Not true, when Silva's numbers went up (even against LOW ranked guys) the numbers were good.

Jones/Cain would take Fedor/Crocop for the current biggest fight of the new millennium, bar none.

Because nobody has ever questioned his HW credentials

He is a LHW now and just fought for the LHW title so anybody discrediting him for losing the LHW championship fight would be doing so about him at LHW. I feel like this should be obvious.

And what you meant to type is "no, nobody in this thread said anythign close to he wasn't a top 5 HW so when I called people Shertards I only read the title and assumed people were saying stuff"

Please link any posts of people saying he isn't a top 5 HW from any thread.

i never said anyone said specifically he wasnt a top 5 hw... that was a statement i made... people have been bashing him all night. ive read several comments along the lines "who has he actually beaten" heres a thread still up http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/cormier-old-jones-still-reverted-eye-pokes-2903247/
obviously fighter bashing threads get deleted. there have been quite a few more.

and you are stuck on this lhw thing.... it doesnt really matter who he's beaten at lhw. it is commonly accepted that fighters from heavier divisons are better than fighters at weight classes below them..its why weight classes exist. If Weidman beat jon tomorrow, would you ramble on about jon not beating any MW's?

I shoulda quoted. Pg 1 #3 & #4

There is nothing on page 3 and 4 discrediting him. There are 2 posts right in the beginning of the thread and that is it. I simply don't get these responses to the entire room. If there are 70 posts and 2 of them say one thing and 68 say another, why make a general response to the two?

I think a lot of people just read thread titles and then respond and the condescending ones are always a bit confusing to me when they don't seem to be directed at any actual posts. It isn't a big deal, I was just curious is all.

What else could DC do at that point but show Jon respect? Was he gonna talk shit about how he just lost 4 rounds to 1?

Were you appalled when BigFoot had to be pulled away from Reem after knocking him out? If a fighter not being gracious in victory after a grudge match bothers you, maybe MMA isn't for you? I hear in Cricket they keep it rather cordial.

dc could have done whatever he wanted to at that point. did you even watch the post fight presser? And the big foot situation isnt even remotely similar, that was immedietly after the fight in the heat of battle. i'm a jon jones fan, i usually dont care how he acts, but if you watched the post fight presser, and saw how dc broke down, and how jon acted after seeing dc break down, and it didnt bother you then may god have mercy on your soul.

i never said anyone said specifically he wasnt a top 5 hw... that was a statement i made... people have been bashing him all night. ive read several comments along the lines "who has he actually beaten" heres a thread still up http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/cormier-old-jones-still-reverted-eye-pokes-2903247/
obviously fighter bashing threads get deleted. there have been quite a few more.

and you are stuck on this lhw thing.... it doesnt really matter who he's beaten at lhw. it is commonly accepted that fighters from heavier divisons are better than fighters at weight classes below them..its why weight classes exist. If Weidman beat jon tomorrow, would you ramble on about jon not beating any MW's?
I am "stuck" on this LHW thing because YOU said people were claiming he wasn't a top 5 HW. And yes, people have questioned i am sure who he has beaten at LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHT. So your post about people discrediting him at HEAVYWEIGHT made no sense. But you are gonna just keep arguing it anyway as if the two are the same thing. They aren't.

He had a big speed advantage at HW. And his two best wins came against guys not exactly known for their quickness in Barnett and Bigfoot. Some people, myself included, had been saying since he dropped down that we don't know how his cardio will hold up after a weight cut or how he would do with a speed advantage. He was terrible in rounds 4 and 5. I remember people laughing at of course everything from HW would transfer to LWH and that was just ignorant to assume. And even now there are people (you) that apparently still doesn't get that HW and LHW are two very different weight classes and how you would rank DC would have to depend on the class. He could be as high as second at HW. He could be as low as 6th or 7th at LHW (if you count the champ as #1).

In any event, you made a general post to the room about something nobody said and called people shertards. It is what it is

dc could have done whatever he wanted to at that point. did you even watch the post fight presser? And the big foot situation isnt even remotely similar, that was immedietly after the fight in the heat of battle. i'm a jon jones fan, i usually dont care how he acts, but if you watched the post fight presser, and saw how dc broke down, and how jon acted after seeing dc break down, and it didnt bother you then may god have mercy on your soul.

lol

DC lost a fight, it isn't like his wife was raped

You are watching cage fighting. Try to man up just a little. DC talked a LOT of shit leading up to this fight and you seriously are gonna whine about the victor not being gracious? And you are so full of shit. Did you read BigFoot's comments about Overeem months after the fight? He was ripping on him big time. That is way longer than the presser that night. Is everybody's soul in jeopardy as well than didn't immediately Fed-Ex a box of tissues to Overeem?

dude, as bad as my english and grammar are, yours is even worse. where did i say anyone said he wasnt a top 5 hw.... holy shit.

this is what i said word for word....

"dc is a top 5 hw in the world at the absolute worst lol. fucking shertards."

"and i've read SEVERAL posts throughout the night of countless posters discrediting dc."

where in there did i claim anyone said dc wasnt a top 5 hw?

JJ Vs Cain is the biggest fight that can be made in mma at the moment imo

Not true, when Silva's numbers went up (even against LOW ranked guys) the numbers were good.

Jones/Cain would take Fedor/Crocop for the current biggest fight of the new millennium, bar none.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about how 9 big name fights at LHW and a guaranteed belt pretty much > than possibly not a belt and only a few big names at HW

And at LHW he always could have a superfight with Cain if he wanted, which would give him the only one huge HW payday there is to go along with the 9 bigname fights he has had at LHW.

I think I am done posting to you now This is going nowhere. As usual, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, a Sherdogger in convinced he knows what was the better move for a fighter or the UFC. Yet somehow the LHW champ with 8 title defenses has managed to make it without your help somehow. Although no doubt it is a decision that will haunt him later in life.

lol

DC lost a fight, it isn't like his wife was raped

You are watching cage fighting. Try to man up just a little. DC talked a LOT of shit leading up to this fight and you seriously are gonna whine about the victor not being gracious? And you are so full of shit. Did you read BigFoot's comments about Overeem months after the fight? He was ripping on him big time. That is way longer than the presser that night. Is everybody's soul in jeopardy as well than didn't immediately Fed-Ex a box of tissues to Overeem?

was overeem sitting a few feet away from bigfoot, crying, on the verge of a break down, and showing nothing but respect to bigfoot? no he wasnt. your soul is in jeapordy.

dude, as bad as my english and grammar are, yours is even worse. where did i say anyone said he wasnt a top 5 hw.... holy shit.

this is what i said word for word....

"and i've read SEVERAL posts throughout the night of countless posters discrediting dc."

where in there did i claim anyone said dc wasnt a top 5 hw?

Saying:

implies people have indicated otherwise or else you wouldn't have needed to make that clear.

You are either this stupid or this dishonest when trying to backpedal. I really don't care which at this point.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about how 9 big name fights at LHW and a guaranteed belt pretty much > than possibly not a belt and only a few big names at HW

And at LHW he always could have a superfight with Cain if he wanted, which would give him the only one huge HW payday there is to go along with the 9 bigname fights he has had at LHW.

I think I am done posting to you now This is going nowhere. As usual, my opinion to the contrary, a Sherdogger in convinced he knows what was the better move for a fighter or the UFC. Yet somehow the LHW champ with 8 title defenses has managed to make it without your help somehow. Although no doubt it is a decision that will haunt him later in life.

*Fixed

I understand what you're saying, I just think you're wrong.

Also, that isn't what evidence is. Evidence is data, hard facts. Try finding that, then coming back.

Seriously, what's the deal with shitting on Cormier? Dude is top 3 HW and probably top 3 LHW.

Is he as good as Jones? No. But he's better than Barnett. Now, I know some of you are new fans and don't know any better, but Barnett is a total badass. He was a top 5 HW for a very long time, a great wrestler, great striker with excellent submissions.

Cormier is still top 3, Jones is just number 1. Cormier is still one of the best wrestlers in the sport, one of the best fighters in the sport and personally I think one of the most entertaining in the sport (maybe not trash talk... he sucks at that, but his fights are good).

*Edit: Consider this before you mention Gus has better wrestling... Jones probably didn't train much wrestling at all for Gus and worked damn near exclusively on wrestling for cormier...

It is amazing how the tone changes now that Cormier got beat. lol. I am glad that all of the trolls have eaten their words about all those things Cormier is going to do to Jones. This fight is one of those few times where I decided to favor a fighter (Jones) after Cormier and the UFC decided to exploit Jone's personality and turn this into a TMZ event. It was boring and monotonous to hear that same crap over and over.

Having said that I will say DC is legit. Who knows where he belongs in the ranking since he hasn't fought a Top 10 LHW until last night. I actually think Patrick Cummins will end up being a Top 10, but he wasn't in Top 10 form during their fight.

I have bigger doubts that Cormier is a Top 5 HW than a Top 5 LHW. He has only fought fading heavy weights. And didn't finish part of them.

Back