Cut the Cormier is overrated crap. Jones is just that good.

I'm still wondering what's the point of you discrediting Cormier.

I'm not, but the reality is you can't just bring someone into the UFC, give them a guy who also has never fought in the UFC (or any major organization), and a 50 year old man who recently came off of TRT and give him a title shot against the GOAT and expect it to be a competitive fight.

I'm not, but the reality is you can't just bring someone into the UFC, give them a guy who also has never fought in the UFC (or any major organization), and a 50 year old man who recently came off of TRT and give him a title shot against the GOAT and expect it to be a competitive fight.

I can't look at your previous posts because of teh dubs, but pretty sure you didn't say anything like that before the fight. Why is that?

Yeah, Cormier is definitely not overrated. Gotta hand it to Jones, he fought the fight he needed to. Still think Gus beats his ass in a potential rematch though.

Cormier fought with 100% the right game plan. He stayed on Jones. And, still, Jones won 4-1. He had a wider variety of striking; superior wrestling; and better conditioning.

Jones remains a heel - think of his post-fight behaviour, and his typical dominance in the cage - so maybe more people will now be willing to buy PPVs in hopes of watching him lose. His narcissism is evident, and off-putting. Yet he is now fully part of the Anderson-GSP GOAT conversation. And he should have YEARS of his prime left. At least 4. Maybe 5-6 years.

As much as I loathe typing this, he will go down as the undisputed GOAT. In terms of P4P, there is now a very wide moat - the size of an ocean -between Jones and the other elite fighters of the moment.

Cormier fought with 100% the right game plan. He stayed on Jones. And, still, Jones won 4-1. He had a wider variety of striking; superior wrestling; and better conditioning.

Jones remains a heel - think of his post-fight behaviour, and his typical dominance in the cage - so maybe more people will now be willing to buy PPVs in hopes of watching him lose. His narcissism is evident, and off-putting. Yet he is now fully part of the Anderson-GSP GOAT conversation. And he should have YEARS of his prime left. At least 4. Maybe 5-6 years.

As much as I loathe typing this, he will go down as the undisputed GOAT. In terms of P4P, there is now a very wide moat - the size of an ocean -between Jones and the other elite fighters of the moment.

He thought Jon would keep a distance and wouldn't be prepared to defend the pressuring. He was wrong.

Also, thanks mods for the unicorn ban

Cormier is great, Jones is just greater.

Jones has broken every fighter he's fought, including Gus who QUIT after getting hurt in the 4th. But DC was never broke, just out fought in a chess match. Considering he's already old as dirt and only has 16 fights, DC is a "could have been."

In an alternate universe where DC and Jones meet both at 27 with 20+ fight each... DC walks through him.

Cormier is great, Jones is just greater.

Jones has broken every fighter he's fought, including Gus who QUIT after getting hurt in the 4th. But DC was never broke, just out fought in a chess match. Considering he's already old as dirt and only has 16 fights, DC is a "could have been."

In an alternate universe where DC and Jones meet both at 27 with 20+ fight each... DC walks through him.

I think so too. Disagree on Gus breaking though.

Jones fought great, but I don't see the one sided domination his fans are trying to push. I've never seen Jones' boxing look less effective. I've never seen his clinch game so weak. I'm not trying to knock JJ, he beat DC, but it was hard work and it should be recognized. He out battled a very good fighter, he dragged DC to deep waters and buried him in it.

dc is a top 5 hw in the world at the absolute worst lol. fucking shertards.

I think so too. Disagree on Gus breaking though.

Jones fought great, but I don't see the one sided domination his fans are trying to push. I've never seen Jones' boxing look less ineffective. I've never seen his clinch game so weak. I'm not trying to knock JJ, he beat DC, but it was hard work and it should be recognized. He out battled a very good fighter, he dragged DC to deep waters and buried him in it.

This is all I'm asking. Give DC his due. We give Machida his due.

Cormier didn't get hurt at all in that fight. He clearly lost, but all time greats (Machida/Shogun/Rampage/Vitor et cetera) all looked much worse.

The only one that looked better was Gus, but that was because Gus surprised Jones

This is all I'm asking. Give DC his due. We give Machida his due.

Cormier didn't get hurt at all in that fight. He clearly lost, but all time greats (Machida/Shogun/Rampage/Vitor et cetera) all looked much worse.

The only one that looked better was Gus, but that was because Gus surprised Jones

You're going to have to wait a few weeks. JJ fans are going to celebrate, haters will be bitter.

dc is a top 5 hw in the world at the absolute worst lol. fucking shertards.

What does that have to do with where he is ranked at Light Heavyweight?

Who said otherwise?

Did you actually read any of the posts in the thread or just assume from the title?

Who said otherwise?

Did you actually read any of the posts in the thread or just assume from the title?

why does it even matter where he's "ranked" at lhw? hes 10l-15bs ,ighter than he was when he was one of the best hws in the world.

and i've read SEVERAL posts throughout the night of countless posters discrediting dc.

You're going to have to wait a few weeks. JJ fans are going to celebrate, haters will be bitter.

I just feel bad for Daniel. He really tried. He'll never be champion I fear. He's too old. And the disrespect that Jon gave him was shameful. I understand they both talked shit, but it might have been legit, but DC would have totally buried that hatchet and congratulated Jones shook his hand... whatever. Then Jon had to go and make the poor guy cry. Yeah, I know it's a combat sport don't be a pussy, whatever, but damn the guy gave it all. When he told his corner, "I'm trying", fuck I felt bad for him... he really was giving it his all. I think Jones really got to him psychologically with touching gloves, offering a kind of fake friendship just to piss on him after he won.

I mean, shit, I get it, you're a better fighter. He knows your a better fighter, but instead of letting him congratulate you... ah fuck it, nevermind..

But I really believe if he'd started MMA a couple years earlier and had fought Jones at 32 it would be even better. 36 is old man... I know, because I'm mid 20's and have half the energy I had at 18.

Who said otherwise?

I think all of the LHW's cut for a reason. A few, Jones, Rumble, Gus and Cormier can cut it at HW, that's it. The rest of them are behind DC, I'd bank on it.

I think Jones just cuts to be sure he breaks all records, then he moves up. Perhaps he has some inkling that Cain would own him, but I think it's more bargaining power for more money because he knows he can get it.

I just feel bad for Daniel. He really tried. He'll never be champion I fear. He's too old. And the disrespect that Jon gave him was shameful. I understand they both talked shit, but it might have been legit, but DC would have totally buried that hatchet and congratulated Jones shook his hand... whatever. Then Jon had to go and make the poor guy cry. Yeah, I know it's a combat sport don't be a pussy, whatever, but damn the guy gave it all. When he told his corner, "I'm trying", fuck I felt bad for him... he really was giving it his all. I think Jones really got to him psychologically with touching gloves, offering a kind of fake friendship just to piss on him after he won.

I mean, shit, I get it, you're a better fighter. He knows your a better fighter, but instead of letting him congratulate you... ah fuck it, nevermind..

But I really believe if he'd started MMA a couple years earlier and had fought Jones at 32 it would be even better. 36 is old man... I know, because I'm mid 20's and have half the energy I had at 18.

that was incredibly distasteful of jon to continue on at the presser and after the fight, dc was showing him nothing but respect, and jon didnt even attempt to show any kind of respect back. he could have at the very minimum told dc he respected him as a fighter and shook his hand after dc broke down at the presser saying he had to put himself back together.

that was incredibly distasteful of jon to continue on at the presser and after the fight, dc was showing him nothing but respect, and jon didnt even attempt to show any kind of respect back. he could have at the very minimum told dc he respected him as a fighter and shook his hand after dc broke down at the presser saying he had to put himself back together.

The fucked up thing about it is, Jones absolutely respects DC as a fighter. He said he was sure he would fight DC again because he thought few if anyone would beat Cormier at LHW.

But he gets joy out of others misery. It's just a little sick to me.

lol at "possibly"

Jones stuffed DC's takedowns yet couldnt take Gus down at all, even taken down by Gus himself, and you think DC is gonna have any success taking Gus down or trying to wrestle with Gus?

Gustafsson dances circles around DC and busts him up with far superior cripser boxing

Gus beats DC way worse than Jones did

Just because Gus did well wrestling against Jones in one fight doesn't mean he is going to beat Cormier at wrestling if they fight at some later date. Too many variables including injuries, conditioning, camp preparations, mental outlook, striking sets up TD and vice versa, your game plan and opponent game plan, etc.

why does it even matter where he's "ranked" at lhw? hes 10l-15bs ,ighter than he was when he was one of the best hws in the world.

and i've read SEVERAL posts throughout the night of countless posters discrediting dc.

Because nobody has ever questioned his HW credentials

He is a LHW now and just fought for the LHW title so anybody discrediting him for losing the LHW championship fight would be doing so about him at LHW. I feel like this should be obvious.

And what you meant to type is "no, nobody in this thread said anythign close to he wasn't a top 5 HW so when I called people Shertards I only read the title and assumed people were saying stuff"

Please link any posts of people saying he isn't a top 5 HW from any thread.

What else could DC do at that point but show Jon respect? Was he gonna talk shit about how he just lost 4 rounds to 1?

Were you appalled when BigFoot had to be pulled away from Reem after knocking him out? If a fighter not being gracious in victory after a grudge match bothers you, maybe MMA isn't for you? I hear in Cricket they keep it rather cordial.

Back