Cut the Cormier is overrated crap. Jones is just that good.

Blackened

It is a new era!
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, what's the deal with shitting on Cormier? Dude is top 3 HW and probably top 3 LHW.

Is he as good as Jones? No. But he's better than Barnett. Now, I know some of you are new fans and don't know any better, but Barnett is a total badass. He was a top 5 HW for a very long time, a great wrestler, great striker with excellent submissions.

Cormier is still top 3, Jones is just number 1. Cormier is still one of the best wrestlers in the sport, one of the best fighters in the sport and personally I think one of the most entertaining in the sport (maybe not trash talk... he sucks at that, but his fights are good).

*Edit: Consider this before you mention Gus has better wrestling... Jones probably didn't train much wrestling at all for Gus and worked damn near exclusively on wrestling for cormier...

Last edited:
Not really. Cormier fought who, Patrick Cummins? A 50 year old man? He's not really UFC material. Most of his competition was in Strike Force.

His resume isn't impressive. No proof yet he's a top 5 Light Heavyweight. That performance last night was very poor given his supposed credentials.

Not really. Cormier fought who, Patrick Cummins? A 50 year old man? He's not really UFC material. Most of his competition was in Strike Force.

And most of the strike force fighters are now UFC top 10 HW's.

Accept it

Lol here we go, already people ITT discrediting Jones.

His resume isn't impressive. No proof yet he's a top 5 Light Heavyweight. That performance last night was very poor given his supposed credentials.

Not even supposed credentials... credentials.

I'll issue you a challenge, name 5 LHW fighters that would be favored over Cormier without sounding like a total fool.

Ready? Go.

Yep. Its true. Cormier was top 3 undefeated HW that wrestled in the Olympics. Jones is proving to be phenomenal, I think he beats Cain.

Lol here we go, already people ITT discrediting Jones.

I don't like Jones as much as the next guy, but how the fuck are people discrediting Cormier? Dude is easily top 5, not LHW or HW, but fighter on this planet.

I don't like Jones as much as the next guy, but how the fuck are people discrediting Cormier? Dude is easily top 5, not LHW or HW, but fighter on this planet.

I agree, Cormier is a very legit fighter.

Not even supposed credentials... credentials.

I'll issue you a challenge, name 5 LHW fighters that would be favored over Cormier without sounding like a total fool.

Ready? Go.

DC has two wins at LHW. A 4-0 Pat Cummins (at the time of fighting) and 44 year old Dan Henderson. If that is the resume of a top 5 LHW then no wonder the UFC is struggling to create sustained interest.

He's a tiny little fighter who cared more about trash talk and securing a mythical takedown over Jones than actually trying to knock him out. Pathetic display and I wasn't impressed with either guy but DC really was poor.

Lets be realistic here, Cormier IS 36 YEARS OLD and he had a HUGE REACH DISADVANTAGE.

Besides an injuied coming off surgery Shogun on short notice, Cormier was Jones' second greatest gift match-up to make Jones "look great"

Plus who had Cormier ever beaten AT LHW? Cummings and an old Hendo? Get real. Cormier NEVER actually deserved the shot

I wouldnt be suprised if Rashad beat DC

And I know for a fact Gustafsson would beat DC far more impressively than Jones ever did. Gustafsson's length, speed, movement and boxing would be way too much for DC

Also, LOL at anyone who believes Jones would have any chance against Cain. Cain smashes Jones

Hard to say if he's overrated until we see him fight someone else in the top 5 at Light Heavyweight. If he can't beat Rashad and Gustafson then maybe he is overrated if he can beat everyone but Jones then it just puts him in the same position as JDS, Chad Mendes, and Joseph Benavidez

Lets be realistic here, Cormier IS 36 YEARS OLD and he had a HUGE REACH DISADVANTAGE.

Besides an injuied coming off surgery Shogun on short notice, Cormier was Jones' second greatest gift match-up to make Jones "look great"

Plus who had Cormier ever beaten? Cummings and an old Hendo? Get real

And I know for a fact Gustafsson would beat DC far more impressively than Jones ever did. Gustafsson's length, speed, movement and boxing would be way too much for DC

Also, LOL at anyone who believes Jones would have any chance against Cain. Cain smashes Jones

Wrong.

DC has two wins at LHW. A 4-0 Pat Cummins (at the time of fighting) and 44 year old Dan Henderson. If that is the resume of a top 5 LHW then no wonder the UFC is struggling to create sustained interest.

He's a tiny little fighter who cared more about trash talk and securing a mythical takedown over Jones than actually trying to knock him out. Pathetic display and I wasn't impressed with either guy but DC really was poor.

That wasn't the deal, name 5 fighters that can beat him. I'll be waiting.

Hard to say if he's overrated until we see him fight someone else in the top 5 at Light Heavyweight. If he can't beat Rashad and Gustafson then maybe he is overrated if he can beat everyone but Jones then it just puts him in the same position as JDS, Chad Mendes, and Joseph Benavidez

There is in fact a chance you are right. I'm going with Occam's Razor though and saying you're wrong.

If he can't beat Rashad, the HW division is shit and there should be real talk of a merger of the two divisions because HW would be too weak to stand on it's own.

That wasn't the deal, name 5 fighters that can beat him. I'll be waiting.

I haven't agreed to any deal because these were not the terms stated in the OP.

You said "Cut the Cormier is overrated crap. Jones is just that good." I answered your points and said why I disagreed. Cormier has 3 fights at LHW. He's overrated if you rate him as a top 5 LHW. It doesn't matter in what fantasy land he might beat somebody fact is he hasn't beaten anyone of note in that division.

What kind of simple-minded asshat would even try to discredit DC? DC is an animal, and Jones rose to the challenge.

Plus who had Cormier ever beaten AT LHW? Cummings and an old Hendo? Get real. Cormier NEVER actually deserved the shot

Holy jesus get off the hater are, even I have to admit now, Jones is a dick but he's prob the goat

Back