Cut the Cormier is overrated crap. Jones is just that good.

I don't like Jones as much as the next guy, but how the fuck are people discrediting Cormier? Dude is easily top 5, not LHW or HW, but fighter on this planet.

By the end of the week there will be multiple threads asking if Cormier should consider cutting to MW.

Sherdog is never a dull place.

At LHW, possibly Gustaffson but that's probably it.

lol at "possibly"

Jones stuffed DC's takedowns yet couldnt take Gus down at all, even taken down by Gus himself, and you think DC is gonna have any success taking Gus down or trying to wrestle with Gus?

Gustafsson dances circles around DC and busts him up with far superior cripser boxing

Gus beats DC way worse than Jones did

I haven't agreed to any deal because these were not the terms stated in the OP.

You said "Cut the Cormier is overrated crap. Jones is just that good." I answered your points and said why I disagreed. Cormier has 3 fights at LHW. He's overrated if you rate him as a top 5 LHW. It doesn't matter in what fantasy land he might beat somebody fact is he hasn't beaten anyone of note in that division.

Yet again, it's entirely possible you are right. But if you are right, we seriously need to merge the HW and LHW division because that would mean HW is way too shallow.

I'm going off of the assumption (perhaps incorrect) that HW fighters should be able to beat LHW fighters

lol at "possibly"

Jones stuffed DC's takedowns yet couldnt take Gus down at all, even taken down by Gus himself, and you think DC is gonna have any success taking Gus down or trying to wrestle with Gus?

Gustafsson dances circles around DC and busts him up with far superior cripser boxing

Gus beats DC way worse than Jones did

Wrong. There are no definite outcomes in sports. Cormier could possibly slam him on his head and GNP him out.

EDIT:
Look at the post below kid.

Something else to consider is, Jones probably didn't train much wrestling at all for Gus and worked damn near exclusively on wrestling for cormier...

This is incredible...just yesterday most of sherdog was talking about Cormier dumping Jones on his head and dominating him. Just hours later, and now it's not even a good win for Jones.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Jones has an excellent chin and great cardio. But he failed to murder DC. I was disappoint.

The difference between this fight and any other Bones fight is that Bones could not even come close to finishing DC. He gave DC all of his strikes to include knees, elbows, kicks, etc and DC kept going inside to fight and give it back. So striking for JBJ was useless and ineffective against DC. Cormier ate those strikes like candy.

JBJ did however out wrestle DC at his own game. DC was obviously tired at that point having taken all those strikes and continuing to go inside with Jones. Jones did a better job in the wrestling department by stuffing all but one take down and having three of his own.

But to say Cormier is not an elite LHW is silly. DC did what no other LHW was able to do at his size. The only other fighter to drag JBJ into deep waters was Gus but then again, Gus was rocked with elbows and nearly succumbed to JBJ strikes. DC never was even remotely stunned.

In the end, DC still has class in defeat and JBJ lacks an entire world of class in victory. I would like JBJ if only his attitude wasn't such garbage. The guy has the potential to be the GOAT at LHW.....but most fans will overlook it because of his character....and that is truth.

Of course he is legit who knows how good he is in the light heavy divsion tho until he fights a couple top 5.

The difference between this fight and any other Bones fight is that Bones could not even come close to finishing DC. He gave DC all of his strikes to include knees, elbows, kicks, etc and DC kept going inside to fight and give it back. So striking for JBJ was useless and ineffective against DC. Cormier ate those strikes like candy.

JBJ did however out wrestle DC at his own game. DC was obviously tired at that point having taken all those strikes and continuing to go inside with Jones. Jones did a better job in the wrestling department by stuffing all but one take down and having three of his own.

But to say Cormier is not an elite LHW is silly. DC did what no other LHW was able to do at his size. The only other fighter to drag JBJ into deep waters was Gus but then again, Gus was rocked with elbows and nearly succumbed to JBJ strikes. DC never was even remotely stunned.

Jon Jones himself: "DC was an easy fight. Gus was a much tougher fight. Gus was the toughest fight of my career without question"

There you go. Straight from the horses mouth

If u think DC in any way shape or form did better YOURE delusional and Jones himself would disagree with you

What is up with these fucking white belts?

This Boxingislife moron who doesn't know shit about MMA.

Unicorn Princess immediately discrediting Cormier when he/she was saying DC would wreck Jones just a few hours earlier.

DC has two wins at LHW. A 4-0 Pat Cummins (at the time of fighting) and 44 year old Dan Henderson. If that is the resume of a top 5 LHW then no wonder the UFC is struggling to create sustained interest.

He's a tiny little fighter who cared more about trash talk and securing a mythical takedown over Jones than actually trying to knock him out. Pathetic display and I wasn't impressed with either guy but DC really was poor.

We all have fight finder. Too bad we all don't watch fights.

Unicorn Princess immediately discrediting Cormier when he/she was saying DC would wreck Jones just a few hours earlier.

She's a spoiled little princess.

I NEVER said that, i also made threads saying Jon Jones will likely be the GOAT

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/jon-jones-could-lose-daniel-cormier-still-goat-2901621/

i was completely neutral in the entire thing, and also saying you want someone to win isnt the same as saying you THINK someone will win

I don't think there was ever any question if DC was top 5. The question was whether he was #1-#4. Beating Barnett and Bigfoot in a diverent weight class where he had a big speed advantage didn't tell us a whole lot of where he was at LHW. Can he beat Gus? Can he beat Rumble? Could he beat Rashad, Davis, or Tex?

There is no way anybody can say no question he beats any of those guys. Although I would definitely favor him against everyone but Gus and Rumble. But DC has very limited offense. If he can't get you down or clinch to dirty box he almost almost zero outside striking. He is good no question. But he still would need to prove he belongs among the elite, which to me is being in the top #3 (by proving it over the other ranked guys).

Back