Current Training of Zhang Weili and Rose Namajunas

Who is training better for this fight?

• Total voters
I'm confused on what she expects to accomplish wrestling a 17yo 105-pounder. Rose trains with men who are bigger than her.

MammothPastHoiho-size_restricted.gif
Early stoppage

I'm confused on what she expects to accomplish wrestling a 17yo 105-pounder. Rose trains with men who are bigger than her.

Good point. I'm sure that's weili's one and only training partner throughout this whole camp

Namajunas fight IQ will always win her this fight. Weili will bring too much emotion. Namajunas will give Zhang her first submission loss.

Common way to evade a body / leg kick in MT.. just misread it..

Mistaking the head kick for a low kick with that manuever is definitely a mistake you're going to pay for..

It is one that fighters who try to completely avoid damage go for, and it is a risky technique because it leaves other areas obviously extremely exposed. It's a hole in Weili's game that she leaves herself exposed like that. Rose was setting her up for that KO the whole 90 seconds of the fight. It's basically why all of Weili's excuses have been bullshit. Rose got her to buy a feint, and Weili went to a very common defense that she often does. The fight could have been in a gym or a backyard and the same thing would have happened.

It is one that fighters who try to completely avoid damage go for, and it is a risky technique because it leaves other areas obviously extremely exposed. It's a hole in Weili's game that she leaves herself exposed like that. Rose was setting her up for that KO the whole 90 seconds of the fight. It's basically why all of Weili's excuses have been bullshit. Rose got her to buy a feint, and Weili went to a very common defense that she often does. The fight could have been in a gym or a backyard and the same thing would have happened.

That technique is fine if mixed up with other types of defenses.

I'm a massive, massive fan of Weili, but she has some big defensive deficiencies in her game. If Joanna had more power, Weili could have been finished in that fight, she got hit with some ripping crosses in that fight.

Honestly I think Rose will beat her again pretty easily because her stand up game is much more modern / sophisticated.. but I will root for Weili hard because I like her style, she's a cool person, and she fights like a warrior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back