Current Training of Zhang Weili and Rose Namajunas

Who is training better for this fight?

• Total voters
UFC268|Zhang Weili: Rose Namajunas is not friendly, and she is kind of hypocritical
Nov 3, 2021

CGTN Sports Scene

"Zhang Weili on Rose Namajunas: 'I think she will do everything she can to win, by fair means or foul. She is not friendly, and she is kind of hypocritical.'"

UFC268|Zhang Weili: Rose Namajunas is not friendly, and she is kind of hypocritical
Nov 3, 2021

CGTN Sports Scene

"Zhang Weili on Rose Namajunas: 'I think she will do everything she can to win, by fair means or foul. She is not friendly, and she is kind of hypocritical.'"

She's right. Rose is not very respectful at all. She is also very arrogant beach.

I saw some clip of Cejudo coaching Weli while they were watching tape. He is inspirational but he is a dude that does too much mushrooms. He was telling Weili he never pivots when throwing a cross. It's boxing basics and he has amateur boxing experience in terms of putting in a few hundred rounds before his MMA debut. I have to rewatch that clip since I was listening while cooking. I was like wtf that just makes your reach even shorter.

You know what, i also thought that was weird when i watched that video, the one where theyre in his living room. When you mentioned it i went back and watched his fight vs TJ.

Heres the crazy thing, he actually doesn't pivot...

He leaves his back leg behind him until the shot is already thrown, not with the shot. He makes up distance by stepping in with his left foot, not by catching up with the right step. Ive never noticed this until now, but hes doing it pretty consistently. Go watch that fight, the very first right hand at 4:54, fist is already near TJ's face, right foot still entirely behind him.

Rose looks big. She used to walk around at 125 for most of her career, but that's clearly no longer the case. She seems to be cutting more weight to make 115 these days.

You know what, i also thought that was weird when i watched that video, the one where theyre in his living room. When you mentioned it i went back and watched his fight vs TJ.

Heres the crazy thing, he actually doesn't pivot...

He leaves his back leg behind him until the shot is already thrown, not with the shot. He makes up distance by stepping in with his left foot, not by catching up with the right step. Ive never noticed this until now, but hes doing it pretty consistently. Go watch that fight, the very first right hand at 4:54, fist is already near TJ's face, right foot still entirely behind him.
The pivot on the right foot when throwing the cross is basic boxing to generate power or get a few inches more with reach. You can leave your back leg in the same spot and still pivot if you stay in the same spot. I went to look at the TJ fight as you suggested. You are right. He doesn't pivot and his stance is super wide. The wide stance actually jams his leg after he kicks because he cannot return it back to original stance. It is quite interesting since he really has a hybridized stance for MMA.

Back