Current fighter most likely to come out of retirement

mma midwest fan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
There are lots of fighters who say they are retired, though we all know that they are life long competitors who still think they have it in them to win a fight, if not go on a run. Or sometimes they just need the money. Who of the current "retired" fighters do you think is most likely to come out of retirement?

nickdiazfinger.png

Yeah, I don't think Diaz is done.

I do think GSP very well may be after the 2nd ACL tear.

"I'm retired. Completely retired. Unless the UFC wants to renegotiate for something I'm happy with or I'm going to be fighting for the world title, which is obviously going to be for something I'm happy with because I'll make a ton of money."

"But I'm not so sure my heart was ever in it. I don't know what that means. If I'm getting paid what I want to get paid, hell yeah I'm into it. I'm not into it if it's not worth it to me. If they want to renegotiate, I like that. But if not, then I don't give a sh*t. I never loved fighting. I never wanted to fight."

Nick is using his retirement as leverage for a payday. Unless the UFC pays up it's not happening.

Maybe GSP if he feels the itch.

gsp eventhough he is quasi-retired/on vacation.

Fedor, he doesn't have the mileage of a lot of guys his age and could still put on some interesting fights.

Fedor, he doesn't have the mileage of a lot of guys his age and could still put on some interesting fights.

I think he's about the least likely. He seemed like he was mentally done the last couple of years of his actual career. Now that he's a couple of years into retirement, I don't see a chance in hell he comes back.

I think he's about the least likely. He seemed like he was mentally done the last couple of years of his actual career. Now that he's a couple of years into retirement, I don't see a chance in hell he comes back.

Ah, I read the thread title wrong. I thought it was who would you most like to come out of retirement.

I think Fedor certainly COULD fight again but I agree that he probably won't

it's sad, but i think GSP will fight before diaz. there might actually be better odds of fedor coming out retirement than diaz.

the current WW picture is perfect for diaz. he could come in and more than likely get the belt and get some steam going and face GSP when he's back. facing GSP without fighting in a year was a horrible decision for diaz. probably wouldn't matter though. GSP would win the title back and diaz would retire again.

WON'T HAPPEN THOUGH. diaz just likes to come out of hiding every 3 months or so and say he's ready to fight and then complain and go back into hiding.

id love to see matt hughes come out of retirement but most likely is GSP.. its inevitable that he returns even if it is just for one more fight he will be back. he has gas in the tank still

GSP ,I highly doubt Fedor will unretire!

Back