Most bummed out retirement in 2023

Robbie went out on a win so that was cool. I think Shogun, Condit and Frankie are the most painful. Frankie should've called it a career after his fight with Holloway. Carlos wasn't the same after his close fight with Robbie and Shogun should've retired after his fight with Lil Nog.

Death is part of life.

I don't like seeing old dudes get their brains scrambled. I like watching young dudes get their brains scrambled, badly.

I have a few thoughts...

Fuck Masvidal. He's doing just fine with his promotion and sucker punching. Honestly it bums me out Condit retired because I don't really remember his fight but he had such a tough time coming back....
.I'd def say Shogun. He's my favorite fighters out of those. He got finished by a nobody named Ihor and peaced. He became a person who could get outstruck by PAUL CRAIG

I’d rather one of my favs go out like GSP. Than Penn, or Silva.

It would suck to see one of my favs go out on a massive losing streak.

Amanda retired as the GOAT in 2023. As a fan it couldn’t get any better than that. For me there aren’t really sad retirements. I miss watching my favs of course. But seeing them lose several fights in a row would really suck.

Watching zombies last fight was probably the greatest moment in ufc for me, seeing him realise he may not win so f it let’s go out with a bang, what a fight, what a reception, just unbelievable all the way through

For me it’s shogun. Dude got an irrelevant but tough opponent no one heard of and felt like there could’ve been much better matchups for him. Although he should’ve probably retired after the last lil nog fight it still stunk to see him go out like that.

Lawler was cool. Kind of unexpected so it added to the feel-good moment.

KZ was bittersweet but honestly to be expected. I had hoped he could make it a fun fight but this was a mismatch from the start.

Fedor and Edgar hurt to watch. Both should've retired earlier as it is.

Cowboy I couldn't give less of a fuck about. Never cared for him.

Shogun and Fedor were my favorite fighters to retire, but the way Edgar left the sport bummed me out the most.

Fedor and Lawler were feel good moments. Fedor lost but all the people that showed up to pay respects to him in his final fight was a nice moment.

A41I4697.jpg

As the title says: Who were you the most bummed out by their retirement?
Was it Fedor, KZ, Condit, Shogun, Bendo, Cowboy, Edgar, Masvidal or Lawler?
I probably forgot some guys, but for me it's a toss up between Edgar and Shogun.
Neither of them got to speak on their mic afterwards. And in my opinion they're both legends.
Even though Fedor lost, he got to speak in front of all the other guys and they even invited some other fellow fighters.
I basically started to appreciate MMA watching a lot of those guys.
Anyway, who was it for you and why?
None, all of those guys should have retired. It's just part of the sport.

Most bummed is Tony refusing to retire...

I cannot imagine caring more about Donald Cerrone than Frankie Edgar.
Yup, never a fan of him, Fedor, i kind of liked Henderson but he had a decent end of his career and still fought a week ago, all in the same boat.

The very best could retire after losing a bunch and i wouldnt care, they are not relevant by then and i was not a fan, thats Frankie Edgar for me.

Last edited:
Edgar. Imo tons of cringy moments associated with his last streak of kos, from Sandhagen hulking out with the "I'M coming for that BELT!" after koing him, Gutierrez basically trading on the currency of a carbon copy of that knockout to get a tepid main event against song, and then the infamous sub-human frog-man shoops from the chito ko. Glad it's over lol

KZ had a great retirement, Glover had a depressing one.

Having been amazed it his abilites since the inception of his career, For me its Fedor by a mile. When you followed mma and Fedor come along, and then goes about 10 yrs undefeated, At HW was incredible. But to see him go out and get mauled at the later stages of his career was brutal. I think once Fedor was no longer in his physical prime due to ring wear ect. He was long overdue for retirement but was still a fast dynamice puncher. Absolute one of a kind.

Back