Most bummed out retirement in 2023

modemtalking

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
As the title says: Who were you the most bummed out by their retirement?
Was it Fedor, KZ, Condit, Shogun, Bendo, Cowboy, Edgar, Masvidal or Lawler?
I probably forgot some guys, but for me it's a toss up between Edgar and Shogun.
Neither of them got to speak on their mic afterwards. And in my opinion they're both legends.
Even though Fedor lost, he got to speak in front of all the other guys and they even invited some other fellow fighters.
I basically started to appreciate MMA watching a lot of those guys.
Anyway, who was it for you and why?

I'm not really bummed out for any fighter retiring. It's inevitable and if it's their time to move on and then so be it. Thanks for the memories.

As for Fedor, he should have retired earlier, but it's good he finally retired and the respect he got from those legendary fighters that were there was amazing to say the least.

Seeing fighters well past their prime retire never bums me out …..Shogun is top 5 favourite fighters of all time ……I haven’t seen him fight since the Henderson rematch….( saw clip of the Tauna(?) ko ) ……I like seeing my favourites leave one fight early instead of one fight late …..Khabib would probably be the closest thing …..he hadn’t taken much damage and was still ELITE

I'm not really bummed out for any fighter retiring. It's inevitable and if it's their time to move on and then so be it. Thanks for the memories.

As for Fedor, he should have retired earlier, but it's good he finally retired and the respect he got from those legendary fighters that were there was amazing to say the least.
Fedor should definitely have permanently retired FAR earlier.

I guess the money was simply too good to say 'No'.

I probably forgot some guys, but for me it's a toss up between Edgar and Shogun.
Neither of them got to speak on their mic afterwards. And in my opinion they're both legends.
Even though Fedor lost, he got to speak in front of all the other guys and they even invited some other fellow fighters.
For me it’s Cerrone, but it was time for him to retire.

Years ago I’d say Hughes, and recently Robbie Lawler.

The day Gegard retires I’ll be in mourning.

Fedor, KZ, Condit, Shogun, Bendo, Cowboy, Edgar, Masvidal or Lawler?
Pretty much everyone you mention should've either retired long ago or are really due. All of them should be financially covered.

The ones younger than 40 are Condit ( 4-9 in the last decade years or his career) and KZ, that might not even really be retired (Remember he took 4 years out for Military Service)

So none.

Not bummed out at a single retirement u listed...

All those guys were old, loosing to guys they never would've lost in their better days...was a fan of all of them...but it was time to go...

Zombie and Lawler. Followed by Shogun and Condit.

Not so much bummed by the retirement itself, but of those bunch, Condit is the one I felt bad didn't get what I thought he could have in his career, so that's a shame.

The only retirements that are a bummer are ones where a reltively young fighter is forced to retire due to health reasons. Otherwise, even those who choose to walk out during their prine years, good for them.

To say nothing of the way too common sticking around too long ones.

Cannot really think of any health related retirements that meant something for me this year, so guess none were a real bummer.

Out of those probably Cowboy, couldnt care much about the rest, Lawler got out on a nice win.

Back