• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CSAC bans dehydration starting March 1st

As a Brazilian I don't get why the richest state in USA don't get many UFC events.
I would imagine its due to many factors, its expensive to rent a stadium out here compared to Nevada as I would assume the UFC has close ties with the nevada garden place. Also, California has never really been known to hold fight events compared to Nevada and the East Coast. Sure, you had strikeforce, but people in the Bay Area just arn't that interested as I've noticed growning up here and I don't know about LA but it doesn't sound like that either. The only UFC event I heard that was held in the Bay Area was A. Silva vs Sonnen I but that was a while ago and I don't know if the ufc has been back since.

Seriously though, Conor is going to be stripped of the FW title, isn't he? No way he's going to make 145 now.

Its only in California, but if it was everywhere there is no chance Conor could make FW or LW. He would be a WW

You honestly think it makes sense to include an average for a decade before Zuffa even owned the business? When they were a tiny company doing a handful of cards?

What would you say if I told you they've done 15 events just since 2010?

(read: they've done 15 events in CA since 2010)

Someone asked how many events the UFC did per year in Cal. I answered the question. You can "make sense" of the raw data as you wish. :)

This is how it should be anyway. The point of weight classes is to have guys fight at similar weight, but with weight cutting allowed you then ruin the purpose of weight classes.

Statism at its finest. Funny thing is, the same people who love the fact that California lets its citizens smoke weed legally... are also glad that California won't let professional fighters cut 10 pounds of water weight. The "it's their body, they should be able to do what they want" argument suddenly disappears.

What?
Weed isn't legal in California, it's decriminalized and regulated through the medical system.

You're comparing law drafted by the statewide legislature with actions of a regulatory body overseeing athletic competition. Proposition 215 was passed as a general ballot item, the CSAC doesn't put decisions up to vote.

You're comparing law to the rules of an athletic competition. Am I a hypocrite if I'm a soccer fan but I used my hands to type this message?

So basically, no more UFC events in CA?

Unless they do this nationwide and completely rework the weight divisions. Rockhold would get murdered at LHW or HW.

No more title fights for certain. Maybe other fighters will be happy to fight in a different class, doubt it

I'm guessing this is the right decision because this is the same athletic commission that yanked Edmond Tarverdyan's cornerman license.

Only a matter of time before this becomes the norm.

Game changer....the lower weight classes are about to lose alot of talent.

Lets see who's "#1 p4p" now

trollface_werdum.png

Right so 15 events in 5 years in California, running Lesnar, the Fox debut with Cain and JDS, Silva vs Sonnen, and their biggest star Rousey three times.

Seems very unimportant.

They'll probably just offload that to Ohio.

That's one 'big' event a year bro. Who really gives a fuck?

Every year it seems they do more and more shows internationally. That'll take up the slack.

Or yeah, like others said have an all HW card there once a year lol.

This is .. wow. If other AC's follow suit, MMA will not look the same again.

That's one 'big' event a year bro. Who really gives a fuck?

Every year it seems they do more and more shows internationally. That'll take up the slack.

Or yeah, like others said have an all HW card there once a year lol.

GSP vs Conor for MW title.

I spoke to Fedor he said only pussies cut weight anyway.

#burn

Back