• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CSAC bans dehydration starting March 1st

how the fuck is it stupid? why be 1 pound over a weight class and have to go up to a higher one?
If it was only cutting 1 pound, it'd be a non-issue.

Guys fighting @ 170lbs for a 155 lb division is straight retarded.

Also, makes sense why Conor has already moved up to 155, "before this broke."

So, no dehydration, but more time to rehydrate, but no iv to properly rehydrate from your dehydration.

And you guys like this? FOH

I hope this idea gets traction with the NSAC too.

Will put an end to the inevitable comments from casuals like "McGregor weighs 145 lbs!? I'd make him my bitch!"

I don't see how UFC can keep having events in California after this, how can you let certain guys cut weight but the ppl on california cards cannot....

Would make the california cards crazy with everyone fighting out of their normal weight classes
Heavyweight only in ca

Fuck it just do an all HW card in cali like 146. That card was saweeet. Sprinkle in some fights like machida or vitor at LHW.

Would have been a lot crazier if it was the NSAC but as is they just won't hold events in Cali. If and when other commissions start to follow suit we are in for some very interesting times in MMA.

nice, u fixed the title... Now people might read it instead of flipping out and thinking its nation wide..

ONLY IN CALIFORNIA PEOPLE ..
how many events do they do a year there anyways?

I counted 26 Cal events out of 347 total UFC events since 1993, according to Wiki. So in 22-23 years, that's like a little over 1 per year. You are welcome to double check.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_events

Bugs_cuts_off_california.gif

From California but that shit is funny

So everyone basically moves up a division, a 220 or 225b class is created and 125 and possibly 135 go away? If this is nationwide. I mean I don't really see the problem if the UFC being the draconian they are can push fighters to all move up, unless they don't really cut to begin with.

Your list makes me think quite the opposite of what you were going for.

Looking at that list Zuffa won't give too much of a fuck, at all.

Right so 15 events in 5 years in California, running Lesnar, the Fox debut with Cain and JDS, Silva vs Sonnen, and their biggest star Rousey three times.

Seems very unimportant.

They'll probably just offload that to Ohio.

I counted 26 Cal events out of 347 total UFC events since 1993, according to Wiki. So in 22-23 years, that's like a little over 1 per year. You are welcome to double check.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_events

You honestly think it makes sense to include an average for a decade before Zuffa even owned the business? When they were a tiny company doing a handful of cards?

What would you say if I told you they've done 15 events just since 2010?

(read: they've done 15 events in CA since 2010)

it's gonna end up nationwide for UFC if CSAC does a good job coming up with a way to implement it and follows through. btw this is great news. should be a lot of fighters moving weight divisions/restructuring the divisions. looks like 135 or 140 may be the smallest weight class.

I say same day weigh ins.

I know some fighters would be dumb enough to fight dehydrated and risk dying for some perceived advantage, but would they do it half their paycheck disappears and they can't work for a year?

Why would that be better then a dehydration ban? It does the same thing as same day weigh ins but same day weigh ins would, like you said, leads to fighters fighting dehydrated and risk getting seriously hurt or dying. That could ruin the UFC and MMA forever. There is a reason Boxing doesn't do same day weigh ins anymore. If the UFC had a Duk Koo Kim situation it wold never recover. Same day weigh ins don't work!

They will probably reassess the actual weight of the divisions, I think that the UFC has control over the weight limit of the divisions, LHW will probably gain 10 more lbs, the MW will be 195lbs and goes on with the other divisions.

They would probably want to keep most of the fighters in the same divisions if they can. Something like HW limitless, LHW 220lb, MW 200lb, WW 185lb, LW 170lb, FW 160lb, BW 150LB and FlyW 140lb

Back