Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

Why is ETH so stagnant but BTC keeps going up? I moved all my shit to ETH and now I am regretting it.. once I again I chose wrong.

Why is ETH so stagnant but BTC keeps going up? I moved all my shit to ETH and now I am regretting it.. once I again I chose wrong.

You talking ETHOS or Ethereum?

Looks like the market is on the way down, again. I am looking to pick up a small fraction on BTC for the backbone of my portfolio so this might work out nicely.

Market seems to be treading water between 440-470b. Optimistic way of looking at it is at least it's hitting resistance at above 400 billion; pragmatic way of looking at it is that we need BTC to break 20k again to get massive mainstream attention into the market again - and trigger the mother of bull runs.

Institutional money is definitely coming though.

Neither are really doing much. They've been floating in a fairly narrow margin for a few weeks since they all stabilized. I wouldn't worry about it. BTC or ETH are both likely to see serious gains if/when another market burst occurs. Outside of the thousand I have floating in alt coins, I have a little over a thousand in regular coins. Believe at the moment it's like 550 in LTC, and 4-500 each in BTC and ETH, but even if it was all in ETH I wouldn't be concerned.

Tried my luck in some day trading. Small amount, 40ish nano was put at stake. After an entire day, i've done better than 95% of day traders and made profit. Exactly 1 NANO.

jjpxdhd.jpg

I've lost almost three hundred bux since this damn binance fiasco.
Which is kinda good since I've been buying a lot during this dip

PLEASE watch this before going in BA//S deep on ANY investment.

I've lost almost three hundred bux since this damn binance fiasco.
Which is kinda good since I've been buying a lot during this dip

It's a rollercoaster. One day, i'm up 10%, three days later, i'm down 40% on the overall investement.

I'm all out of funds, so i didn't buy any during these dips. But who has the funds currently, all the coins are on sale. Especially ETHOS, Nano and PRL.

But i have been day trading NANO (really jumping up and down the last week) and made 15ish NANO (peasant level, i know). Sucks that i traded ALL of my other alts on so i can have more Nano to daytrade on Binance - CarVertical signed a partnership with BMW, and skyrocketed. Till i transferred the funds back to Kucoin, it was up 110%, then i bought my previous position, and of course it dumped down 30ish% immediately. No regrets, though, i'm still up on Nano daytrades, and made a mini bump to all the previous positions on all other alts i have.

PLEASE watch this before going in BA//S deep on ANY investment.

Solid, well researched piece by Oliver, as usual. No nonsense FUD, no glorifying the times crypto surges, just a buyer beware piece, with sufficient information to get the public interested, but disclaimers on what he doesn't know. I think it will have a positive impact on crypto, we need new people/money in the market if we want the 2017 boom to repeat itself.

The people of Plattsburgh, New York have had enough. On Thursday night, the city council approved an 18-month moratorium on new cryptocurrency mining operations. The temporary ban will be used to figure out what to do with these ding dong miners using up all the electricity.

Plattsburgh Mayor Colin Read told Motherboard his city has the “cheapest electricity in the world” thanks to its close proximity to a hydroelectric dam. The national average for electricity costs is just over 10 cents per kilowatt-hour; in Plattsburgh, it’s just 4.5 cents. But the city decided to offer industrial operations an even better rate of 2 cents per kilowatt-hour. And then the miners came to town.

But it all raises a larger question about the economic value of Bitcoin. When a town drops its electricity rates to encourage industrial investment, and all the extra electricity gets used by miners, what benefit comes to the town? Coinmint is a Puerto Rico-based company, and mining operations don’t exactly create a lot of jobs.

I assume more will follow.

https://gizmodo.com/city-in-new-york-becomes-first-to-ban-new-bitcoin-minin-1823826338

The people of Plattsburgh, New York have had enough. On Thursday night, the city council approved an 18-month moratorium on new cryptocurrency mining operations. The temporary ban will be used to figure out what to do with these ding dong miners using up all the electricity.

Plattsburgh Mayor Colin Read told Motherboard his city has the “cheapest electricity in the world” thanks to its close proximity to a hydroelectric dam. The national average for electricity costs is just over 10 cents per kilowatt-hour; in Plattsburgh, it’s just 4.5 cents. But the city decided to offer industrial operations an even better rate of 2 cents per kilowatt-hour. And then the miners came to town.

But it all raises a larger question about the economic value of Bitcoin. When a town drops its electricity rates to encourage industrial investment, and all the extra electricity gets used by miners, what benefit comes to the town? Coinmint is a Puerto Rico-based company, and mining operations don’t exactly create a lot of jobs.

I assume more will follow.

https://gizmodo.com/city-in-new-york-becomes-first-to-ban-new-bitcoin-minin-1823826338

The intelligent miners are moving out to deserts in the SW and setting up solar panels.

As to what benefit the town gets from miners moving in and taking advantage of cheap electricity: the benefit is clear. People in your town making money and using that money to buy things. Is this not the goal of their plan?

As to what benefit the town gets from miners moving in and taking advantage of cheap electricity: the benefit is clear. People in your town making money and using that money to buy things. Is this not the goal of their plan?

This scenario only works when the people in your town are making money off of it and spending it there. That's yet to be a part of the equation, so the question still stands.

There is an interesting rumour borne out of the latest Palm Beach report that a huge institutional cash injection is coming into the market on or around May 14th. This coincides with the date of one of the biggest crypto conferences/events in the world - where institutional investors engage crypto project teams directly. Let’s see what happens.

https://www.palmbeachgroup.com/content/palm-beach-daily/teeka-tiwari-on-the-crypto-kingmaker/40833/

looks like an infomercial. like somebody selling an exercise regime.

https://pages.exct.palmbeachgroup.c...46decea52d92f7f5167e850a0a&source=180312PbdAd

“I just returned from a three-month, international cryptocurrency investigation. Based on what I found,
I believe we’re on the cusp of a ‘Second Boom.’

Join me as I show you how to get ahead of it,
and potentially pocket some of the biggest
gains of your life.”
– Teeka Tiwari

Teeka: Now, I can’t tell you who the Kingmaker is. I’ve been sworn to secrecy. He likes his privacy and wants to stay behind the scenes.

:rolleyes:

In a series of short videos and an exclusive broadcast, Teeka will show you:

• Why he believes the cryptocurrency market is on the verge of a “Second Boom”, even bigger than the first one…
  • The upcoming event that will kick off this next boom…
  • And what he’s doing personally to prepare—including how you can profit using the same strategy…
  • Plus, you’ll discover why the recent crypto sell-off is a blessing in disguise. Teeka predicted it months ago. It’s part of the reason why he’s revealing this opportunity to you now.

Fuck off with this. Seriously. This is why Facebook and Google banned crypto ads.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@harley...ne-cryptocurrency-training-webinar-scam-alert

So its all real slick. This dude starts harping on how much he and his subscribers to his Palm Beach Scam Group are making in crypto and how you to can make 5000% returns on hundred dollar investments in crypto. All you gotta do is subscribe and follow their picks. They talked about STEEM and Bitcoin and Ethereum and a few other alts.....

Then there are the backup salesmen. Including Charlie Shrem and the CEO of JAXX wallet Anthony Di Lorio. Both have segments on how great crypto is and how its gonna change the world. And how this guy Teeka knows his stuff.

They have this 4 part program called BITS that they use to value coins. (which turns out all the info you can get from coinmarketcap.com)

OK I think. Maybe this is legit.

WRONG
After 60 minutes of BS they get to their insider trading tip on the "HOT NEW UNDERVALUED CRYPTO"

ITS RIPPLE (XRP) LOL
WOW........some groundbreaking stuff there guys......

FINALLY
after harping on about how they discovered this coin (Ripple) and its so undervalued and how its gonna make people millionaires..........they get to the main sales pitch....... and possibly the "free" bitcoin.

FREE Bitcoin?
You get a "gift card"? Worth $200 of Bitcoin if you order their program. (dunno how bitcoin gift cards work)

For the LOW LOW price of just $2500 USD
*Regularly $3000 USD but you get a year free.

What a deal! Pay now with your credit card! Operators are standing by!

So for $2500 dollars for a two year subscription you get a newsletter telling you what coins to buy. And possibly $200 dollars in bitcoin to get your "crypto portfolio" started.

Good grief. I hope nobody really sent them any money. It all seemed geared toward the Florida Retiree Crowd, if you know what I mean.

Why I'm Calling Them Out
Not because I think the STEEMIT community could be SCAMMED buy such idiotic hijinks. But because we all know someone who is interested in crypto that might not be as technical. Who sees the value in crypto but could easily be vulnerable to exploits like this.

We are ambassadors of this new technology.
And we have a duty to educate the rest of the world about crypto and blockchain both the good and the bad.

Last edited:
To quote Malcolm X, when I hear this shit I think you are being duped yourself or trying to dupe me. I don't care which is true. Stop it.

“There exists in society a very special class of persons that I have always referred to as the Believers. These are folks who have chosen to accept a certain religion, philosophy, theory, idea or notion and cling to that belief regardless of any evidence that might, for anyone else, bring it into doubt. They are the ones who encourage and support the fanatics and the frauds of any given age. No amount of evidence, no matter how strong, will bring them any enlightenment. They are the sheep who beg to be fleeced and butchered, and who will battle fiercely to preserve their right to be victimized… patent offices handle an endless succession of inventors who still produce perpetual-motion machines that don't work, but no number of idle flywheels will convince these zealots of their folly; dozens of these patent applications flow in every year. In ashrams all over the world, hopping devotees of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi will never abandon their goal of blissful levitation of their bodies by mind power, despite bruises and sprains aplenty suffered as they bounce about on gym mats like demented (though smiling) frogs, trying to get airborne. Absolutely nothing will discourage them.”
James Randi

Randi also said the people who think they can't be fooled are the easiest people to fool.

What on Earth are you talking about Jones Bones - apologies, but couldn’t finish reading that copious ramble. Life’s too short for that shit. Research the Palm Beach report a bit - ie. read the report. It’s not at all a golden source, but the guy has been weirdly on point in his predictions in the past. His sales tactics are akin to a used car salesman, that’s obvious.

Don’t let that confuse you, the underlying point - the Consensus crypto expo, is the real deal in spreading mass adoption across the institutional space. This convention had a huge positive impact on the market last year, and the palm beach report predicted that pretty much precisely. It’s one to watch this year (without assuming anything for certain). He also called out Ripple right before it went on it’s run through December. Teeka is a straight up sleazebag, but the salient point here is easy to miss - he has legitimate industry contacts, which is what he milks.

Never write off a potential source based on marketing tactics without really connecting the dots; always dig deeper before jumping up and down in an excited yet uninformed conclusion - works well every time.

Another talking point- Goldman Sachs practically buy Poloniex via Circle, then issue a report spreading FUD. There is evidently a huge amount of market manipulation at play here, with the ultimate goal of paving the way for institutional money to enter the market at the lowest (best) price possible.

Last edited:
There is an interesting rumour borne out of the latest Palm Beach report that a huge institutional cash injection is coming into the market on or around May 14th. This coincides with the date of one of the biggest crypto conferences/events in the world - where institutional investors engage crypto project teams directly. Let’s see what happens.

https://www.palmbeachgroup.com/content/palm-beach-daily/teeka-tiwari-on-the-crypto-kingmaker/40833/
Sounds like a typical pump and dump hype piece written by shills. "Institution money" is your new carrot on a stick I assume?

Give it up. The bubble has burst. Cut your losses and stop trying to convince others to throw away their real money .

Sounds like a typical pump and dump hype piece written by shills. "Institution money" is your new carrot on a stick I assume?

Give it up. The bubble has burst. Cut your losses and stop trying to get others to cushion you.

What bubble? You mean the one that was at 15 billion a year ago and is over 300 billion now? That must be what you are referring to. But wait....I forget, you don’t have a clue about the market. My bad.

Back