Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

Agreed. That's actually the first word I used to describe him - 'nutcase'.

And what I was saying to the other guy, the bulk of my reasons for picking SETH as a solid project have nothing to do with McAfee. Nutcase or not, he does bring a lot of noob exposure to a project (not always a good thing because of his 'coin of the week charade' in the past, am quite familiar with his antics).

If you are into crypto, my suggestion would be to research SETH a little, McAfee or not. It has the potential for serious gains based on solid fundamentals.

Just looking a it now. Looks like it supposedly pre-ICO'd at $2/coin, but is now down to about 65 cents. Although the pre ICO carried a 40% bonus, so perhaps that would have been more like 1.20 per coin.

Just looking a it now. Looks like it supposedly pre-ICO'd at $2/coin, but is now down to about 65 cents. Although the pre ICO carried a 40% bonus, so perhaps that would have been more like 1.20 per coin.

Yeah, that’s about right - they distributed a 30% share of company tokens to investors too. Great entry price at the moment - low coin supply as well.

New interview with Stephen Corliss, the Ethos strategy lead.This guy is a true heavyweight in the financial services space. Really good insight as usual..

New interview with Stephen Corliss, the Ethos strategy lead.This guy is a true heavyweight in the financial services space. Really good insight as usual..

Good stuff.

I am adding to my portfolio today as I only used 30% of my original investment to start to get used to the space. I am just looking to hold so its important to find good projects. I was going to pick up some Blockport, a "competitor" of ETHOS but I am going to have to bail from that idea. It is seeing some nice movement as of late but I feel it's a lot of hype and not a lot of substance for now and I am not 100% behind it like I am ETHOS. I'd rather hold a non competitor in my portfolio as well. Maybe ill look into it again in the future.

Finally.

Coinbase, a digital currency exchange came across a new lawsuit alleging that their employees and other related insiders have collected massive amount by trading on confidential information that the cryptocurrency exchange decided to support transactions in a Bitcoin offshoot called Bitcoin Cash.

On Thursday, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California filed in “The class action suit.” It appears to be the first filed in a federal court alleging insider trading-like claims over Coinbase’s announcement that it would handle transactions inBitcoin Cash last December.

The complaint says that insiders crowed the price of Bitcoin Cash, also known as BCH, by executing buy and sell orders moments after the move by Coinbase—one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.

The action started the value of the cryptocurrency to raise-up by 200 percent in a while after trading opened on Dec. 19, the complaint adds. That forces Coinbase to briefly freeze the trading, while remaining Bitcoin Cash purchasers were forced to pay“artificially inflated prices that had been manipulated well beyond the fair market value of BCH at that time,” it alleges.

The complaint clarifies that Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong has openly accepted the impression of insider trading and promise to engage in an internal investigation, “to date, neither Armstrong nor the company has disclosed the result of its purported investigation.”

https://cryptofame.io/coinbase-begi...r-trading-separating-its-bitcoin-cash-launch/

Good stuff.

I am adding to my portfolio today as I only used 30% of my original investment to start to get used to the space. I am just looking to hold so its important to find good projects. I was going to pick up some Blockport, a "competitor" of ETHOS but I am going to have to bail from that idea. It is seeing some nice movement as of late but I feel it's a lot of hype and not a lot of substance for now and I am not 100% behind it like I am ETHOS. I'd rather hold a non competitor in my portfolio as well. Maybe ill look into it again in the future.

Nice one. Blockport looks decent as an idea and tech, but the team has almost no experience - the management were all basically ex-interns. Put me off for that reason.

Pretty excited for the Ethos announcement tomorrow, and the direction they are headed. With the Coinbase class action lawsuits, this is a great time to release their wallet.

I'm thinking I should close my coinbase account completely. I used them to buy ethereum that I traded into Ethos on binance. I don't have any money on the books at coinbase at the time and I think I should just close my account totally.

Any suggestions because coinbase seems shady as FUUUUUUUUDDDDDGGGGE!

I'm thinking I should close my coinbase account completely. I used them to buy ethereum that I traded into Ethos on binance. I don't have any money on the books at coinbase at the time and I think I should just close my account totally.

Any suggestions because coinbase seems shady as FUUUUUUUUDDDDDGGGGE!

Have stopped using coinbase for a while now.

My suggestion? Wait for the Ethos wallet to drop for fiat purchases of BTC/ETH (or if you cannot wait use something like BitPanda for now). For trades, use Binance and store offline or on MEW.

Have stopped using coinbase for a while now.

My suggestion? Wait for the Ethos wallet to drop for fiat purchases of BTC/ETH (or if you cannot wait use something like BitPanda for now). For trades, use Binance and store offline or on MEW.

I did use Coinbase in the past, but I bought my ETHOS on Binance.

I won't be using Coinbase anymore. Thanks for the tips!

That my friend, is a pump and dump operation. You don't want to get involved in that, they are rigged in favour of the ring leaders (who make the biggest gains and control the dumps, leaving the rest/noobs with massive losses). Also, the SEC are clamping down hard on PnD groups, so when you see price action like that, best to keep clear.

Oh, I know it was a pump and dump.

The vast majority of the coins weren't in circulation due to the slow transfer process.

Good stuff.

I'm holding a small amount of BPT, and considering COSS as well (the only thing stopping me currently is that from what i see, their exchange is crap). All of them have their good and bad sides, i don't necessarily see them as direct competitors, and i think there is room for everyone, if the market comes back to it's early December stage (or surpasses it).

Gents, the Ethos wallet pre-registration is now open. It’s first come first serve for free tokens via airdrops so hit up the link if you’re interested.

https://www.ethos.io/universal-wallet/

Saw it yesterdays, definitely doing the pre-registration today.

Got in. Can't wait to see the airdrops. But i gotta admit, i appreciate not being forced to do some kind of community thing, such as like a certain status, follow on twitter/facebook, join a telegram, open an account on github or such. I will do it (the telegram thing), but i like not being forced to do someone's marketing for them and artificially pump their community numbers.

Also, and I know it's a stupid thing to be excited about, but the title of the e-mail is "You're on the list." Being the simpleton I am, I appreciate the fact they're not spending my time needlessly. To quote Bill Burr, there is zero fat in that sentence.

Got in. Can't wait to see the airdrops. But i gotta admit, i appreciate not being forced to do some kind of community thing, such as like a certain status, follow on twitter/facebook, join a telegram, open an account on github or such. I will do it (the telegram thing), but i like not being forced to do someone's marketing for them and artificially pump their community numbers.

Also, and I know it's a stupid thing to be excited about, but the title of the e-mail is "You're on the list." Being the simpleton I am, I appreciate the fact they're not spending my time needlessly. To quote Bill Burr, there is zero fat in that sentence.

Yeah, agreed. Everything about the way this team conducts themselves is in line with their ethical (ethos) mission statement. They are a top 60 coin already, and the product release pipeline and marketing has not even started yet.

There is a reason why I believe this to be one of, if not the most...solid projects in the crypto space right now.

Gents, the Ethos wallet pre-registration is now open. It’s first come first serve for free tokens via airdrops so hit up the link if you’re interested.

https://www.ethos.io/universal-wallet/

raw

Last edited:
What's your thoughts on CPCchain and Matrix AI Network Nik?? CPC is trying to be another IOTA. Matrix sounds exciting. A Blockchain like Etherium focusing on AI projects. It has also received backing from the Chinese government.

What's your thoughts on CPCchain and Matrix AI Network Nik?? CPC is trying to be another IOTA. Matrix sounds exciting. A Blockchain like Etherium focusing on AI projects. It has also received backing from the Chinese government.

Both decent projects from what I’ve read. But as with any of the ‘iota of China’ projects, it’s very early days so you just don’t know which one has the most real leverage.

From looking at their proposed scaling tech and team depth/strength, I prefer INT (Internet Node Token), which is under the radar and is also trying to be the next Iota of China. Their team has some of the country’s foremost thought leaders and pioneers in IoT technology.

But essentially all of these fit into the same high risk high reward investment bucket. Go with whichever one appeals to you.

Both decent projects from what I’ve read. But as with any of the ‘iota of China’ projects, it’s very early days so you just don’t know which one has the most real leverage.

From looking at their proposed scaling tech and team depth/strength, I prefer INT (Internet Node Token), which is under the radar and is also trying to be the next Iota of China. Their team has some of the country’s foremost thought leaders and pioneers in IoT technology.

But essentially all of these fit into the same high risk high reward investment bucket. Go with whichever one appeals to you.

Yeah got on INT a while ago however so much FUD right now about it and has one of the worst communities on the telegram along with no communication from the team. Partnerships with IBM and Microsoft are no more either. Time will tell though.

Just gone big on Arcblock. Got in at ICO and just brought a load more. Market cap is so low for such a huge project.

Yeah got on INT a while ago however so much FUD right now about it and has one of the worst communities on the telegram along with no communication from the team. Partnerships with IBM and Microsoft are no more either. Time will tell though.

Just gone big on Arcblock. Got in at ICO and just brought a load more. Market cap is so low for such a huge project.

To be honest the word 'partnership' is thrown about too quickly in this space anyways. Oh, we invited IBM to our exhibition...they're a 'partner'. We had a phone conversation with someone from Intel...they're a 'partner'. We have a contractor on our team whose dad went to Harvard....they're a 'partner'. The Chinese government are not shutting us down...they're a 'partner'.

It's just desperate marketing crap, and often means nothing. That's why I focus more on the fundamentals of the project rather than 'partnerships' and FUD/FOMO etc.

ABT could be huge, got in at ICO too - good move buying some more. I wanted to, but all my positions are locked in for the next few months.

Back